Grave Call Buries its Players

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
I am just saying right now that being trapped in a coffin and only having a cellphone at my disposal does not sound like a lot of fun. However, should this idea appeal to you, Gamasutra has an interview with guys that are making a game called, Grave Call. Of course we all know the proper way to get out of a coffin buried six feet under. Thanks cagey. At this moment, I am pretty sure that if you put me inside a coffin, someone is taking a nap, hopefully not a dirtnap however.

Even though it's completely dark inside the coffin, the player always have the phone as a light source. But the biggest aspect is probably that you are talking to someone who will try their hardest to help you get out and comfort you along the way. If that's not enough, you can always push the lid of and get out.

Screw that. When I'm dead I don't even want to be in a coffin. I want a viking funeral pyre with the song Big Sky playing as people drink mead and get wasted. Float my burning self down the river...

Screw that. When I'm dead I don't even want to be in a coffin. I want a viking funeral pyre with the song Big Sky playing as people drink mead and get wasted. Float my burning self down the river...
I always say dump my body in a ditch somewhere. But cost and legality be damned Viking funeral is always a close second

Wife and I have it in our will that we are to be put to ashes. No expensive coffins or big funeral expenses put on our family. Bit off topic eh?

Mondays are shitty enough without hearing about coffin games, and death wishes...Like mine today, caught a flat tire, late to work, and may have to get a new car battery too.

I always say dump my body in a ditch somewhere. But cost and legality be damned Viking funeral is always a close second
I plan on going in the woods somewhere, let the wild animals have a nice meal (there are plenty of bears, mountain lions and coyotes around here).

In the Victorian era there was a paranoia (after a few, possibly fake, stories) about waking up in the grave so some people stipulated in their wills that they be buried with a gun.

In the Victorian era there was a paranoia (after a few, possibly fake, stories) about waking up in the grave so some people stipulated in their wills that they be buried with a gun.

In Romania didn't they actually drive a stake through the deceased hearts before burial? Or was that an urban legend? Thought I heard it on the Travel Channel.

In Romania didn't they actually drive a stake through the deceased hearts before burial? Or was that an urban legend? Thought I heard it on the Travel Channel.
It appears to have been based on the documented case of a man who was mistakenly pronounced dead, appeared back at his home and the villagers thought he was a vampire and staked him before the authorities arrived. How wide spread the pre-staking process was I don't know...I guess Vlad the Impaler still had people spooked centuries later ;).

Back