GTX 660 Ti SLI vs GTX 680

Sweet! Those are gonna rock! Any chance you can do some quick benchmarks of before and after enabling SLI? Which CPU do you have by the way? Also, I'm curious what kind of temps on those you'll have. Let me know will ya.

Sweet! Those are gonna rock! Any chance you can do some quick benchmarks of before and after enabling SLI? Which CPU do you have by the way? Also, I'm curious what kind of temps on those you'll have. Let me know will ya.

Absolutely!!! I was planning on it :)

Here they are (stupid molex to 6-pin don't match! lol):

img20120910120035.jpg

I haven't had time to do full benchmarks yet; I will when I get back from work. I ran Unigine a few times - once with the new card and once in SLI.

Awesomely, the new 670 boosts to 1202 mhz right out of the box! Sick! Also runs cooler than the first one. I knew I had gotten a crappy card! haha

Will update with more benchies later!

Oh and I have a 3570-K oc'd to 4.8 ghz :)

Awesomely, the new 670 boosts to 1202 mhz right out of the box! Sick! Also runs cooler than the first one. I knew I had gotten a crappy card! haha

Will update with more benchies later!

Oh and I have a 3570-K oc'd to 4.8 ghz :)
Cool. Good OC on that 3570.

When you say "runs cooler than first one" you mean the bottom card runs cooler? If so it's because the bottom card gets nice fresh and cool air compared to the top card which takes some heat from the lower card.

I like that greenish picture. Really seems like an Nvidia based thing. :D

Okay. Here's some benchmarks from Unigine Heaven. Sorry I was real busy/tired last night :p

GPU 1 (with +50 core +420):

scaled.php

GPU 2 (with +50 core +700 mem):

scaled.php

SLI w/o OC:

scaled.php

SLI w/ OC:

scaled.php

GPU 1 boosts to 1200 mhz
GPU 2 boosts to 1262 mhz

Cool. Good OC on that 3570.

When you say "runs cooler than first one" you mean the bottom card runs cooler? If so it's because the bottom card gets nice fresh and cool air compared to the top card which takes some heat from the lower card.

I like that greenish picture. Really seems like an Nvidia based thing. :D

No no! I mean it runs cooler on it's own! The "new" 670 I put into the bottom at first but realized it OC'ed better than the original 670 and it runs cooler the the first card in both slots :D

And thanks, I've been alternating between green and white lighting. I cant decide which I like better lol

No no! I mean it runs cooler on it's own! The "new" 670 I put into the bottom at first but realized it OC'ed better than the original 670 and it runs cooler the the first card in both slots :D

And thanks, I've been alternating between green and white lighting. I cant decide which I like better lol
Wow, your SLI is getting about 85-95% efficiency, very nice. No 2 GPU's run the same it seems once again. Difficult to have 2 GPU's run @ the same temp without using LCing.
I've thought about replacing the stock thermal paste on my GPU, but with winter coming I really don't need to. I might do it if I get bored on day off though. :p. Hope the temps gone down at all.

The green photo almost just looks like it has a green hue to me, not green lights, which is cool. White lighting is good, but sometimes I prefer some color.

Back