GTX 680 In Stock Thread

Well I got wife's approval and ordered from Amazon :D

It should be a huge jump from my old HD 5850 :D

Now the waiting game. I hope they get available soon.

It's what I have and I seriously hope that this is a jump where I can literally keep my card for a year or two more than my current 5850 (3 or 4 years instead of 2).

I hear you guys...also it looks like the 680 is massively huge comparing to the 5850.

Am I crazy or the pre-order page is gone from Amazon? now when I go to the link provided by Cypher

I don't see the $509.99 one anymore.

EDIT: it seems like the 680 is just half inch longer (10") than the 5850 (9.5")

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Not only that, they run cooler, quieter and use less power (and of course the huge improvement in performance). BAM!

I hear you guys...also it looks like the 680 is massively huge comparing to the 5850.

Am I crazy or the pre-order page is gone from Amazon? now when I go to the link provided by Cypher

I don't see the $509.99 one anymore.

EDIT: it seems like the 680 is just half inch longer (10") than the 5850 (9.5")

Ya, the preorder is gone.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks! I just wanted to make sure I didn't need to look for cables from my computers bone-yard :D

I heard this card comes with very little extras.

Comes with a poster, some stickers, the driver CD, those two power cables and a DVI to analog converter, pretty much all high end reference cards at release tend not to come with much these days.

Comes with a poster, some stickers, the driver CD, those two power cables and a DVI to analog converter, pretty much all high end reference cards at release tend not to come with much these days.

Very true. I believe the Zotac one comes with several Assassin Creed games.

I don't care about lifetime. But I think you can also buy years of warranty for the card and I think you can do whatever you want with the card and still be under warranty (such as an aftermarket cooler and OCing).

I don't care about lifetime. But I think you can also buy years of warranty for the card and I think you can do whatever you want with the card and still be under warranty (such as an aftermarket cooler and OCing).

Galaxy has already posted (here on [H]) that they don't mind overclocking or changing the cooler and that it will not void the warranty. I've also never had a problem with a GPU RMA via Asus, Gigabyte, or MSI even after overclocking or changing the cooler. I don't think any company cares at all, so long as you send it back stock, and don't break the pcb or completely destroy the card while changing the cooler. Sure, Evga is a bit more outspoken about it (same with Galaxy), but I don't think the other three mentioned necessarily don't want you doing this.

Is Galaxy's warranty linked to the card or to the person? Also, how long is it?

2 years or 3 years if you register the first 30 days. I believe the Galaxy rep here said its linked to the card, but even if I'm wrong, why does it matter? If my last name is Smith and I sell the card to someone, they can just become Mr. or Mrs. Smith and say they moved lol. When evga had their non transferable warranty, I would make a single account for each product. That way, I could give the appropriate account/login info to the new owner after a sale and they could change the address and handle an RMA if ever needed. I see absolutely no difference if the warranty is attached to the card or owner, however I do get tons of private messages during sales from trolls who completely over look this.

Galaxy has already posted (here on [H]) that they don't mind overclocking or changing the cooler and that it will not void the warranty. I've also never had a problem with a GPU RMA via Asus, Gigabyte, or MSI even after overclocking or changing the cooler. I don't think any company cares at all, so long as you send it back stock, and don't break the pcb or completely destroy the card while changing the cooler. Sure, Evga is a bit more outspoken about it (same with Galaxy), but I don't think the other three mentioned necessarily don't want you doing this.

Is Galaxy's warranty linked to the card or to the person? Also, how long is it?

2 years or 3 years if you register the first 30 days. I believe the Galaxy rep here said its linked to the card, but even if I'm wrong, why does it matter? If my last name is Smith and I sell the card to someone, they can just become Mr. or Mrs. Smith and say they moved lol. When evga had their non transferable warranty, I would make a single account for each product. That way, I could give the appropriate account/login info to the new owner after a sale and they could change the address and handle an RMA if ever needed. I see absolutely no difference if the warranty is attached to the card or owner, however I do get tons of private messages during sales from trolls who completely over look this.

They need to update their website then. I checked it today, because I am selling my Galaxy 580, and the website terms say it is only good for the original purchaser, with proof of purchase, and the 3 years is only if you register in the first 30 days. It specifically says no used, auction sites sales, etc. They also say the warranty is void if you make any changes to the card (and they have a long list of other things that void the warranty, although it is pretty standard stuff like removing the stickers). Definitely not transferable though.

They need to update their website then. I checked it today, because I am selling my Galaxy 580, and the website terms say it is only good for the original purchaser, with proof of purchase, and the 3 years is only if you register in the first 30 days. It specifically says no used, auction sites sales, etc. They also say the warranty is void if you make any changes to the card (and they have a long list of other things that void the warranty, although it is pretty standard stuff like removing the stickers). Definitely not transferable though.

1. Like I said, the new owner can just become Mr. or Ms. whatever your last name is and you can send them the original proof of purchase. This makes everything 100% transferable and I've done it with plenty of evga products before their warranty was transferable.

2. If you search around, there are plenty of posts that have this info.
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1035982386&postcount=1
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1036153543&postcount=47

1. Like I said, the new owner can just become Mr. or Ms. whatever your last name is and you can send them the original proof of purchase. This makes everything 100% transferable and I've done it with plenty of evga products before their warranty was transferable.

2. If you search around, there are plenty of posts that have this info.
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1035982386&postcount=1
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1036153543&postcount=47

That's great and all, but playing tricks with receipts and accounts isn't the same as being transferable. Transferable means I can sell the card to you, and you can deal with the company directly - not through me as a proxy, or by pretending to be me.

The page linked int he first comment was not the same page I saw when I googled their warranty terms, so they must have a couple of pages. That one was more lenient than the one I read earlier.

Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit - April 1, 2012 2:35:44 AM
Delivery Estimate: Tuesday April 3, 2012

Go to bed Amazon, Jeez.

Damn everyone is inching up their prices. I guess I don't feel so bad about paying $530 for an EVGA via Amazon from J&R.

What a shock :p

By the time you post it here to let people know, those hawks with scripts grab them all.

...and for the really desperate, you can grab a PNY 680 at Best Buy.

Shoot, I'd rather buy an eVGA card from Best Buy and pay tax rather than suffer NewEgg's wraith of customer service and no returns policy. Well...when it's available that is...

i bought my ASUS GTX 680 for $524 from directron. the whole process went smoothly no customer service issues. They had evga for 534 and asus for 524 i went with the cheaper option. asus card comes with a simialar app like evga precision same settings and layout

i bought my ASUS GTX 680 for $524 from directron. the whole process went smoothly no customer service issues. They had evga for 534 and asus for 524 i went with the cheaper option. asus card comes with a simialar app like evga precision same settings and layout

Cant find them at directron not even a listing to say out of stock

Just ordered the Asus 680 for $525 from Extreme-PC. It should ship tomorrow, but I'm still a little skeptical that they actually have any in stock.

I'm waiting for my eVGA 680 to ship as well. You should get your tracking number around 6pm PST

Curious...any idea how Galaxy's CS is. Or for that matter Gigabyte's? Not interested in ASUS, and eVGA's current warranty terms are not really any better than Galaxy's or Gigabyte's (I don't plan on reselling, I don't plan on Step-Up, etc). Just kind of thinking ahead since I'm hoping to get one of these guys in a few months.

The above link did let me place an order for a 680 literally ninety seconds ago...I guess we'll see if it gets killed.

Back