Grave Call Buries its Players

Discussion in '[H]ard|OCP Front Page News' started by Kyle_Bennett, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Kyle_Bennett

Kyle_Bennett El Chingón Staff Member

I am just saying right now that being trapped in a coffin and only having a cellphone at my disposal does not sound like a lot of fun. However, should this idea appeal to you, Gamasutra has an interview with guys that are making a game called, Grave Call. Of course we all know the proper way to get out of a coffin buried six feet under. Thanks cagey. At this moment, I am pretty sure that if you put me inside a coffin, someone is taking a nap, hopefully not a dirtnap however.

Even though it's completely dark inside the coffin, the player always have the phone as a light source. But the biggest aspect is probably that you are talking to someone who will try their hardest to help you get out and comfort you along the way. If that's not enough, you can always push the lid of and get out.

2. Nukester

Nukester [H]ard|Gawd

Yeah, this is going to end well. Some "high IQ" gamers will try this IRL.

Like you, I would not do well under that circumstance. Just put me out of my misery.

Armenius, GoldenTiger and Etherton like this.
  3. steakman1971

steakman1971 [H]ard|Gawd

Screw that. When I'm dead I don't even want to be in a coffin. I want a viking funeral pyre with the song Big Sky playing as people drink mead and get wasted. Float my burning self down the river...

Armenius likes this.
  4. Nolan7689

Nolan7689 Gawd

I always say dump my body in a ditch somewhere. But cost and legality be damned Viking funeral is always a close second

Armenius likes this.
  5. Nukester

Nukester [H]ard|Gawd

Wife and I have it in our will that we are to be put to ashes. No expensive coffins or big funeral expenses put on our family. Bit off topic eh?

6. Nunu

Nunu Limp Gawd

Mondays are shitty enough without hearing about coffin games, and death wishes...Like mine today, caught a flat tire, late to work, and may have to get a new car battery too.

7. Zion Halcyon

Zion Halcyon 2[H]4U

While eating tide pods...

8. Etherton

Etherton Will Bang for Poof

Told my kids they had to cremate me and one of them has to flush me down the crapper or no insurance money. The blank stares were priceless.

9. Kuurus

Kuurus Gawd

LMFAO

10. WhoMe

WhoMe Gawd

I plan on going in the woods somewhere, let the wild animals have a nice meal (there are plenty of bears, mountain lions and coyotes around here).

In the Victorian era there was a paranoia (after a few, possibly fake, stories) about waking up in the grave so some people stipulated in their wills that they be buried with a gun.

11. Etherton

Etherton Will Bang for Poof

In Romania didn't they actually drive a stake through the deceased hearts before burial? Or was that an urban legend? Thought I heard it on the Travel Channel.

12. WhoMe

WhoMe Gawd

It appears to have been based on the documented case of a man who was mistakenly pronounced dead, appeared back at his home and the villagers thought he was a vampire and staked him before the authorities arrived. How wide spread the pre-staking process was I don't know...I guess Vlad the Impaler still had people spooked centuries later ;).

Etherton likes this.
  13. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger 3.5GB GTX 970 Slayer

... And playing knockout game...

14. theBrownLlama

theBrownLlama Limp Gawd

15. lilbabycat

lilbabycat 2[H]4U

16. Armenius

Armenius [H]ardForum Junkie

How old are you, 30? We now randomly pull loaded guns on each other and drink boiling water (not necessarily in that order).

GoldenTiger likes this.
  17. dangerouseddy

dangerouseddy Limp Gawd

well the phone probably wouldn't get a signal 6 foot under plus if it rains you'd probably drown.

Tags: