GTX 680 In Stock Thread

I see even Newegg is starting to price gauge too. The EVGA SC is $519.99 right through EVGA and Newegg wants $539.99 plus shipping

My J&R order shipped...so it's almost worth paying $529.99 for a stock EVGA 680. Heh. 4-way SLI here I come. Ordered a Big Bang XPower-II today, too.

Play games? So what, it's 2GB memory across 4 cards. I've got a 2nd 7970 coming, too. ;)

Sure, but I think burningrave101 was referring to you still being limited to 2GB. You don't get 8GB with four cards, you get 2GB. Out of curiosity, what kind of monitor setup are you running?

Sure, but I think burningrave101 was referring to you still being limited to 2GB. You don't get 8GB with four cards, you get 2GB. Out of curiosity, what kind of monitor setup are you running?

Yes, that's what I said, too: "So what, it's 2GB memory across 4 cards". 5760x1080 on 3x ASUS VH236H (60hz). I also have a Acer GD235hz 120hz monitor for competitive gaming.

Believe it or not, I know what I'm doing, lol. When 4GB cards drop I'll probably upgrade. Although, by then - may as well wait for GK110. I switch cards every couple of months. The resale is quite good.

Last edited:

Kyle has a pretty good review on this. For current games, 2GB is sufficient with the GTX 680.

I just ordered the EVGA 680 for $509 not the superclocked one for $539. For $10 over the $499 MSRP base price I'm not bitching. Can't wait to see what this card can do. It's been a long time since I played with gang green, so I hope they don't disappoint me. We'll see ;)

I just ordered the EVGA 680 for $509 not the superclocked one for $539. For $10 over the $499 MSRP base price I'm not bitching. Can't wait to see what this card can do. It's been a long time since I played with gang green, so I hope they don't disappoint me. We'll see ;)

I sure hope you don't play with gang green, that's a nasty infection! LOL ;)

P.S. I'm very excited to get mine delivered too!

Is this available anywhere now? Both links posted above just a couple hours ago are showing out-of-stock now...

Heck, they show out of stock within seconds of them going in stock, do what most of use do and keep refreshing the page to get it first before they are out again

Yup. Sadly that's all we can do. I'm just hoping Amazon gets them back in stock before May now that I've got one on order. Since they took my 580 back and gave me a full refund (aside from the shipping cost back) I feel obligated to buy it from them.

I know its easy to be mad at newegg but its a popular item and theres tons of people trying to f5 their way to getting one. Several people press checkout and then newegg charges their cards and finds out that too many orders went through. Then they don't get to keep your money, they have to go through the credit card agencies to say... oh we're giving back the money. Its a matter of their site being rammed with orders all at once and the credit card companies that don't give money back right away. You could say that eVGA's site does better but they only have a fraction of traffic what newegg has to do in addition to all the other sales they do. Its a bad situation but it just happens. I've had it happen on amazon several times, the only thing amazon does better is that they don't charge you until it almost out the door.

Everyone forgets that once a company issues a refund, it takes a few days before it appears back into your bank account, unlike a charge, where it is minused instantly. I think people are just overreacting.

My Amazon order shipped in less than 2 hours after ordering, that's the way it's done. Screw you NewEgg.

I got an order placed right from EVGA themselves last night around 6pm, now I have to wait til Wednesday for Newegg's refund to hit my bank since it's the weekend

Everyone forgets that once a company issues a refund, it takes a few days before it appears back into your bank account, unlike a charge, where it is minused instantly. I think people are just overreacting.

Overreacting? I don't think so, I ordered on Thursday at 9pm, by 9:15pm my bank showed the charge and was completed, then on Friday they voided the order and have to wait 3 business days for the refund to do through, that's this coming up Wednesday that I have to wait! 6 days to get my money back isn't overreacting, heck I saw posts where members had $1,500 waiting to get refunded, Newegg should not charge customers until the order goes through properly period!

Last edited:
I got an order placed right from EVGA themselves last night around 6pm, now I have to wait til Wednesday for Newegg's refund to hit my bank since it's the weekend

Overreacting? I don't think so, I ordered on Thursday at 9pm, by 9:15pm my bank showed the charge and was completed, then on Friday they voided the order and have to wait 3 business days for the refund to do through, that's this coming up Wednesday that I have to wait! 6 days to get my money back isn't overreacting, heck I saw posts where members had $1,500 waiting to get refunded, Newegg should not charge customers until the order goes through properly period!

Interesting I tried placing an order last night at newegg, it went through, but an instant later I got an email saying out of stock. I wonder if my credit card got charged.

eVGA calls your phone number for all orders over $500 btw. So make sure you have your phone by you or call them tomorrow during their business hours!

I just got my order update from Amazon. Delivery estimate 4/4. Awesomesauce.

Which brand Cypher? Mine probably won't be here until Thursday, but then again I'm also waiting for my new monitor.

Edit: You're going from a 260 to a 680? That's quite a jump :)

I'm so damn excited to get mine, I'll have to replay some games that I have with all the settings maxed! I'm using a MSI 560ti Hawk and some of my games I couldn't max out! I'm dying to see how the witcher 2 plays maxed out.

Which brand Cypher? Mine probably won't be here until Thursday, but then again I'm also waiting for my new monitor.

Evga. They opened the 'preorder' up for a bit on the 29th with no ETA. I posted it here when I saw it so hopefully some other people here got in on it as well.

EDIT: They actually are taking orders for the EVGA card again with no ETA for delivery. If anyone else wants to hop in the queue now might be a good time.

Evga. They opened the 'preorder' up for a bit on the 29th with no ETA. I posted it here when I saw it so hopefully some other people here got in on it as well.

EDIT: They actually are taking orders for the EVGA card again with no ETA for delivery. If anyone else wants to hop in the queue now might be a good time.

What is the link for the preorder cannot find it?

Evga preorder going on Amazon.

My 680 will be here the 3rd.

Well I got wife's approval and ordered from Amazon :D

It should be a huge jump from my old HD 5850 :D

Now the waiting game. I hope they get available soon.

Back