GreedFall

Every single piece of footage I've seen on this game seems to be from the PS4 version. I hope the PC version isn't a mess. I don't even care if its "just" a port, I just don't want it to be a sloppy afterthought.

This game looks like an amalgamation of like a hundred other games. But so far I saw nothing original that could be the game's trademark. So far it's telling me this: Look how many games we copied and borrowed ideas from!

This game looks like an amalgamation of like a hundred other games. But so far I saw nothing original that could be the game's trademark. So far it's telling me this: Look how many games we copied and borrowed ideas from!
Much like any other entertainment. Movies, music, books..... Etc. We are not in a renaissance period.

Dark ages more like it.....

I'm going to wait for reviews but this definitely has potential...doesn't matter to me if they copied other good games, as long as it works...the setting does look unique

Much like any other entertainment. Movies, music, books..... Etc. We are not in a renaissance period.

Dark ages more like it.....
It's not really that, even if games are of the same type and gameplay have their own tone somehow. When I look at this I see skyrim fonts and DA:I customization and combat.

Greenman had it for sale with a little discount for pre-order. What the heck, I'm in.

This chick compares it to Biowares Dragon Age. So the game probably has that loosely tied feel to it.

If it's anywhere close to the old school Dragon Age RPGs I'll be happy.

I had played mars: war logs, decent enough, but I never finished it. The technomancer, I bought that some time ago, but never installed it. It has some decent reviews but maybe was not great. Installing it now.

If it's anywhere close to the old school Dragon Age RPGs I'll be happy.

there's definitely an old school RPG feel to this game which is what has me excited for its potential...the developers have stated that the game is 30-45 hours long with 4 endings based on player choice/exploration/side quests/relationships

Haven't heard of this game until tonight but after looking st a bunch of videos im very curious. I'm going to wait until release and snap up whatever versions looks stable.

I'm not expecting miracles but this might be what the doctor ordered. This has my attention.

Greedfall early impressions PS4 Pro

someone was able to unlock the game early and posted their early impressions...

www.reddit.com/r/greedfall/comments/cwphxv/greedfall_early_impressions_ps4_pro/

Customization

• When you first start you will enter a character development screen, here you have 3 paths of skills to choose from, and the skill tree is open so you can mix and match as you please.

• Warrior Path, Trap/Tools Path, Magic Path Every level up you can spend a point on the tree, mix of passives and combat skills.

• Every 3 levels you can get attribute points, these are spent on stats such as Endurance, Strength, Willpower, Accuracy Etc.

• Every 4 levels you get a talent point, these are spent on things such as, Charisma (cheaper prices and more dialogue options) Lockpicking, Craftsmanship (crafting) Vigor (opens up new pathways and recover health outside combat).

• You can respec later with use of a resource

• You can equip 2 Melee weapons at once, and a firearm. Chest, Back, Arms, Legs, Head, Accessory and Feet armor slots.

• goes without saying but tons of quests and side quests, this game is massive. Ive seen and done almost nothing in scope of the entire game.

• happy with the map and marker system, nothing unique but just clear and concise and easy to understand/navigate.

• companion system that so far seems kinda like fallout companions. you can have recruit companions and they will follow you around and you can alter their equipment as well. they all have different focuses and strengths etc.
Gameplay
  • game runs really smooth, haven't experienced frame drops yet.

• running around the character model feels a little light, but in general not really that noticeable.

• my biggest enjoyment, the tactical pause. this is implemented very similarly to dragon age inquisitions tactical pause, and will pause in the middle of combat and you can navigate small menus to access your magic spells, potions, techniques, and review the controls. this helps immensely in combat as this is not an easy game. On normal it is a challenge so the tactical pause is useful and cool to see used in a game like this.

• combat controls are good and fluid, expect to have to dodge and parry alot.

• some enemies you have to break armor with heavier weapons in order to damage them with lighter weapons/attacks.

• magic spells ignore armor.

• one control complaint is that the same button used to run (hold X on ps4) is used to initiate looting, and then square is used to take everything. just a little more awkward than I'd like.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Greedfall early impressions PS4 Pro

someone was able to unlock the game early and posted their early impressions...

www.reddit.com/r/greedfall/comments/cwphxv/greedfall_early_impressions_ps4_pro/

Customization

• When you first start you will enter a character development screen, here you have 3 paths of skills to choose from, and the skill tree is open so you can mix and match as you please.

• Warrior Path, Trap/Tools Path, Magic Path Every level up you can spend a point on the tree, mix of passives and combat skills.

• Every 3 levels you can get attribute points, these are spent on stats such as Endurance, Strength, Willpower, Accuracy Etc.

• Every 4 levels you get a talent point, these are spent on things such as, Charisma (cheaper prices and more dialogue options) Lockpicking, Craftsmanship (crafting) Vigor (opens up new pathways and recover health outside combat).

• You can respec later with use of a resource

• You can equip 2 Melee weapons at once, and a firearm. Chest, Back, Arms, Legs, Head, Accessory and Feet armor slots.

• goes without saying but tons of quests and side quests, this game is massive. Ive seen and done almost nothing in scope of the entire game.

• happy with the map and marker system, nothing unique but just clear and concise and easy to understand/navigate.

• companion system that so far seems kinda like fallout companions. you can have recruit companions and they will follow you around and you can alter their equipment as well. they all have different focuses and strengths etc.
Gameplay
  • game runs really smooth, haven't experienced frame drops yet.

• running around the character model feels a little light, but in general not really that noticeable.

• my biggest enjoyment, the tactical pause. this is implemented very similarly to dragon age inquisitions tactical pause, and will pause in the middle of combat and you can navigate small menus to access your magic spells, potions, techniques, and review the controls. this helps immensely in combat as this is not an easy game. On normal it is a challenge so the tactical pause is useful and cool to see used in a game like this.

• combat controls are good and fluid, expect to have to dodge and parry alot.

• some enemies you have to break armor with heavier weapons in order to damage them with lighter weapons/attacks.

• magic spells ignore armor.

• one control complaint is that the same button used to run (hold X on ps4) is used to initiate looting, and then square is used to take everything. just a little more awkward than I'd like.
Sounds like a first day buy for me. I just hope the PC version is good.

I have been playing through the technomancer. greedfall seems like an expansion of those basic game concepts:

4 Paths, 3 regarding combat, 1 regarding technomancy
similar attribute point system
similar talent point system
3 weapon systems, staff, sword+shied, gun+dagger
similar armor/upgrade system
similar companion system (you can have 2, which may also buff talents)

like this
So far so good, again. As long as they didn't screw the pooch for the PC, I'm going to buy it. I'll be watching those reviews very carefully next Tuesday.

I've been on a bad roll of picking hit games that turn out to be duds like Post Scriptum last year and Wofenstein Youngblood.
If this game goes over big I'll probably pick it up but Borderlands 3 is coming out the same week.

Decent video on the plot of the game think Coming to America to find a cure for the plague. The thing with Colonial outfits were pretty nice vain looking back in the 1700s but they look sooped up like the stuff in Destiny. I never tried technomancer. I like the capes the green one looks nice against the realistic background.

Last edited:
like this
Decent video on the plot of the game think Coming to America to find a cure for the plague. The thing with Colonial outfits were pretty nice vain looking back in the 1700s but they look sooped up like the stuff in Destiny. I never tried technomancer. I like the capes the green one looks nice against the realistic background.

Coming to America?...that's a strange comparison...

Picked up the game finally had to spend my Steam Balance on something since everything has gone to Epic recently figured I'll play it a bit before Borderlands 3 comes out next week.

Might have to get this one for the wife. To play with her and to allow her to play so that I can do other things.

I picked it up. some people were absolutely gushing over the quality of the missions, the voice acting and the game in general. they apparently fixed a lot of the rough edges that were in technomancer.

I went ahead and bit, too. Since Gears 5 is part of that $2 game pass deal, I had some extra $ burning a hole in my pocket.

I picked it up. some people were absolutely gushing over the quality of the missions, the voice acting and the game in general. they apparently fixed a lot of the rough edges that were in technomancer.
I wish they would fix a lot of the rough edges in technomancer. That could be a decent game if it wasn't so damn clunky.

They bumped up the release date a day to the 9th early won't play it until 10th bad to go to the doctor after playing games all night.

Ordered mine via Amazon, so probably won't get it until the 10-11th anyway. Bummer, but maybe I'll get lucky.

I bought on Greenman Gaming and just got my activation codes. Put it into Steam and am pre-loading now. Should be good to go tomorrow.

I bought on Greenman Gaming and just got my activation codes. Put it into Steam and am pre-loading now. Should be good to go tomorrow.

I'm going to be watching this thread to see what you all think. This has some promise.

Yeah I am torn between saying screw it and buying it now and waiting a week or so. What I have seen looks good. But no presale reviews are always discouraging.

Games like this and Remnants: Ashes make me think of The Simpsons:
lIjr9.png

I'm counting on you guys to tell me what's up basically..

- Looks pretty coo overall

Back