GTX 590 Classified

Killahurtz

Gawd
oc'd 1352/1812

3DMark11best-1.jpg

DSCF6895.jpg

46MHz core overclock, 92MHz shader..

Why is this impressive?

The temps alone are pretty impressive for an air cooled solution, however those aren't the temps under stress. Those would be more interesting. Of course Nvidia totally nerfed the voltage on this thing if it even hints at a stress test like furmark. They don't want any further meltdowns. And I can't blame them. They'd have a LOT of mad customers on their hands.

did someone claim "this is impressive" ? I simply posted a run on this benchmark for this card and the settings that were used...I must have missed the paragraph about not posting unless what you are posting is "impressive"

Last edited:
Thermally, the card performs really well in a cool room.

I'm not exactly thrilled with the cooling on mine though. Once the ambient temperatures get up into 80f+ it gets very loud with temps well into 90c. Mine idles around 47c in a hot room. I don't really care what temperature it runs at as long as it's stable, but it's the noise that was really surprising. The big fan also has a harsh annoying sound, unlike the softer whooshing sound of the blowers on the other cards.

Thermally, the card performs really well in a cool room.

I'm not exactly thrilled with the cooling on mine though. Once the ambient temperatures get up into 80f+ it gets very loud with temps well into 90c. Mine idles around 47c in a hot room. I don't really care what temperature it runs at as long as it's stable, but it's the noise that was really surprising. The big fan also has a harsh annoying sound, unlike the softer whooshing sound of the blowers on the other cards.

...a water block is next , heatkiller seems to be a reasonable choice

i love the box shot. i'm surprised any retailer would carry a card that takes up so much unnecessary space. then, i haven't seen too many retailers carrying that card...

truly an impressive card though...

did someone claim "this is impressive" ? I simply posted a run on this benchmark for this card and the settings that were used...I must have missed the paragraph about not posting unless what you are posting is "impressive"
No, I just didn't understand what the point of this post was, since all you posted was a 3DMark11 run with a blurb about clock speeds and no other discussion or commentary whatsoever :p What else am I supposed to respond with? Congrats?

i love the box shot. i'm surprised any retailer would carry a card that takes up so much unnecessary space. then, i haven't seen too many retailers carrying that card...

truly an impressive card though...
The GTX590 is impressive? In what regard? It's expensive, comparatively slow and was prone to breaking until NVIDIA neutered it further. 590s are a waste of money.

hahaha...in reviewing most of your posts , I didn't see what the points were either ..saying nothing would have been an improvement , and I noticed the link to your "home page" now that's "impressive"

but then again , your are the greatest

hahaha...in reviewing most of your posts , I didn't see what the points were either ..saying nothing would have been an improvement , and I noticed the link to your "home page" now that's "impressive"

but then again , your are the greatest
Are you really trying to insult me by remarking on how my profile links to a non-existent website? :confused: lol

I was just trying to understand the point of this post, which apparently is "I have a GTX590", and that's it. Whatever. Remind me to make a thread next time I buy something expensive for my computer too.

Until I saw the screenshots I though he had done 1352 on each core.

Now that would have been impressive!

oh...your the guy who is supposed to critique the "point" of posted threads...they should have mentioned that in the info about joining the forum

I am getting the impression that you wish you could afford to buy something "expensive" to play around with...hahaha

Last edited:
oh...your the guy who is supposed to critique the "point" of posted threads...they should have mentioned that in the info about joining the forum

I am getting the impression that you wish you could afford to buy something "expensive" to play around with...hahaha
Amusing, since my computer is faster than yours, if you really are trying to make this into a penis measuring contest.

Amusing, since my computer is faster than yours, if you really are trying to make this into a penis measuring contest.

looks more like you are trying to wax your e-penis (as you do all through your posts)....so lets see

hmmm...the machine the 590 is in is a 2600K @ 5.1g that e-penises your 930
pi.jpg

and my ssd seems to pimp slap your ssd
105pciebus.png

and my 920 @ 4.2 g rig in my sig seems to e-penis your 920 rig
and my wifes I7 920 @ 4 g eyefinity rig takes a dump on your 920 (her 40" Sony Bravia hd tv probably hammers your main TV as well)
DSCF6709-1.jpg

and my 2500K @ 4.8 560ti sli 3d surround rig dorks your girlfriends rig
DSCF6884-1.jpg

and my Q9550 4870 x2 quadfire rig e-penises your moms Rent-A-Center Compaq that she gave you
DSCF6705.jpg

and my 4 year old XPS laptop mashes your I-Phone
DSCF6166.jpg

oh , and in one of your posts you were bragging on your 2011 Suburu I think it was?...in the "class" department I think I can walk on that as well
DSCF5314.jpg

and here you are belittling most of the forum in your special little way :
"No offense but I would estimate 95% of the people reading this website can't afford two 580s, let alone three (or the 3GB models)." ...and you have several posts like that here superman

when a REAL e-penis measuring contest breaks out , you let me know...hahaha this is fun! I didn't know that threading a little info for members to use to compare systems with would bring out the super gurus and their condescending attitudes...you have a great day though Bro'

Last edited:
looks more like you are trying to wax your e-penis (as you do all through your posts)....so lets see

pi.jpg

105pciebus.png

and my wifes I7 920 @ 4 g eyefinity rig takes a dump on your 920 (her 40" Sony Bravia hd tv probably hammers your main TV as well)
DSCF6709-1.jpg

DSCF6884-1.jpg

and my Q9550 4870 x2 quadfire rig e-penises your moms Rent-A-Center Compaq that she gave you
DSCF6705.jpg

DSCF6166.jpg

oh , and in one of your posts you were bragging on your 2011 Suburu I think it was?...in the "class" department I think I can walk on that as well
DSCF5314.jpg

"No offense but I would estimate 95% of the people reading this website can't afford two 580s, let alone three (or the 3GB models)." ...and you have several posts like that here superman

when a REAL e-penis measuring contest breaks out , you let me know...hahaha this is fun! I didn't know that threading a little info for members to use to compare systems with would bring out the super gurus and their condescending attitudes...you have a great day though Bro'
You have spent entirely too much time on this post, lmao. Give it a rest. Did you really scour through my post history though for this? I was just going off your sig. Anyways, nice computers / Camaro. Stop trying to make everything so personal, it's the internet.

And to make my entire participation in this thread somewhat worthwhile, why did you decide to go with a 590 over a pair of 580s or even 570s? Obviously cost isn't a big concern. Did you just not want to deal with two discrete video cards? I've never understood who exactly NVIDIA is targeting with that card.

Last edited:
I think the last OP post pretty much confirms this is just an e-peen stroking thread. Move along, nothing to see here...

pi.jpg

105pciebus.png

DSCF6709-1.jpg

DSCF6884-1.jpg

DSCF6705.jpg

DSCF6166.jpg

DSCF5314.jpg

How can you be so badass an not know enough to get Photobucket Pro?

Back