Crashy

n00b
I've just bought Corsair LPX 3000mhz 2x8gb RAM and now I am occasionally experiencing gray screen while playing games.First screen freezes then gray screen appears but I can still run ctrl+alt+delete but if I try to run task manager gray screen appears again, I can't minimize or do anything similiar.
SPECS:
Ryzen 1600
Rx 480
Thermaltake 550W
B350 prime plus mb

Everything is stock, I didn't mess with anything in BIOS, though I updated my BIOS to newest version (I doubt that could be problem) . Should increasing voltage or changing timings solve this issue ?

Last edited:
have you tried to run any sort of stability testing? I can tell you when I was using ddr 3200 memory on my asrock x370 board it would boot in to windows fine but it would randomly crash the games. I ran Aida 64 and within 5 minutes it failed stability testing. Also i assume you are actually running at 2933 and most likely 1.35v correct? What are the timings you are running

have you tried to run any sort of stability testing? I can tell you when I was using ddr 3200 memory on my asrock x370 board it would boot in to windows fine but it would randomly crash the games. I ran Aida 64 and within 5 minutes it failed stability testing. Also i assume you are actually running at 2933 and most likely 1.35v correct? What are the timings you are running

I lowered my clock speed to 2400mhz and I haven't experienced any crashes yet, so I am hoping this will work because I can't see any difference in performance, at least not in the games I play. I would tell you what are the timings I am running, but first of all I would have to check it first because I overclocked my RAM with D.O.C.P and second of all I am not sure it would help even if I told you what the timings are because I am not really into those timings ( I am not sure which should be lower, which higher etc, so I am not able to change 'em correctly ), but if I experience any crashes I will let you know.

Can you tell me which exactly timings are important because there are tons of them in my bios?

I will tell you few of them which I find important:

DRAM CAS Latency 15
tdrsdrd 17
DRAM CAS PRE Time 17
DRAN CAS ACT Time 35

Back