Im probably going to be wrong...but hear me out:

I wouldnt be surprised this is either a day 1 shadow drop or a short time window to release. GTA is one of those games that it markets itself at this point...they do not need to drag out the hype anymore then it is. With some of the recent releases and big flops in the past years, they will probably do themselves a disservice if the release date is a whiles away. To some extent....its not going to live up to the hype anyway...if that hype drags on for another year plus, then it will only get review bombed more.

But then again Rockstars announcement to release history says otherwise.
I would guess since they're announcing it now that it will be a spring or early summer release but a fall '24 release wouldn't surprise me either.

Fall/Holiday 24 if we're lucky. But 25 seems right.
That would fit the timeline they used for GTA 5 but when they announced that all they did was state that it was in development and put out a trailer that showed little beyond that it was set in San Andreas, and that was it for almost a year. We kind of already got that with the leak and if they stretch out the hype for too long it could backfire so I think we'll likely see a condensed timeframe this time.

If all we get is a vague trailer showing little more than where the game takes place then your prediction is probably more likely.

I think the main question is when will the PC version come. Probably 1-2 years later. A little embarrassing that the best selling AAA game in history can't do a PC port at the time of the console versions. Even more embarrassing when they made so much money off of the multiplayer. But they hate PC gamers and seem to enjoy getting people to pay twice for the same game; once on console and once on PC.

I think the main question is when will the PC version come. Probably 1-2 years later. A little embarrassing that the best selling AAA game in history can't do a PC port at the time of the console versions. Even more embarrassing when they made so much money off of the multiplayer. But they hate PC gamers and seem to enjoy getting people to pay twice for the same game; once on console and once on PC.
Lol, True. I say Launch or within the first 12 months. Remember V was a 360/ps3 game. Now they're on x86 for all three. So, It Should be easier to release pc version theoretically. Aol keyword: Theoretically.

And this hate for PC players is why they will never get a cent from me.

I miss the days I could get excited for a new Grand Theft Auto. There were things I liked about Grand Theft Auto V, but ultimately I found the game to be a test of patience, similar to RDR 2. Yet I can go back to play Vice City or San Andreas and have a blast. I'm not sure what happened to the game industry over the last decade, but it seems like making fun games really slipped off their agenda. And while the fun factor has slipped down the list, political correctness has made it's way to the top. Interesting how quickly we reached the dystopia of Demolition Man.

Here's to hoping they read your post and say, "Dang, we're missing out on 70 bucks"!
Exactly, I am in a huge minority as a truly passionate PC centric type of a gamer that would not touch a console with a 10 foot stick. I suppose this is why I hang around hardforum. Not many of us out there which is what allows companies like Rockstar to neglect the PC platform to a degree that they do. Not passing judgement or saying I am right or wrong. I may be a dying breed. But oh well, can't change who I am.

F-c5If2XIAEPOk1?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Just leaving this here without comment.

View attachment 612034
Just leaving this here without comment.

I like how you felt obligated to dig up a picture that's almost half a decade old and seemingly taken for international women's day to continue groaning about some political correctness narrative

and amusingly this headcount seemingly represents around 1/10th of the studio's total employees.

I have faith in R* but we never had a female protag before.
If they turn this into "yas queen slay" the video game. Especially with her being Cuban. That being said, they made Lucia hot which means they're already going to piss off feminists.

GTA is like South Park, they go after everybody no pulled punches.

Last edited:
I like how you felt obligated to dig up a picture that's almost half a decade old and seemingly taken for international women's day to continue groaning about some political correctness narrative
Maybe you missed the fact the photo is stone confirmation that GTA6 will not only be a game world in which we are forced to use lesbians-only toilets and wheelchair ramps, but one we will pay Rockstar thrice for the privilege for: PS5/Xbox, PC version, Fleshlight edition. Each with a microtransactions gloryhole.

And it sickens me the way I am now looking forward to this.

Last edited:
If they turn this into "yas queen slay" the video game. Especially with her being Cuban. That being said, they made Lucia hot which means they're already going to piss off feminists.

If I recall they were releasing updated versions of their games that have been censored for "modern audiences", so I do think we'll have plenty of that in the upcoming game. GTA4 was clunky and lame a game. GTA5 wasn't bad but some of the mission design was bad, essentially corridor shooter with non-stop, spawning out of thin air NPCs broken up by set pieces. The only things that made these games standout was the humor and how they made fun of every group and everything.

Even RDR2 had some really questionable NPC spawns.

Last edited:
If they turn this into "yas queen slay" the video game. Especially with her being Cuban.
One would hope that R* was carefully watching the retail performance and overall reception of the new Saints Row game, since for many years that was GTA's closest "rival", and taking note.

That being said, they made Lucia hot which means they're already going to piss off feminists.
I hope it's this, not because I wake up hoping to further enrage feminists, but because it means R* chose to stay true to the core formula that made them successful. No one who grew up playing GTA wants it remade for "modern audiences".

Exactly - life was better when everyone was offended equally! We could all laugh at each other.

but one we will have to pay Rockstar thrice for the privilege for: PS5/Xbox, PC version, Fleshlight edition. Each with a microtransactions gloryhole.

And it sickens me the way I am now looking forward to this.
As with GTA V and RDR 2, I will only be forking over once for this title. Sorry R*!

GTA4 was clunky and lame game.
Many people held that opinion initially, but history has been far kinder if you watch the retrospective videos of people playing it again today. There is a lot to appreciate in GTA IV, and I think that will be cemented further as more games are released that try to "improve" the formula.

Many people held that opinion initially, but history has been far kinder if you watch the retrospective videos of people playing it again today. There is a lot to appreciate in GTA IV, and I think that will be cemented further as more games are released that try to "improve" the formula.
GTA4 is my favorite next to Vice City.

Reactions: DPI
like this
No one can match the hype of a new Rockstar game and especially these. Part 6 is way overdue. I'm eagerly looking forward to it and yes PC all the way. Whatever it takes. ;)

Reactions: DPI
like this
I guess this means Rockstar is going to beat Bethesda to the next entry in their tentpole series. It's been 10 years, 1 month, and 21 days since GTA5 came out. It's been 11 years, 11 months, and 29 days since Skyrim came out.

The problem I have with GTA is you can do whatever you want without restrictions. The typical GTA game includes stealing cars different radio stations and hiding from the cops.
I would like to see this game taken off market two months after release then you'll have a desirable game maybe.

Last edited:
No one can match the hype of a new Rockstar game and especially these. Part 6 is way overdue. I'm eagerly looking forward to it and yes PC all the way. Whatever it takes. ;)

The hype will be on a level never seen, at least going by the numbers. Development cost rumored to be just shy of $2 Billion. No other entertainment product has even cost 1 billion, Star Citizen hasn't crossed $500 million yet. So it'll be the most expensive entertainment product of all time. The marketing campaign will also break cost records. It'll be inescapable.

But I also see these staggering numbers as a reason that those fearing a "woke" game like every 13yo on reddit can rest easy: the stakes are too high. R* isn't looking to be polarizing at this level of investment. They're tuning this game for universal praise. Anything less would be lighting hundreds of millions on fire.

Last edited:
The hype will be on a level never seen, at least going by the numbers. Development cost rumored to be just shy of $2 Billion. No other entertainment product has even cost 1 billion, Star Citizen hasn't crossed $500 million yet. So it'll be the most expensive entertainment product of all time. The marketing campaign will also break cost records. It'll be inescapable.

But I also see these staggering numbers as a reason that those fearing a "woke" game like every 13yo on reddit can rest easy: the stakes are too high. R* isn't looking to be polarizing at this level of investment. They're tuning this game for universal praise. Anything less would be lighting hundreds of millions on fire.
1699966913939.png

You think this will launch on Steam? Or go the Red Dead Redemption route on Epic.

I think it was pretty much assumed to be VC even before the leaks. Rockstar doesn't seem to be very eager to add more cities to their GTA world. Wouldn't shock me if they just go back to Liberty City again for 7. By then GTA4 will probably be at least 20 years old.

after a 10 year gap from GTA5 I was hoping Rockstar would be able to create an entirely new city...so another 2+ year delay before this hits PC?

after a 10 year gap from GTA5 I was hoping Rockstar would be able to create an entirely new city...so another 2+ year delay before this hits PC?
I think Rockstar has learned to love money too much to delay it on one platform, but I could be wrong. It would depend on if they have any data on how many people are double-/triple-dipping with their delay tactics.

I played a bit of GTA III back in the day, many many years ago. I'm 39 now and turning 40 in April. I just don't think I could pick up a gangsta rap type of game ever again.
I feel this type of game is for pot smoking ghetto console players.

Outside of Sony there aren't many publishers delaying their PC ports anymore. They're kind of a special case, too. Rockstar definitely has the clout to do it if they want, but I dunno if they have the motivation.
I just hope the game shows up in decent shape on whatever platform(s) it launches on. There were people claiming the leaks were 4-5 years from being a real game. Could be people blowing smoke or a build that was way earlier than Rockstar's actual current builds, though.

I played a bit of GTA III back in the day, many many years ago. I'm 39 now and turning 40 in April. I just don't think I could pick up a gangsta rap type of game ever again.
It feels like our reality now too much reflects the satire of the GTA games. At this point we don't even need this kind of game. The tone would need to change a lot, and in a direction I don't think they'd be willing to take it. Robocop is more along the lines of what works for me these days.

Do PC players not smoke weed? Or are we still clutching our pearls, stigmatizing something legal for recreational/medical use in 22 states and medical in another 13?

And excuse me for laughing at you for being 40 and complaining about a "gangsta rap type of game" whatever the fuck that means.

I was impressed GTA V for PC, very few bugs on release and great attention to deal and gameplay, IMO.Compared to that mess of GTA IV on PC.

So I'm looking forward to playing this when it comes out for PC, at age 42.

I wish I could 420 but can't because of job but there's always alcohol on deck.

GTA IV and V definitely weren't gangsta rap lol

Back