Grim Dawn Alpha starts tomorrow

Man what a beauty this game is.. I picked it up again recently and really enjoying it. The creepy atmosphere is so well done, combat is fun, and the loot is great. Everything is really polished.

This game needs a sequel or a really big DLC map wise

Expansion pack should be released in the next 2 months ;)

attachment.php

I finished the game tonight. Yes we need DLC asap. I still have a few quests to finish up though.

I feel bad. I was one of the biggest TQ fans years ago. Played that game to death. It was the Diablo many had been waiting for and hadn't received. Then Diablo came out and it was initially underwhelming. Grim Dawn was still in development and I had purchased one of the preorder packages 6 years or so ago. I've played since maybe only a few hours as I really enjoy Diablo now but I feel this game lived up to what it was intended and for such a small dev team working on the side, really stands up to some of the biggest name ARPGs out there. May fire it up over the weekend.

I've played since maybe only a few hours as I really enjoy Diablo now but I feel this game lived up to what it was intended and for such a small dev team working on the side, really stands up to some of the biggest name ARPGs out there. May fire it up over the weekend.

I'm in the exact same boat. Grim Dawn's been sitting in my Steam backlog with a few hours of (enjoyable) gametime, but Diablo 3's seasons really are addicting. It's starting to wind down now, though, so GD is next on my list.

I have finished Grim Dawn a while ago and leveled one char to end game status (I can't remember if it got to level 100, but I certainly finished the campaign completely with her), and at the time I played a char had a perfect mix between AoE, Single Target and Survivability (Vitality based Occult/Shaman, basically using Storm Totem with Vitality damage conversion, Sigil of Consumption and Wendigo Totem, with Curse of Fraility and Locust Swarm as my main debuffs, and until about a couple of patches ago, the only thing I couldn't handle was the joke quest that you had to kill the "The Really Final Form of Captain whats-his-name"). I haven't really touched the game since, although I did manage to get a few BiS pieces for the build.

I haven't gone back to it because it suffered the same problem as PoE before the Fall of Oriath, same acts x3 got old.

Right now I am playing Van Helsing Final Cut, which took out the multiple difficulties and gave us 11 chapters with a selectable difficulty setting, very similar to what D3 has done, and I can see myself playing more classes in that game. Grim Dawn, I have tried but failed :(.

That is not to say I don't like the game though, I loved every bit of it, and my main problems with it were just some performance issues, which I think they corrected (mainly to do with the Shadows in the last town).

I would not hesitate to buy the DLC.

Release date for Ashes of Malmouth is officially October 11th!

I had this game on my list for quite awhile and only really played it for the first time a couple of months ago. Got a few characters into the 40'-50's just trying stuff out and the game is really fun with an awesome atmosphere, but POE 3.0 hooked me again and I got distracted. I think I'll be diving back in with this expansion.

Tomorrow! And if you don't get the expansion for some odd reason. Base game also gets an update.

[Major New Features]
  • The game engine has received a major overhaul to its renderer, allowing the game to run on DirectX11. While results will vary from system to system, this will generally result in improved performance.

Perfect timing. Got bored with the recent Diablo 3 season, just reinstalled Grim Dawn this morning. It seems like a normal cycle for me.

It's not listed with the original game I suppose for exposure this will sell like crazy. My experince with the game even with playing with Randoms was pretty enjoyable but I like top down RPGs even Action RPGs that are not too floaty they have some guy from Diablo 2 working on the game I think I'm sure he's adding tons of cool stuff. When I started playing this game on a 1440P screen I couldn't believe how the detail just got that much sharper. I do miss some of the spells and made them kid friendly like took the Skulls out of the Swarm spell later on with my shaman summoner.

Exciting news. The game was too demanding for my rig and I had to run it on low. Curious how it'll handle now!

Titan Quest gave me eye cancer on my old CRT screen I couldn't play for a hour or more. I never even got past the 1st Act...

you mean way back when? you should replay the new version, they made a ton of fixes to it.

DLC is post Loghorrean the final boss so you need to finish up to ACT 4 Boss to access the DLC I thought I seen a walkthough on youtube but can't find it now. I guess in 4 hours the DLC will launch.....

Grim Dawn fans are going nuts because it's not listed on the Steam Store =)
Point and Click ADD I personally would like to wait for a review of the game not because of the price it's just the vanilla game is good but after a while it pretty mundane.

Well I spoke too soon it's up now.....I see the new area in in the middle of the world map on top.

Well I'm all aboard the Grim Dawn train - having a blast so far with a buddy in co-op playing the new DLC.

This game seems absurdly underpriced.

Well, sorry Chockomonkey, but the DX11 client makes performance much worse.

For those who are interested, add ""/d3d9" to your launch options to go back to DX9.

(Don't worry, you can still enable ambient occlusion etc)

I'm stuck I have the DLC installed but can't figure out where the aethereal barrier is in Burwitch Estates the DLC seems installed is it underground I searched everywhere all the streams online are starting from scratch just to get the Necromacer.

I'm going to reinstall since it shows the old Grim Dawn loading screen at character select. People are saying on the steam forums that the game isn't installing properly.

Yeah my game is either messed up verfily game files now and it's downloading something else.
I have a blockage of burning carts instead of what the video above shows as the path so I can't use the pennant to access the new area.
I've been playing around with this for 4 hours or more I wonder if my game saves are just old. It doesn't show the loading screens for the DLC as well so I'm kinda wondering what is going on because their are events in the game at Devil's crossing no way in hell am I going to start over. I would get a refund before then....

Yeah my game is either messed up verfily game files now and it's downloading something else.
I have a blockage of burning carts instead of what the video above shows as the path so I can't use the pennant to access the new area.
I've been playing around with this for 4 hours or more I wonder if my game saves are just old. It doesn't show the loading screens for the DLC as well so I'm kinda wondering what is going on because their are events in the game at Devil's crossing no way in hell am I going to start over. I would get a refund before then....

Post in the Bug Report section of the Grim Dawn forums if you continue to have this issue!

The dev's are replying like crazy at the moment so they might be able to offer a solution.

Have you tried running Repair.exe? (in the GD directory)

I'll see what happens after the patch that is downloading after the verify which is 2.1 gigs even though it said the game and DLC was installed.

I think it's working now loading music changed along with the Character select screen it's working.

20171011182639_1.jpg

Da lewt......

People are complaing about performance but I don't have any issues I think they ramped up the graphics a bit in the new areas a bit.

Oh yessssssss.... playing now. Seems to be working smoothly so far.

so how does the DLC work with the current game? Is it just a different game completely, or does it extend the first? Do you use old characters?

I'll get this once I get through the backlog of games I currently have (working my way through FF9 and VA-11 HALL-A), and possibly wait and see if Grim Dawn gets the GoG Connect feature.

I was excited to see Torchlight 2 get discounted yesterday so I went and bought it on GoG, but immediately after I bought it I noticed that TL1 and 2 were recently added to GoG connect LOL...

Still, was only $5, not gonna miss it, and given the service that is GoG Connect, I think the $5 'mistake' isn't a big deal.

This caught my eye on the Steam forums:

"Both will run with either DX11 or DX9. The game initially checks for DX11 support and then downgrades to DX9 if it is unavailable. For the users experiencing issues with the DX11 renderer, adding /d3d9 to the launch options forces the game back to DX9."

- This was posted by the developer Rhis

It's nice to know that DX9 is still officially supported and it's not just a cheap "work-a-around".

Thank God for that option while the dev's work out the kinks with DX11.

If I wasn't able to revert to DX9 and thus forced to deal with sporadic fps, I'd be a saddddd panda.

Anyone care to share their "things I wish I knew before I started" tips?

I just classed into Inquisitor for a dual wielding gunslinger build, and the skill tree is dizzying. And then I find out there's dual-classing. And then I find out there's this whole additional subset of stat modifiers on the Devotion screen.

Can you say "analysis paralysis" and "decision fatigue"?

Last edited:

I just classed into Inquisitor for a dual wielding gunslinger build, and the skill tree is dizzying. And then i find out theres dual-classing. And then i find out theres this whole additional subset of stat modifiers on the Devotion page.

LOL I had the same issue when I started. My first couple builds were trash.

I just speed as shaman and Because I liked the Shamans swarm spell and pet actually. I wish I chose occultist along with my Shaman build.

I just classed into Inquisitor for a dual wielding gunslinger build, and the skill tree is dizzying. And then i find out theres dual-classing. And then i find out theres this whole additional subset of stat modifiers on the Devotion page.

LOL

That's why some people have 1000's of hours clocked on this game....

Back