GRID 2.

About

fucking

time

edit: Hopefully the driving rules / physics are as assholish as ever because that's partially why they were so fun. I drove like a fucking psychopath because there was literally no penalty for playing dirty... unless you managed to total yourself in the process, that is.

Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoEX9Q9flh4

Last edited:
all i want is the destruction derby shit.. as long as thats in the game we are golden.

8-8-12...is this announcement date or release date?

Hmmm...either way I'm excited! GRiD was the shit and to this day one of the only street car racing games with nice ass graphics (looking at you SimBin games...).

I guess Shift 2 is pretty damn good too...but I need a 2nd GRiD!

edit: Hopefully the driving rules / physics are as assholish as ever because that's partially why they were so fun. I drove like a fucking psychopath because there was literally no penalty for playing dirty... unless you managed to total yourself in the process, that is.

This is why I liked Fuel despite the poor reviews; playing in Legendary mode, the AI would cheat horribly, sometimes allowing AI cars to suddenly break the sound barrier for awhile. It was necessary to cheat horribly in return - and the game was set up to allow you to do just that, both in vehicle choice and in taking ridiculous shortcuts. Don't want to do a bunch of hairpin turns down a hill in a car? Just bounce straight down with a motorcycle instead!

So many hours sunk into this game...would love to see a second.
I liked the mix of arcade physics but some penalties for being a complete dumbass.

I should reinstall the original. I don't think I ever played all the way through the story/campaign mode. Got close, then upgraded my machine and forgot to snag the save files before I reinstalled Windows. Oops!

I'd be down for a 2nd, but I think with my current Steam backlog, I can probably wait til it's $5 again...

The potential downside of Grid 2 could be the massive amounts of DLC it might have, if Dirt 3 is any indication.

i have faith in GRID. It was one of those rare racing games who had enough of reality vs fun.

Im looking forward to it.

With Project C.A.R.S coming out and looking spectacular I'd be curious to see if Codemasters decides to keep the same engine or finally cook up something different.

The potential downside of Grid 2 could be the massive amounts of DLC it might have, if Dirt 3 is any indication.

Perhaps DLC for the consoles but the pc version of Grid never got shit.

With Project C.A.R.S coming out and looking spectacular I'd be curious to see if Codemasters decides to keep the same engine or finally cook up something different.

I think they'll stick with their current EGO engine. iirc I was pretty impressed with the night tracks in Japan.

8-8-12...is this announcement date or release date?

This seems to be another one of those announcement of an announcement.

Well anyways I hope that they just pile on what they have served up before. I also hope to god that they keep LAN multiplayer.

It wouldnt suprise me if a cockpit view were offered as a day 1 dlc. Of course though there will not be any dlc for the pc only consoles, just like in the first game.

God forbid developers actually let gamers play how they want.

"Play OUR game (it's not YOUR game) how WE want you to play it or fuck off!"

No cockpit view is a deal breaker for me. If I wanted to go play arcady racers I have hundreds of different options.

"We can use the extra available memory to make the on-track racing a truly mind-blowingly immersive experience."

Fucking consoles... I've got plenty of memory. This is a deal-breaker for me.

More like "we can use the extra available development time to make Day One DLC and create a wallet-blowingly great launch period income stream".

More like "we can use the extra available development time to make Day One DLC and create a wallet-blowingly great launch period income stream".

Why would they bother making it DLC? If they're going to go to the trouble of creating all the vehicles interiors, they'd just put it in the game, not making an extra $5 or $10 off the 5 percent they think care. Either way, if it's not included with the game, I'm not buying it.

Why would they bother making it DLC? If they're going to go to the trouble of creating all the vehicles interiors, they'd just put it in the game, not making an extra $5 or $10 off the 5 percent they think care. Either way, if it's not included with the game, I'm not buying it.

I was thinking more along the lines of "extra" tracks and cars as Day One DLC than the cockpit view.

No cockpit view doesn't bother me. I never drive in that perspective anyways.

GRID - Perfect
DIRT2 - Good
F1 2011 - Shit
DIRT3 - Ok
F1 2012 - Same shit
DIRT Showdown - Awful Kidz game.

GRID2 better get back to its roots and not go for the kiddy market.

I'm fearing the worst...

It wouldnt suprise me if a cockpit view were offered as a day 1 dlc. Of course though there will not be any dlc for the pc only consoles, just like in the first game.

lol that would be funny if it was but doubt it and yeah i don't remember there being any DLC for the PC version but there was for consoles.. meh.

No cockpit view is a dealbreaker for me. I never tried the view before a few years ago, but once you force yourself to use it after a little while there is no other way to play racing games.

So long Codemasters, it was fun. Time to move on to COMPLETE racing games

all i want is the destruction derby shit.. as long as thats in the game we are golden.

This.

Grid is one of my favorite racers of all time. I played the crap out of it. I hope there are more Destruction Derby tracks

Back