Great prices on MP3 players - 2GB Ipod Nano rip-off for only ~$45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, guess I won't be ordering one. That's pretty pathetic of Apple if that is indeed what happened.

Wow, guess I won't be ordering one. That's pretty pathetic of Apple if that is indeed what happened.

Yea, thats pretty pathetic of a company to protect its interests....

On a better note, anyone order the fantasia? Looks alot better then the paladin imho.

I was going to order a glacier today, but now im weary because of the recent "site takedowns" :(

Why? the take downs were for blatant design copies of the ipod, all their other products are still on the site. I am surprised apple was able to exert this pressure on a Chinese site, but that was the cause most likely

So if they cant sell ipod knock-offs then the 4gig versions r gone also Y or N? I havnt been able to find a link.

One question ? Would the glacier work well for running.
It's a serious question I want an MP3 Player bad.
But one thats great and doesnt hurt the pocketbook.
Mainly though, i want to use it for long walks w/ the woman
and early morning runs.

So if they cant sell ipod knock-offs then the 4gig versions r gone also Y or N? I havnt been able to find a link.

If it looks like an ipod it is gone.

Sounds like the fake ipods weren't the greatest anyways. How is the menu speed on the Glacier?

That i couldnt answer for you. I have 2 UX-Pal and 4 UX-Os models and they rock. Only thing i hate about the UX-Os model is the headphone jack its 2.5 mm. The Speaker on the UX-Pal can be heard 20 feet down the hallway at my work (i work at a hospital):eek: . Im always jamming some techno / Rap / Hard Rock. Its funny to see people look wheres the music coming from:p .

I got one of the 2GB silver "Chipod" 1.8" screen ones a few weeks ago and I love this thing.

I customized a $1 Store silicone Nano case to fit (display is larger and the controls are lower) and slid it in a $1 Store leather case for an Ipod Mini and it works perfect.

Takes about 1 hour for a full charge, lasts about 5 hours constant use when playing mp3's or radio.

The fact that it can recored the FM radio is great when I want to listen to the morning shows and have meetings to go to. Recording does use up the batter quite fast, get about 1.5 hours recorded and the battery is low. The USB cord it comes with my be short but its the same type that my Logitech remote uses and that cord is about 4 feet long.

I did notice if you plug the player in to the USB port or into the wall adapter, you can use it like its on direct power, wont drain the battery, charges up while you use it, great when using the recording function.

The menu may be slow, but for all the extra's it has I really like it.

Glacier should be fine for running since it's flash memory.

If it reboots, then you have one with a loose battery compartment and you need to shim it with a thin piece of plastic like I did. (Pringles can lid. Cut a thin piece and 'viola' you have it.)

Thanks for the comment about the glacier and running. One more question is there any secure way to put it on your "person" if your running aka strap etc. I plan on doing it alot this summer and really onlly want to buy one mp3 player for myself and one for the gf.

Too late just bit on two , 2 gb glaciers. One black for me, one white for the gf.

If this first shipment goes well i'll get one for the brothers b-day in april

If you still want a FMP - I believe Uxcell still sells the ipod knock offs (FMPs) on fleabay... dont want to post their ebay ID - dont want them getting shut down selling them there either, but if you're on here you're probably smart enough to find them if you want to.

Now I'm glad I ordered 3 FMP (Pink 1.8, Black 1.8 and Silver 1.5)!

edit,

Just got the Pink one and the Silver one, alot snappier then the Glacier.

Ok, I bought a BL-5C battery for my glacier and of course it doesn't fit.

But this is [H]ardOCP right?

The battery is too thick for the normal back. The battery will FIT in the same space, and even charge and run the glacier just fine and dandy, however the back wouldn't quite fit.

Oddly enough, with ALOT of forcing it's possible to jam the battery cover back on, but there would be a bulge at the top of the compartment, and flushness at the bottom end.

Enter "Ze Knife". I decided to cut one of the tabs on the front side of the battery compartment and now it slides on, but there's still that bulge. But it's nice and snug and not popping off.

So since I'm going to make a case for the Glacier anyway, I deem my BL-5C ghetto mod a success.

The BL-4c is a 720 mAh and the BL-5c is an 850 mAh. I haven't been able to find a comparison chart for the two battery models. Nokia's website lists the batteries as 760 and 900 milliamp hours btw.

I picked up a 4gig glacier today. I'll let you know if it bunk or not

I picked up a 4gig glacier today. I'll let you know if it bunk or not

Figures, now they come out with the 4GB about a month after I bought the 2GB Glacier. :mad:

Oh well, the 2GB Glacier is still going strong. Let us know how the 4GB turns out.

anybody hear anything about the black hawk... or any of these with gaming capabilities?

also, the new glacier looks all the more tempting now that it's 4gbs....

i got a 2gb one. I dont need it anymore cuz just got a ipod video for birthday. Let me know if any of you guys want to buy it. It comes with a green case. 40 shipped.

Has anyone tried installing a CF drive of a larger size into a Glacier? If it can be physically installed and the firmware can actually use all 8gb, I might buy a 1gb and an 8GB CF card and mod it.

I already purchased two 2GB Chinapods 1.5' from ebay hongkong sellers for ~35$ each incl shipping. For that price they are nice, only minus is default earphones and accu time.
These with 9.0.x firmware are pretty nice.

I already purchased two 2GB Chinapods 1.5' from ebay hongkong sellers for ~35$ each incl shipping. For that price they are nice, only minus is default earphones and accu time.
These with 9.0.x firmware are pretty nice.

Are you referring to the 1.5inch nano clone? If so, where do you get the firmware you're talking about, and what changes does it have?

There are two versions of mp4 players, with 3.5.x firmware and 9.0.x. These have different CPU's, different components inside. Old players can't be flashed with 9.0.x firmware.

Has anyone tried installing a CF drive of a larger size into a Glacier? If it can be physically installed and the firmware can actually use all 8gb, I might buy a 1gb and an 8GB CF card and mod it.

Haven't tried it.

But i will say it's certainly easy enough to take the sucker apart. 2 Screws hold it together.

Does anyone have pictures of a disassembled glacier? The closest I've seen is just with the battery cover taken off...

Not completely disassembled. The outer shell comes off easily as I said, then under the battery compartment there's a thin strip of film/plastic that i think would have to be damaged to remove.

well if someone wants to attempt this it'd be great! Get a $30-$40 1GB glacier and install a $50 8gb memory chip in there... it'd be nice!

Ok, just finished completely taking mine apart. Unless there's a mystery part beneath the glass of the screen, that 8gb CF card won't be fitting in this baby.

There's a chip soldered onto the MB that says 2048GB (little white sticker.)

So is the video playback at least acceptable on the Glacier? I already have decent simple 2GB SD MP3 Player but the video playback is really tempting of a feature especially for that price.

Has anyone tried the digital cameras? The only one I actually care about is the one that claims to be 12 MP. For $130 thats not bad but if its sounds too good to be true.....

Well I ordered a Glacier today, get my wife off my back about her needing an mp3 player, pregnant women, sheesh they can be annoying.

Does anyone have an real good pictures of the Glacier?

I thought I had seen some somewhere, but lost the link. I would also like some pix of those metallic looking ones if anyone has any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back