Greatest Dos games of all time!

what was the game where you had a red suit and it was game of the year?
I know the red suit is vague but I can't remember the name of it for anything, but it also had cut scene video in game.
I still have that somewhere, it was on cd and the update had instructions on how
to get it to run under win95.

Was it isometric perspective? If so you might be thinking of Crusader: No Remorse...

I loved that game. It was a great game.

Along with all of the ones everyone else has mentioned.

Ninja USA.

and

Crusader. This was such an awesome game.

and

Rise of the Triad. The biggest and most destructive guns I have ever seen. The hand of god anyone?

Master of Orion, Rise of the Triads, C&C original, Duke Nukem, Destruction Derby 1&2, Carmageddon, Flight Unlimited, Mechwarrior 2, Crusader: No Remorse

update: someone mentioned Solar Winds. damn, that's a good one!

update #2: crap...forgot NFS, NFS 2 SE, and 3 were in DOS too!

Damn..

Im trying to remember the name of an old DOS favorite.. (in Vector Graphics) game starts off with a Car Pulling up to a research facility in the rain and a technician getting out and walking in late at night.

He is running some sort of an experiment on a machine and lightning strikes, the guy is then transported to some strange world. It goes to a side scroller and you are first chased by some sort of "black lion" like creature.. and there are all sorts of strange creatures in this weird world..

Any Ideas?

Damn..

Im trying to remember the name of an old DOS favorite.. (in Vector Graphics) game starts off with a Car Pulling up to a research facility in the rain and a technician getting out and walking in late at night.

He is running some sort of an experiment on a machine and lightning strikes, the guy is then transported to some strange world. It goes to a side scroller and you are first chased by some sort of "black lion" like creature.. and there are all sorts of strange creatures in this weird world..

Any Ideas?

Another World (original European title)
Out of this World (US title)

If you liked that one, you should check out Flashback. (Incredible game in a similar style (by the same people))

I spent many an hour playing Gunship, Gunship 2000, X-Com 1 and 2, syndicate and syndicate plus (I still have my disk for syndicate and X-Com 2).
Anyone ever play the epyx sports game series? (Summer games, winter games, ect?) I fondly remember doing cliff diving, skiing, bull riding, ect; in these games among other things.
Master of magic i still have on my Hard Drive since it can be played still as it's turn based. Same with Colonization. (THAT's a game that needs a remake imho)
I loved Rise of the Triad and the Sierra/Lucasarts titles.
Anyone here ever play the old Cinemaware games? (Defender of the crown, The 3 stooges, ect) Don't see many of those type of games out anymore but they were loads of fun at the time.

Heroes Quest (Old Blizzard game, I think the name might have changed)
It was a Sierra game actually. It was renamed to Quest for Glory due to a trademark dispute with Milton Bradley. Very good game.

X-com is by far the best though.

I used to play a game that was set on an ice covered island that supposedly was the one remaining place on earth that was habitable or something like that, but for the life of me i can't remember the name. I think it was Winterfrost or Winterfall like that but not sure.
Was interesting because i seem to remember it was first person and you had vehicles you could use.
Didn't seem to see anything on the net about it...

tiefight.gif

wow so many memories I don't even know where to start

Betrayal at Krondor
Commander Keen
Aces over (location) series
Duke Nukem 1
OMF
Kings Quest
Quest for Glory
Police Quest
Sim Farm (LOL yes I loved that game)
Descent
Doom
Pizza Tycoon
Transport Tycoon
Theme Park
Tyrian
Lords of the Realm (I remember playing games that took multiple days to finish)

That's what I remember off the top of my head I'm sure I'll remember more once I read through the thread. Oddly enough, I never played any of the Ultima series

was anyone else a fan of Earthsiege? that was a pretty damn good game for its time

C&C Red Alert was also prolly the best strategy game for DOS

Dune II - i used to play the heck out of this game

doom and wolfenstein 3d were classics as well

my all time fave was tie fighter.... if I had a dime for every hour I spent on that game.

duke nukem 3d would be a very close second.

Wing Commander
Doom
Syndicate
Crusader
Carmageddon
Quake I and II
Half life I and II

there are soooo many....all gone CRY
now we have great stuff like errrrrrrrr

Back