Grim Dawn Alpha starts tomorrow

Grim Misadventures reporting for duty!

Last time 90, we had a deep overview of everything now in-game with the release of v1.1.6.0 last month.

Today, we’re ready to talk about more of what’s still in store for Grim Dawn! Attention is now turning to V1.1.7.0 (and perhaps beyond? Hmm?).

We’ve dropped several hints over the past few months, of areas previously unexplored and domains left to conquer, but why stop there?

3eba76d7028d3c47ff45fa848fa96f83e287c203_2_690x332.jpg
Shattered Sun Spire_02.jpg1809×873 748 KB

One aspect of the game we find ourselves going back to repeatedly is also one of the most fun, and yet also often frustrating. Monster Infrequents, as they’ve come to be called, are exciting to discover, but getting the affixes you need can put a drain on that joy. It’s not uncommon to see the phrase “just GDStash it” in the community.

There is a fine line between making a loot drop so common that it becomes boring and so rare that you’d rather just cheat it in, but we think that perhaps the game is a little too close to the “cheat” end of the spectrum right now.

To that end, we are making a number of changes to Monster Infrequents in v1.1.7.0 that should make getting them, especially while leveling, more exciting:

Reducing the Infrequency
First off, we are completely removing the chance to get a Monster Infrequent with just a Rare affix. Instead. In v1.1.7.0, all Monster Infrequents will drop with two affixes. In addition, we are increasing the chance of them rolling with at least one Rare affix, and significantly increasing the chance of dropping with two, making it a coveted TRIPLE rare. After all, you’re not just trying to get an ultra-rare drop. You’re also trying to get it with ideal affixes, and that’s perhaps a bit too much prayer to RNGesus.

Next in line, we are going to be doing another pass on Monster Infrequent balancing. We’ve done this in the past, but there are still Monster Infrequents that could use a bump for endgame purposes. The biggest changes probably come in the Necklace and Medal slots.

(As always, stats on items previewed in our dev updates are subject to change as we approach a patch release)

ac461a64bbcde24e043141ace854575bcfec1580.jpg

a295f5ac1ce8c7965201542ab42c0e455b78a35b.jpg

Monstrous Stats
In addition, we are bumping up stats on almost all Monster Infrequents at lower levels. While this has no impact for endgame, it will mean that getting a cool Monster Infrequent while you’re leveling a character will feel much more rewarding. Combined with the improved affix drop rates, you may end up with some potent Monster Infrequents on your leveling journey!

MOAR
Next up, yes turns out this list just keeps on going, we are going back to many of our vanilla boss encounters. V1.1.6.0 started us on this path with Monster Infrequents for Ilgorr the Eternal and Lagoth’Ak Harbinger of Blood, but many bosses are still woefully lacking in unique drops. This was a standard we established with Ashes of Malmouth and carried forward with Forgotten Gods, but it is time that the base game is brought in line.

6b18a5150db92e35efe7e5e173e903a6740c90ff.jpg

This is going to be huge for your loot hunt as we are adding 30, yes thirty, new Monster Infrequents to the game and finally giving you some incentive to hunt down those bosses you’ve probably forgotten about while running through the Korvan desert!

31086ba5832e2830230543126e7b5126371f0371.jpg

Modifying Vanilla
The last change we have in store took a lot of deliberation internally. Item Skill modifiers have become a staple of Grim Dawn with the release of Ashes of Malmouth. They are such a core mechanic now that it feels wrong not to introduce players to them sooner. As such, with v1.1.7.0, we are going to be shifting Monster Infrequent skill modifiers as a feature to the base game, rather than exclusively a part of expansions.

Many players are still discovering Grim Dawn for the first time, and we want to make sure that they experience all the aspects of what makes character building in Cairn so enticing and rewarding.

With all this on the horizon, we think it’s safe to say that v1.1.7.0 will be the Monster Infrequent patch!

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 05/04/2020 for the next Grim Misadventure.

Also, 1.1.6.2 Hotfix dropped a little while ago:

V1.1.6.2 Hotfix 2

[Tech]

• Fixed an issue where Monster Totems would not appear on the map until you were very close to them.
[Itemization]

• Component - Seal of Corruption: increased damage and reduced Energy Cost on the granted skill
Legendary Non-Set Items

• Mythical Aethereach: increased % Elemental dealt as Aether for pets to 100%
  • Mythical Bane of the Winter King: reduced % Cold Resist Reduction modifier for Veil of Shadows to -10% and increased Cold damage modifier for Mogdrogen’s Pact to 38
  • Mythical Grasp of the Dead: replaced +1 Summon Limit modifier for Blade Spirit with 70 Cold damage modifier for it
  • Scion of Arcane Force: added 90 Elemental damage modifier for Cadence
Legendary Set Items

• Deathguard Set: removed Acid damage modifier for Shadow Strike and increased Acid modifier for Bone Harvest to 230
[Class & Skills]
Shaman

• Storm Totem: damage can no longer be converted “twice” when using the Transmuter or Conduit of Wild Whispers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anddddddd here's all your essential mods (updated to 1.1.6.2):
Rainbow Filter - https://github.com/WareBare/WanezGD_Tools/releases/download/v0.4.3/fullRainbow-1.1.6.0.zip
Grim Internals - https://mega.nz/#!MAVh3AbS!ZXaIlEVPuEyFy4VCQO8wLUkd0S-8a45gKWwp5EAI4E0
GrimUI-X - https://app.box.com/shared/static/n8u7wc6lswbt2vd356vg94oish9dk5li.zip

May RNGesus smile upon you during this quarantine (y)

I never got the colored god beams working. Any advice?

Just drop the fx folder from the following zip into your Grim Dawn\Settings folder
https://forums.crateentertainment.com/uploads/short-url/55oBFS6WsK0feFtmWOJaCzqe1rG.zip

EDIT: I deleted lootsparkle1 and lootsparkle2 from the sub-folder myself because I didn't want/need magic & regular-rare items highlighted etc.

Also, bear in mind double-rares will only be highlighted if you're using Grim Internals.

lootsparkle1 = magic items
lootsparkle2 = rare items
lootsparkle3 = epic
lootsparkle4 = legendary
- for Grim Internals only:
lootsparkle2_green = double-rare items
lootsparkle4_purple = legendary items

Last edited:
Gifted the base game to 3 friends when it was on sale for $5 recently. Turned out we couldn't play together because I owned Ashes of Malmouth and Forgotten Gods and they didn't...but they were all enjoying it so much they just bought the expansions at full price. So it's been great fun running through the game as a group with a bunch of people that don't really play ARPGs much.

Yeah I like how the game has a chat system for communication. Some of the stuff that came up in chat is nonforgetable.

Gifted the base game to 3 friends when it was on sale for $5 recently. Turned out we couldn't play together because I owned Ashes of Malmouth and Forgotten Gods and they didn't...but they were all enjoying it so much they just bought the expansions at full price. So it's been great fun running through the game as a group with a bunch of people that don't really play ARPGs much.

I've gifted easily 10 copies of the vanilla game by now.... (when it's on sale of course)

Glad your MP experience has been super-fun!!

EDIT:

The Diablo 2 remake mod "Reign of Terror" might interest your group (if nothing else for nostalgia but also the new zones/classes etc)
https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/mod-reign-of-terror/35347

Also, Dawn of Masteries is INSANE (37!! new classes, combined with practically every essential/nifty mod - it's pretty much eclipsed Grimarillion as the #1 mod-pack now)
https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/dawn-of-masteries/94373

Last edited:
I may dub around with this again. I'm deep into Path of Exile, but kind of sucks that you really can't design your own build to see all the content. You're kind of stuck having to follow someone else's build.

I forget, is that the same story here? Can I whip up a build here and do ok? I enjoy trying out different playstyles and trying different setups.

There are definitely builds that work better, but you are pretty free to experiment and play around. Skill points are reset-able (but I don't know about masteries). if nothing else, you get teh masteries pretty early so you can just have a few builds and share interesting loot back and forth...

Still a damn good-looking game IMO:

Is there a particular level when it's a good idea to jump to elite difficulty? I just completed the regular campaign on normal around 48, then figured I might check out Elite difficulty. The monsters in act 1 were way more tanky and dangerous, to the point that the first hero monster I faced was like something I'd expect to be 10 levels higher. My resists weren't great, but I had basically just steamrolled the Loghorrean on normal so it was crazy to me that they were so much more difficult. Decided I would continue on normal for the Malmouth content and get some better gear before going up to elite.

Decided I would continue on normal for the Malmouth content and get some better gear before going up to elite.

This. (lvl 60 is preferable for Elite)

Also, you can try ticking the Veteran box like a "mahn". (y)

- Resists become serious business once you're past Normal.

This. (lvl 60 is preferable for Elite)

Also, you can try ticking the Veteran box like a "mahn". (y)

- Resists become serious business once you're past Normal.

I actually did that by accident when I first checked out that D2 mod awhile back. The whole time I was thinking "man this is reeeeally slow! it takes forever to kill anything!" And since then I haven't checked the box haha.

Grim Misadventures is here!

As you well know, V1.1.7.0 is fast approaching, and with it a menagerie of new Monster Infrequents 145 to hunt for. But here at MOAR industries, we never stop working on an update until we hit the character limit on the forum (again…).

08c0ae5452f7f92f847fb23efebdbba9850ab545.png

You may find yourself wondering what other surprises are still in store for you with the next patch. Today, fans of the Crucible are in for a treat!

Shortly after the release of Ashes of Malmouth, we introduced two new Crucibles to the DLC. While they expanded the roster, the tech we had in place at the time necessitated that the arenas were still themed after base game areas.

With V1.1.7.0, we’re going to the stars!

Crucibling About

Thanks to some tech changes, we are now able to introduce new Crucibles that are inspired by expansions. This does however necessitate that you own the respective expansion to enjoy them, so if you own Ashes of Malmouth, you will soon have two new arenas in your roster.

Crucible of the Woods

16f7f3152d98b63eeba81f0b9300210c95106362.jpg
Survival_arenaWoods01.jpg1024×576 192 KB

Crucible of the Bog

bc58983c87cabf959b427ca5d5455072fc039993_2_690x388.jpg
Survival_arenaBog01.jpg1024×576 286 KB

Now if you also own Forgotten Gods, you will unlock two additional areas!

Crucible of the Stars

ca81b4ccc5ed719e432c25eb2713da9b2cae1be1_2_690x388.jpg
Survival_arenaStars01.jpg1024×576 333 KB

Crucible of the Crags

0102e8d94e31ad900b5c0d76a59016ea5cab08ca_2_690x388.jpg
Survival_arenaCrags01.jpg1024×576 300 KB

MOAR…AGAIN
Sure, why not, moar! If you’ve been hanging around the forum, you may have noticed a thread in the feedback section called Updating Old Epics to Mythical Status 162. Players have contributed ideas for their old favorites, and we’ve been listening. Over 30 base game Epic items are receiving the Mythical treatment and getting added to the Forgotten Gods loot pool. That includes an update to the Soothsayer set, for those interested in a support playstyle at endgame.

Between old Epics being new again and a new collection of Monster Infrequents, the loot hunt is getting another sizable boost.

Naturally, your next question will be when V1.1.7.0 will grace you with its release. The answer is, posthaste! We expect V1.1.7.0 testing to wrap up by the end of May, so look forward to the next content update by late May/early June!

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 06/15/2020 for the next Grim Misadventure.

Is there any place to use dynamite in the reign of terror mod ?

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/grim-dawn-version-1-1-7-0/100418/1

The Monster Infrequent update is upon us!

Featuring the largest changelog Grim Dawn’s seen yet (the old forum post character limit was 48000, had to raise it to 64000 to make this post), it’s sure to have changes that will strike your fancy. Among them are over 30 new Monster Infrequents, most of which are available even if you only own the base game!

All these Monster Infrequents will require farming of course, which is why we made some major changes to affix tables to make the experience much more enjoyable. Your chances of getting appropriate affixes will be greater than ever!

We are thrilled to have this latest collection of awesome changes in your hands and hope you enjoy an ever more polished experience.

For the full list of changes, see below:

V1.1.7.0

[Major New Features]

• Many bosses in the base game that previously had no unique loot have received the Monster Infrequent treatment. 30 new Monster Infrequents have been added to the base game and an additional 5 added to Ashes of Malmouth and Forgotten Gods.
  • Monster Infrequents now feature Item Skill modifiers in the base game and no longer require Ashes of Malmouth (Legendary item modifiers remain exclusive to expansions).
  • The Crucible DLC has been updated with four new maps for owners of Ashes of Malmouth and Forgotten Gods, two for each expansion: Crucible of the Bog, Crucible of the Woods, Crucible of the Stars and Crucible of the Crags, featuring new layouts and environments from the expansions to spice up your Crucible experience!
  • Many Epic items from the base game that previously had no Mythical version have had Mythical versions added to the Forgotten Gods loot pool. For more details, see below.
[Shattered Realm]

• Monster Infrequents and Uniques from Steps of Torment, Bastion of Chaos and Port Valbury no longer drop in the Shattered Realm. This is consistent with Roguelike Dungeons added in expansions.
[Crucible]

• Fixed three issues which caused enemies to sometimes not leave their spawn points.
  • Monster Infrequents and Uniques from Steps of Torment, Bastion of Chaos and Port Valbury no longer drop in the Crucible. This is consistent with Roguelike Dungeons added in expansions.
  • Blessing of Ulo: increased % Physical Resist for pets to 8%
  • Empyrion’s Guidance: increased % Health for pets to 70%
  • Might of Amatok: increased % Damage Modifier for pets to 14%
  • Uluin’s Pact: increased % Offensive and % Defensive Ability for pets to 3%
[Tech]

• Fixed an issue with prefixes and suffixes on items not merging racial bonuses properly.
  • Fixed pressing “Start” on a gamepad not closing dialog prompts.
  • Increased the limit on simultaneous floating combat text tracking to fix an issue where damage numbers would not appear when using some skills.
  • Fixed a crash when trying to apply an Illusion to an item that you do not meet the requirements for.
  • Monsters that fall off the pathable area now suffer a swift death.
  • Fixed soulbound equipment going into the transfer stash when equipping items with a gamepad.
[Game]

• Removed bonus % Armor for monsters on Elite and Ultimate difficulty and from Multiplayer scaling
  • Reduced Monster Aether Resist by 3% on Elite difficulty and 5% on Ultimate difficulty
- That's not counting item changes at all (see linked post for more info)

INSANE!!

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/grim-dawn-version-1-1-7-1-hotfix-1/100813

V1.1.7.1 Hotfix 1

[Crucible]

• Fixed another issue that caused monsters to get stuck in spawn areas. This time for good, probably maybe, let’s hope.
  • Vanguard Banner now also grants % All Retaliation damage
[Tech]

• Autocast abilities should not trigger off destructible decorations.
  • Iron cost is now considered when showing maximum craftable quantity for a blueprint.
  • Attached Devotion skills will no longer trigger the 100% cooldown FX to remove confusion when using item skills.
  • Fixed Devastation double dipping from its own mana cost reduction.
  • Fixed not being able to join expansion specific Crucible maps in multiplayer.
  • Fixed a bug causing loading screen tips to be missing.
  • Fixed a bug causing some players to get stuck on the loading screen.
[Game]

• Reduced % Elemental Resist for Korvaak’s Chosen and Aetherial Ascended humans
[Itemization]

• Reduced % Retaliation added to Attack on the Counterblow skill proc to 6%
  • Component - Shard of Beronath: increased damage on the granted skill
Monster Infrequents

• Alkamos’ Scythe: increased Cold damage modifier for Blitz to 220 and added Pneumatic Burst modifiers
  • Alkamos’ Warsword: increased Cold damage modifier for Vire’s Might to 120
  • Crimson’s Arcane Scepter: reduced Lightning damage modifier for Albrecht’s Aether Ray to 1-115
  • Fleshwarped Tome: reduced Aether damage modifier for Albrecht’s Aether Ray to 30
  • Gargoyle Waistguard: reduced % Slow Resist to 20%
  • Kymon’s Badge: added 33% of Fire dealt as Lightning modifier for Callidor’s Tempest
  • Pulsing Shard: reduced % Crit damage modifier for Albrecht’s Aether Ray to 8%
  • Ragrathar’s Horn: added 6% Physical Resist, removed Conversion
Epic Items

• Mythical Marrow Band has been added to the Forgotten Gods loot pool
  • Blacksteel Gauntlets: reduced % All Retaliation damage to 35%
  • Empowered Frozen Core: added +2 to Amarasta’s Blade Burst
  • Frozen Core: added +2 to Amarasta’s Blade Burst
  • Mythical Amarastan Pauldrons: added 25% of Aether dealt as Pierce
  • Mythical Anchorite’s Leg Armor: increased Lightning Retaliation to 125-500
  • Mythical Blacksteel Gauntlets: reduced % All Retaliation damage to 45%
  • Mythical Frozen Core: added +2 to Amarasta’s Blade Burst
  • Mythical High Consillar’s Coat: added +2 to Nidalla’s Justifiable Ends
  • Mythical Mantle of the Weeping Eye: added 25% of Pierce dealt as Aether
  • Mythical Purging Gaze: added 25% of Pierce dealt as Aether
  • Mythical Stormherald’s Visage: added 25% of Fire dealt as Lightning
  • Mythical Wreath of Souls: added 25% of Elemental dealt as Chaos
  • Willie’s Razor: reduced Level Requirement to 14 and increased Pierce damage
  • Mythical Soulthief: removed Cooldown on the granted skill and increased its % Weapon damage
  • Soulthief: removed Cooldown on the granted skill and increased its % Weapon damage
Legendary Non-Set Items

• Callagadra’s Visage: reduced % Chance of All Retaliation damage to 20% chance of 330%
  • Crown of the Winter King: removed Cold damage and increased damage on the granted skill
  • Horns of Korvaak: increased Elemental damage modifier for Savagery to 33 and its % Attack Speed modifier to 8%
  • Mantle of Mogdrogen: increased Lightning damage for pets to 22 and added 50% of Fire dealt as Lightning for pets
  • Mythical Aethereach: removed Aether damage modifier for Albrecht’s Aether Ray and increased its Energy Cost Reduction modifier to 8%
  • Mythical Avatar of Order: added 600 Fire Retaliation modifier for Mirror of Ereoctes
  • Mythical Crown of the Winter King: removed Cold damage and increased damage on the granted skill
  • Mythical Decree of the Circle of Five: increased % Cast Speed to 18%
  • Mythical Demonbone Legplates: added 15% Stun Resist
  • Mythical Essence of the Grim Dawn: replaced Aether damage modifier for Albrecht’s Aether Ray with 20 Chaos damage modifier
  • Mythical Executioner’s Judgment: reduced Cold damage modifier for Cadence to 60
  • Mythical Grim Fate: reduced Radius modifier for Thermite Mine to 0.3
  • Mythical Inashkor’s Head: reduced Physical damage modifier for Albrecht’s Aether Ray to 60
  • Mythical Spellbreaker Waistguard: removed Cold damage
  • Mythical Stormseer Sapphire: added 33% of Fire dealt as Lightning modifier for Callidor’s Tempest
  • Mythical Vestments of Severed Faith: added 30% Trap Resist
  • Spellbreaker Waistguard: removed Cold damage
Legendary Set Items

• Belgothian’s Slaughter Set: reduced % Weapon damage on the granted skill to 140%
  • Belgothian’s Mask: reduced % Weapon damage modifier for Markovian’s Advantage to 30%
  • Chillwhisper Set: reduced Cold damage modifier for Blade Spirit to 120
  • Dawnseeker’s Light Set: added 100% of Physical dealt as Lightning modifier for Counter Strike
  • Mythical Dawnbreaker’s Beacon: replaced bonus to Stormcaller’s Pact with +3 to Storm Touched
  • Mythical Dawnbreaker’s Sledge: increased % Retaliation added to Attack on the skill proc (Forgotten Gods only).
  • Dawnbreaker’s Beacon: replaced bonus to Stormcaller’s Pact with +3 to Storm Touched
  • Dawnbreaker’s Sledge: increased % Retaliation added to Attack on the skill proc (Forgotten Gods only).
  • Harra’s Artifice Set: increased % Vitality dealt as Cold modifier for Phantasmal Blades to 60%
  • Invoker’s Will Set: added 30 Lightning damage modifier for Panetti’s Replicating Missile and reduced its Fire damage modifier to 30
  • Light’s Guardian Set: added Aether damage to the granted skill
  • Markovian’s Bastion Set: added 40% Weapon damage and -0.4s Cooldown modifiers for Blitz
  • Mythical Markovian’s Bulwark: reduced Weapon damage modifier for Blitz to 40%
  • Mythical Infernal Knight’s Faceguard: reduced Radius modifier for Thermite Mine to 0.5
  • Nature’s Avenger Set: increased Duration of the skill proc to 15s and reduced its % Physical Resist bonus to 22%
  • Stoneguard Set: added % Physical Retaliation to the skill proc
[Class & Skills]
Devotion

• Oleron: added 180% Bleed damage
  • Spear of the Heavens: added 10 Aether dmg
  • Blind Fury: increased Radius to 6 and increased Physical damage
  • Fist of Vire: increased % Weapon damage and Internal Trauma damage. Reduced % Retaliation added to Attack to 22%.
Soldier

• Blitz: increased Physical damage scaling with rank
  • Blindside: increased Internal Trauma damage scaling with rank
  • Tremor: reduced % Total damage penalty to -28%
Demolitionist

• Thermite Mine: increased radius to 2.4
Nightblade

• Veil of Shadow: increased Offensive Ability Reduction scaling at ultimate ranks to -250 by max ultimate rank
Shaman

• Storm Touched: increased % Physical damage scaling with rank to 80% by rank 12, 150% by max ultimate rank. Added % Lightning Retaliation.
  • Thunderous Strike: reduced % Total damage penalty to -28%
Inquisitor

• Rune of Kalastor: increased Projectile explosion radius to 2.5 and increased Fire damage scaling with rank
  • Ignition: increased Burn damage scaling with rank

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/grim-misadventure-171-expanded-horizons/100995/1

Grim Misadventures is here!

Last time, you had your first look at the new Crucible Arenas 10 included with v1.1.7.0. But as you now have this update in your hands, that’s OLD NEWS.

V1.1.7.0 was so last week, let’s talk about V1.1.8.0! You may recall as we teased you with this image when the new year rolled around…

e9bb02c93d01064d55504d6cdfcae5840ec8446d_2_690x430.jpg
Bridge.jpg1422×888 1.55 MB

As you can imagine, priorities shifted, MOAR was added, then even MOAR, and here we are halfway through 2020 with no new areas in sight. But fear not, for their time is coming!

Where v1.1.7.0 focused on overhauling loot tables and introducing a mountain of new Monster Infrequents to hunt for, v1.1.8.0 will be all about world building. There are many nooks and crannies in Cairn that have been left untouched. In some cases, it was the realities of development and we couldn’t get to everything we wanted to. In other cases, we had tantalizing areas just out of sight that never got used.

703e49859cc61cb55ad128a8c766daff623b7280_2_690x330.jpg
Arkovian Coliseum.jpg1852×888 961 KB

The most infamous of all may be the area between Old Arkovia and Tyrant’s Hold. Those who have been with us since Early Access may recall that we once contemplated offering two routes up to Homestead but, for a number of reasons, we had to alter those plans. The game has grown since then, and we’ve had some time to ponder how we could give that area the attention it deserves.

With v1.1.8.0, you will be able to traverse Tyrant’s Hold and approach the ruined bridge from the other side. The bridge that’s teased us since the early days of Grim Dawn will finally be restored!

Sharp eyes may also have noticed that there were some changes to Burrwitch a few updates ago. As you likely suspected (and some of the modders datamined), this will indeed be another area we’ve expanded upon and will be featured in the v1.1.8.0 update!

81741391e694526a6740af4e2e1556bf977f029b_2_690x330.jpg
Burrwitch Cathedral.jpg1852×888 663 KB

Now why would you find yourself exploring these portions of the world when you’ve got foreboding deserts to explore and forgotten gods to vanquish? Well, as with all content, new challenges await, new wealth remains to be uncovered. To the explorer go the spoils!

4a62c67e21a191b7d1361ae1f4aed29a1bd6c1d5_2_375x500.jpg
Shrine_Totem_Celestial01.jpg768×1024 205 KB

Is there an area of Grim Dawn’s world that you’ve been itching to explore further?

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 08/03/2020 for the next Grim Misadventure.

I've played thru the main campaign, recently.. and before that, about a year ago I went hard with an install that had ashes.. how bad do I really need the expansions? Do they go on sale at certain times? Love the game, as it's a beautiful thing to play, and a great timeout from PoE. Just confused between dumping some time and money into this, or doing the new PoE league and losing a bit more of my soul.. (its grindy af)

Also, how is Grim Dawm endgame? Are there maps, or is it like diablo 2.. just bump difficulty and race to 100?

It's a good game if you finish all the dlc you can always grind in the crucible there are a ton of secrets in the game which may or maynot do it for you playing online with someone is the best because there are lot of vets.

It's a good game if you finish all the dlc you can always grind in the crucible there are a ton of secrets in the game which may or maynot do it for you playing online with someone is the best because there are lot of vets.

Don't forget Shattered Realm! 👍

(It's very similar to Diablo 3's Rifts etc)

Hello again with a Grim Misadventure!
Last time, we gave you a preview of some of the new areas 227 you’ll be exploring when V1.1.8.0 is released later this year.
You may also recall a certain new form of Monster Totem for you to contend with.

4a62c67e21a191b7d1361ae1f4aed29a1bd6c1d5_2_375x500.jpg

As with the current collection of monstrously imbued loot pinatas, you can expect to find some special loot, and the theme speaks for itself…

58bcf30435ecb1bbac761fb968f13c6780ec4dc9_2_312x500.gif

The counterpart to the Dawnshard can tear a rift in reality, just as the other conduits of Morgoneth’s powers. Embrace the power of night…before Yugol comes for you!

a2573a7610f602040e51801a027808f90d60bf2a_2_260x500.jpg

You will be tracking down this Celestial Totem across at least 5 (so, you know, probably over 100 by the time we actually release the patch…) new side areas scattered across the world of Cairn, in familiar locales you might have passed by before but could not access.

b8a6533026a911779475e8cfe3d6a6473865fb7d_2_690x313.jpg

5a89fa21f83cc5733f9ebf7daaf10a001af89a40_2_690x316.jpg

As you’d expect, the Celestial Totem will not mark your only threat in these areas. Each location will feature a minor boss encounter as well as accompanying Monster Infrequent, for when our answer to the loot hunt is MOAR.

287c93464b3a6d7727c11e42081da87cfc23d5cd_2_690x316.jpg

In addition to this new content, you can expect a series of balance changes intended to make your decisions even more tantalizing and expand Grim Dawn’s already vast build diversity. Previously, we had focused on Monster Infrequents and touching up non set Legendaries. With V1.1.8.0, we will be taking a closer look at the relative balance of Mastery Combinations and how we can improve the disparity of the outliers on both ends of the spectrum.
It’s a complex issue without simple solutions, but one we feel is worthy of further efforts and we can make the most informed decisions with your feedback!
You can join the ongoing discussion on that topic in the Ideas and Feedback Forum 77.

e491b6e036307b52a0e3f314ca3df3502ec5fdbb_2_690x316.jpg

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 09/28/2020 for the next Grim Misadventure.

(I'd be remiss if I didn't post this)
074e4579b37baff1129af96a1a77cf9651c265c3_2_690x394.jpg

Dawn of Masteries 1.0.1b 4.0k from ModDB
Dawn of Masteries 1.0.1b 2.8k from NexusMods
I have been thinking of creating a mod that collects the various mastery mods for a while now. Obviously there is no point in replicating Grimarillion, so I went with a somewhat different set of masteries.
The mod brings back some of the ‘forgotten’ mastery mods which were not upgraded for FG (Cataclysm and NCFF).
While the mod contains the below mods, I rearranged the .dbr structure. This means that you cannot transfer a char from any of the included mastery mods (or Grimarillion) to this one.
In order to have a reasonable chance of finding the unique item you are looking for, despite all the additional uniques, unique items no longer drop directly (except when equipped by a monster / boss). An epic / legendary token is dropped instead, which can be traded for a unique item at specialized blacksmiths. The items to summon these blacksmiths can be bought at the Devil’s Crossing faction vendor.

A rainbow text file can be found here, thanks to Matougi for creating it.

- Included mods
-- This is THE mod. Just look at that list. (be sure to download the Rainbow file as well)

-- If you're using Grim Internals, change your shortcut to " ......Grim Dawn\GrimInternals64.exe" /Mod:"dom" to enable Crucible with DoM. (y)

The latest vast addition to Grim Dawn is upon us!

With v1.1.8.0, we are pleased to introduce all new side areas scattered across the world of Cairn, and with them new challenges and rewards.

As you explore these new locations, you will also stumble upon a new style of Monster Totem, themed after the celestial fiends you may have battled within the Tomb of the Heretic. The power of the hungering darkness, it would seem, can no longer be contained!

As always, you can also look forward to a range of balance changes. For the full list of changes, see below:

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/grim-dawn-version-1-1-8-0/103853/1

-- TOO MANY CHANGES TO POST! New areas, masteries have been reworked to allow for better balance/more viable combinations etc. Check it out!! --

I'm glad to see this game is still alive.
Would love to see Grim Dawn 2, but I doubt this is happening anytime soon.
Looking very much to Diablo 4. I will play the shit out of that game. Path of Exile 2 also looks good, but I'm not a fan of F2P model.
Hopefully Torchlight 3 improves because the reviews on Steam don't look too stellar. Wolcen I enjoyed quite a bit but I must admit the game lacks endgame content.
I bought Last Epoch a few days ago, I can recommend that game to those who want a good ARPG but have played all the others. It's still in EA but has tons of content.

I was just thinking I should start a new GD character... Ha. Might try this mod out. Thanks!

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/grim-dawn-version-1-1-8-1-hotfix-1/104543/1

V1.1.8.1 Hotfix 1

[Crucible]
  • Increased % Health bonus for pets granted by Empyrion’s Guidance to 120%
  • Increased % Damage Modified bonus for pets granted by Might of Amatok to 16%
  • Increased % Offensive and % Defensive Ability bonuses for pets granted by Ulzuin’s Pact to 4%
[Animation]
  • Fixed an issue where the Leap attack animation could not be interrupted as early as other weapon combinations when dual wielding melee weapons.
[Tech]
  • Fixed an issue where the game would freeze when getting frozen (heh…) by enemies with the character sheet open.
[Game]
  • Fixed an issue where Monster Totems could generate loot of higher level than the monsters it spawned.
[Itemization]
  • Fixed an issue where Common and Rare helms could drop without a prefix below level 70, for real this time.
  • Fixed an issue where Enchanted Shoulders could not be crafted on characters below level 3
  • Component - Silvercore Bolts: added 100% Increased Armor Piercing
  • Faction - Bloodborer: increased % Armor Piercing to 100%, damage adjusted accordingly
  • Faction - Wrathguard: added 8% Physical Resist
  • Monster Infrequent - Sunherald’s Claymore: increased Fire damage modifier for Blast Shield to 120 and added 44 Fire damage modifier for Menhir’s Bulwark. Reduced Cooldown on the skill proc on higher level versions.
  • Rare Affix - Frostborn: increased Cooldown on the skill proc
  • Epic - Mythical version of the Carnage set has been added to the Forgotten Gods loot pool
Legendary Items
  • Death’s Reach: replaced bonus to Devouring Swarm with +2 to Shaman Skills
  • Ludrigan’s Sidearm: added 1-22 Lightning damage
  • Mythical Circlet of the Great Serpent: removed Cooldown Reduction modifier for Summon Blight Fiend and increased its Acid damage modifier to 45
  • Mythical Death’s Reach: replaced bonus to Devouring Swarm with +2 to Shaman Skills. Increased Duration modifiers for Bloody Pox and Devouring Swarm to +6s.
  • Mythical Dreadscorcher: increased % Weapon damage modifier for Fire Strike to 33%
  • Mythical Empyrion’s Mercy: added 4-32 lightning damage modifier for Eye of Reckoning
  • Mythical Essence of the Grim Dawn: reverted Chaos damage modifier change for Albrecht’s Aether Ray from v1.1.8.0
  • Mythical Evoker of Elgoloth: increased % Weapon damage modifier for Savagery to 33% and increased bonus to Storm Spread to +3
  • Mythical Gildor’s Pulverizer: increased Pierce damage modifier for Grenado to 450
  • Mythical Hagarradian Enforcer: increased % Attack Speed to 20% and reduced Cooldown on the skill proc to 0.5s
  • Mythical Oathbearer: increased Pierce damage to 25
  • Mythical Rotdrinker Crest: added -4s Cooldown modifier for Summon Blight Fiend
  • Phasebreaker: increased Elemental damage to 17
  • Rotgheist Set: increased % Health to 14% and % Vitality Decay Duration to 150%. Added 10% Attack damage Converted to Health modifier for Primal Strike from the Mask.
  • Rotgheist Chestguard: moved Vitality damage to the Emblem, replaced Health with 3% Defensive Ability
  • Rotgheist Emblem: replaced Vitality Decay Duration with Vitality damage from the Chestguard
  • Rotgheist Mask: moved % Attack damage Converted to Health modifier for Primal Strike to the set bonus
  • Rotgheist Shoulderguard: replaced Health with 24% Stun Resist
  • The Cyclone Set: reduced Lightning damage modifier for Eye of Reckoning to 1-80
  • Cyclone Mask: increased Lightning damage modifier for Eye of Reckoning to 1-72 and increased its Fire damage modifier to 16
  • The Spellscourge Set: replaced % Weapon damage modifier for Devastation with 60 Physical damage and 3% Attack damage converted to Health modifiers
[Class & Skills]

Soldier
  • Zolhan’s Technique: increased Attack Arc to 180 and Animation Speed by 18% when used with melee weapons. Number of Targets now scales with rank to 5 by rank 12, 7 by max ultimate rank. Increased Internal Trauma scaling with rank and increased its duration to 5s, but reduced its base damage. Now strikes with both weapons when dual wielding melee weapons.
Occultist
  • Summon Hellhound: increased damage scaling with rank, particularly at ultimate ranks
  • Hellfire: added Fire damage
Arcanist
  • Tainted Power: reverted % Damage Modifier change from v1.1.8.0
Necromancer
  • Soul Harvest: increased Vitality damage for pets scaling at ultimate ranks
  • Will of the Crypt: increased Vitality damage scaling with rank at ranks 9+

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/grim-dawn-version-1-1-8-1-hotfix-1/104543/1

V1.1.8.1 Hotfix 1

[Crucible]
  • Increased % Health bonus for pets granted by Empyrion’s Guidance to 120%
  • Increased % Damage Modified bonus for pets granted by Might of Amatok to 16%
  • Increased % Offensive and % Defensive Ability bonuses for pets granted by Ulzuin’s Pact to 4%
[Animation]
  • Fixed an issue where the Leap attack animation could not be interrupted as early as other weapon combinations when dual wielding melee weapons.
[Tech]
  • Fixed an issue where the game would freeze when getting frozen (heh…) by enemies with the character sheet open.
[Game]
  • Fixed an issue where Monster Totems could generate loot of higher level than the monsters it spawned.
[Itemization]
  • Fixed an issue where Common and Rare helms could drop without a prefix below level 70, for real this time.
  • Fixed an issue where Enchanted Shoulders could not be crafted on characters below level 3
  • Component - Silvercore Bolts: added 100% Increased Armor Piercing
  • Faction - Bloodborer: increased % Armor Piercing to 100%, damage adjusted accordingly
  • Faction - Wrathguard: added 8% Physical Resist
  • Monster Infrequent - Sunherald’s Claymore: increased Fire damage modifier for Blast Shield to 120 and added 44 Fire damage modifier for Menhir’s Bulwark. Reduced Cooldown on the skill proc on higher level versions.
  • Rare Affix - Frostborn: increased Cooldown on the skill proc
  • Epic - Mythical version of the Carnage set has been added to the Forgotten Gods loot pool
Legendary Items
  • Death’s Reach: replaced bonus to Devouring Swarm with +2 to Shaman Skills
  • Ludrigan’s Sidearm: added 1-22 Lightning damage
  • Mythical Circlet of the Great Serpent: removed Cooldown Reduction modifier for Summon Blight Fiend and increased its Acid damage modifier to 45
  • Mythical Death’s Reach: replaced bonus to Devouring Swarm with +2 to Shaman Skills. Increased Duration modifiers for Bloody Pox and Devouring Swarm to +6s.
  • Mythical Dreadscorcher: increased % Weapon damage modifier for Fire Strike to 33%
  • Mythical Empyrion’s Mercy: added 4-32 lightning damage modifier for Eye of Reckoning
  • Mythical Essence of the Grim Dawn: reverted Chaos damage modifier change for Albrecht’s Aether Ray from v1.1.8.0
  • Mythical Evoker of Elgoloth: increased % Weapon damage modifier for Savagery to 33% and increased bonus to Storm Spread to +3
  • Mythical Gildor’s Pulverizer: increased Pierce damage modifier for Grenado to 450
  • Mythical Hagarradian Enforcer: increased % Attack Speed to 20% and reduced Cooldown on the skill proc to 0.5s
  • Mythical Oathbearer: increased Pierce damage to 25
  • Mythical Rotdrinker Crest: added -4s Cooldown modifier for Summon Blight Fiend
  • Phasebreaker: increased Elemental damage to 17
  • Rotgheist Set: increased % Health to 14% and % Vitality Decay Duration to 150%. Added 10% Attack damage Converted to Health modifier for Primal Strike from the Mask.
  • Rotgheist Chestguard: moved Vitality damage to the Emblem, replaced Health with 3% Defensive Ability
  • Rotgheist Emblem: replaced Vitality Decay Duration with Vitality damage from the Chestguard
  • Rotgheist Mask: moved % Attack damage Converted to Health modifier for Primal Strike to the set bonus
  • Rotgheist Shoulderguard: replaced Health with 24% Stun Resist
  • The Cyclone Set: reduced Lightning damage modifier for Eye of Reckoning to 1-80
  • Cyclone Mask: increased Lightning damage modifier for Eye of Reckoning to 1-72 and increased its Fire damage modifier to 16
  • The Spellscourge Set: replaced % Weapon damage modifier for Devastation with 60 Physical damage and 3% Attack damage converted to Health modifiers
[Class & Skills]

Soldier
  • Zolhan’s Technique: increased Attack Arc to 180 and Animation Speed by 18% when used with melee weapons. Number of Targets now scales with rank to 5 by rank 12, 7 by max ultimate rank. Increased Internal Trauma scaling with rank and increased its duration to 5s, but reduced its base damage. Now strikes with both weapons when dual wielding melee weapons.
Occultist
  • Summon Hellhound: increased damage scaling with rank, particularly at ultimate ranks
  • Hellfire: added Fire damage
Arcanist
  • Tainted Power: reverted % Damage Modifier change from v1.1.8.0
Necromancer
  • Soul Harvest: increased Vitality damage for pets scaling at ultimate ranks
  • Will of the Crypt: increased Vitality damage scaling with rank at ranks 9+
Thanks for keeping us updated man!

.. v1.1.8.1 Essential Mod Links ..

Rainbow Item Filter - displays different colors in item descriptions based on damage type
https://github.com/WareBare/WanezGD_Tools/releases/download/v0.5.4/fullRainbow-1.1.8.0.zip (there was no need for a 1.1.8.1 release)

Grim UI X-Mod - greatly expanded inventory/stash
https://app.box.com/shared/static/n8u7wc6lswbt2vd356vg94oish9dk5li.zip

Grim Internals - this displays all sorts of useful additional info while in-game, (DPS, buff/debuff/potion cooldown-timers etc.)
https://mega.nz/file/QclQERAR#UrxSncOfXOqKnOltDL9JVwpEbM7Ct1j-D7YZuHm2yw4

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dawn of Masteries - (so many additional classes, expanded inventory, and all the other well-known great mods.... This one's basically the 'go-to' GD mod)
https://www.moddb.com/mods/dawn-of-masteries/downloads/dom-v098
Included mods:
Dawn of Masteries Rainbow Item Filter - (Obviously you'll want this; to pair with the above mod)
https://forums.crateentertainment.com/uploads/short-url/hyzDSFOADb8rWeaZG3zXf9PbSuC.zip

^^ If you just download these last two mods alone, you'll be in for a helluva treat ^^

.. v1.1.8.1 Essential Mod Links ..

Rainbow Item Filter - displays different colors in item descriptions based on damage type
https://github.com/WareBare/WanezGD_Tools/releases/download/v0.5.4/fullRainbow-1.1.8.0.zip (there was no need for a 1.1.8.1 release)

Grim UI X-Mod - greatly expanded inventory/stash
https://app.box.com/shared/static/n8u7wc6lswbt2vd356vg94oish9dk5li.zip

Grim Internals - this displays all sorts of useful additional info while in-game, (DPS, buff/debuff/potion cooldown-timers etc.)
https://mega.nz/file/QclQERAR#UrxSncOfXOqKnOltDL9JVwpEbM7Ct1j-D7YZuHm2yw4

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dawn of Masteries - (so many additional classes, expanded inventory, and all the other well-known great mods.... This one's basically the 'go-to' GD mod)
https://www.moddb.com/mods/dawn-of-masteries/downloads/dom-v098
Included mods:
Dawn of Masteries Rainbow Item Filter - (Obviously you'll want this; to pair with the above mod)
https://forums.crateentertainment.com/uploads/short-url/hyzDSFOADb8rWeaZG3zXf9PbSuC.zip

^^ If you just download these last two mods alone, you'll be in for a helluva treat ^^
Thanks! I've been thinking about jumping back in for a while now.

Back