GTX 670 In Stock Thread

Went for the gigabyte too, was hoping to see the ASUS DCII cards but meh, can't complain for $399.99 + free 2-day lol.

Friend of mine went with the Gigabyte too. Thats a fine looking card, and its nice to see it without any price hike. Congrats guys... wish I could afford one :D

guys I have a feeling you can get a GTX 670 whenever you want, these aren't going to be like the 680 and 690, Newegg is showing 20+ of every single card, and other sites are saying 50+.

I think we know why there are no GTX 680 and 690s. Yields! they are all coming out handicapped so they turned them into the 670s and there are plenty of them! Same will go for the 660 when that launches.

Now its time to wait for a rebate or discount, should be able to get one for $350-$375 shortly.

Gigabyte is attractive though, 980 core clock for $399...

I'll wait for them to go down in price for my 2nd card purchase, I couldn't wait for the first one.

guys I have a feeling you can get a GTX 670 whenever you want, these aren't going to be like the 680 and 690, Newegg is showing 20+ of every single card, and other sites are saying 50+.

I think we know why there are no GTX 680 and 690s. Yields! they are all coming out handicapped so they turned them into the 670s and there are plenty of them! Same will go for the 660 when that launches.

Now its time to wait for a rebate or discount, should be able to get one for $350-$375 shortly.

Gigabyte is attractive though, 980 core clock for $399...

I don't know, I watched Amazon sell out of various cards pretty quickly. I'm not going to say you are wrong, because you could very well be 100% correct. I hope the stock is high, don't allow resellers to screw over fellow gamers.

They went out of stock at TigerDirect and EVGA's own website pretty quick. TD lists stuff as "in-stock" but 7-21 days to ship... meaning out of stock.

But I didn't want to wait on my first one, I'll probably upgrade to 2 x 4GB cards later with my 7680 x 1440 setup, but I can play on a single 2560 x 1440 for a while :)

Damn BoA stopping the transaction, might have missed out... I've only spent $3500 at Newegg the last couple of days between me and my buddy for building computers... :p

I sure hope not. Half the fun in buying a GTX 600 series card is the satisfaction that YOU were one of the few lucky ones to get your order in during that 30 second in stock window. Without that all you have is the sense of regret that maybe you should of just waited for the next thing coming since they're always in stock. Not to mention the resale value of your used card when you get tired of it lol.

I see a ton of people selling 680s on the forums all of a sudden. Is everyone trying to get a 670 instead? :p

680's are starting to hit $500 on eBay. I feel sorry for all the scalpers still trying to offload their 680's. NOT!

I see a ton of people selling 680s on the forums all of a sudden. Is everyone trying to get a 670 instead? :p

After seeing the benchmarks and the very small difference between an overclocked 670 and a stock 680 , I would be looking to save some money as well.

Not to mention the 670 is a smaller profile card so its application is greater.

The GTX 670 has similar performance, can be OC'ed to meet stock (not OC) 680 performance, and costs $100 less. Performance for the price is simply better. Unfortunately for those interested in my 680 I am NOT going to be among the ranks of sellers. :p

This pretty much confirms it. 28nm is just not friendly to nVidia but from what I have read they might not be the only ones. Not sure if that situation has changed in the last few months as the process matures.

680's are starting to hit $500 on eBay. I feel sorry for all the scalpers still trying to offload their 680's. NOT!

No kidding. I think it'll be hard for people to get more than MSRP at this point (if 670 stocks hold).

I'll just wait until they're going for $250 somewhere down the line and pick up another one for SLI. :cool:

Well Newegg didn't update until now... 9:00am pacific.

Same with the 680, Newegg's base is CA and it seems corporate works on PST.

Quite a logical thought process.

lol, madeness if you already have it imo

Yep. I'm selling my GTX 680 today for more than I paid for it.

Sucker born every day, glad you found one :)

rofl, in fact, I'm just giddy, let them eat mud :D

The GTX 670 has similar performance, can be OC'ed to meet stock (not OC) 680 performance, and costs $100 less. Performance for the price is simply better. Unfortunately for those interested in my 680 I am NOT going to be among the ranks of sellers. :p.

I'd rather run a 680 at stock and 60C than OC a 670 24/7 at 80C.

Just ordered the EVGA & paid for next day air on it.. I have a Gaming thing this weekend & I just sold my 2nd 6870 2gb so i would be without a card otherwise. The other option was the galaxy from amazon which would have saved me 4 bucks since I can use prime to get next day shipping, but ultimately I think its worth 20 bucks to get the EVGA over Galaxy.

Still a bunch in stock. Must be a lot of failed GK104 chips they could use for these. Either that or they've been stockpiling them instead of using them for GTX 680s.

Wonder what nvidia was thinking making the 670 around 10fps slower than the 680.

No kidding. I think it'll be hard for people to get more than MSRP at this point (if 670 stocks hold).

I'll just wait until they're going for $250 somewhere down the line and pick up another one for SLI. :cool:

It doesn't matter how much performance the GTX 670 offers though, as long as the GTX 680 is still 1% faster and isn't available at major retailers the price will stay above MSRP for a new one on eBay and Amazon because not everyone reads reviews and studies percentage charts, they just buy the highest-end model in the series. We also don't know what GTX 670 availability is going to look like in a week from now either. nVidia could of been stockpiling these chips to use for the GTX 670 for quite a while and once these are all unloaded supply may slow down back to the constraints of what TSMC can pump out.

Just picked one up myself, upgrading from a 6950 for my new zr30w. So excited to play Diablo III on this setup.

I'm so tempted to pick up a 670 now considering I've been playing the auto notify F5 game on the 680 for weeks now. I'm sure by the time I make up my mind to go with the 670 it will be out of stock. Sigh.

I cheated a bit with the 670's. Someone on the EVGA forums or elsewhere posted a program called StatusEgg, where you give it a link, and it parses it and determines which items are on that page and all the information about them. So they used a search page that looked for 680's, I just changed the search to look for 670's. I had it running for the past day with it just picking up some random Asus laptop with a 670m. But right around 8:55am it went off with six 670's in-stock. So I hopped on newegg, ordered, and posted here.

Much easier than the F5 game, annoying that some people are taking advantage of it and trying to gouge though. Hopefully supply will catch up.

I'm so tempted to pick up a 670 now considering I've been playing the auto notify F5 game on the 680 for weeks now. I'm sure by the time I make up my mind to go with the 670 it will be out of stock. Sigh.

If you don't already have a GTX 680, I would absolutely just get a GTX 670 at this point. It is approaching 95% of the performance for 80% of the cost.

There are still many 670s in stock. Only the two with the aftermarket fans have sold out.

I cheated a bit with the 670's. Someone on the EVGA forums or elsewhere posted a program called StatusEgg, where you give it a link, and it parses it and determines which items are on that page and all the information about them. So they used a search page that looked for 680's, I just changed the search to look for 670's. I had it running for the past day with it just picking up some random Asus laptop with a 670m. But right around 8:55am it went off with six 670's in-stock. So I hopped on newegg, ordered, and posted here.

Much easier than the F5 game, annoying that some people are taking advantage of it and trying to gouge though. Hopefully supply will catch up.

Good idea. Was wondering what that statusegg thing being discussed somewhere else was . Now if someone can make one for amazon....

Back