Grand Theft Auto V

I just realized you can pimp out each character's personal vehicle and it will stay that way permanently (each time it respawns).
Wish the game told me that... Past GTA games were the opposite way.

if you park the car in your garage, does it become yours? I haven't destroyed the Coil yet so I have no idea what happens to the car or the mods I had done to it.

So im staring at the downloader art, GTA sure does have some annoying looking humans. I hope I can kill them in game.

if you park the car in your garage, does it become yours? I haven't destroyed the Coil yet so I have no idea what happens to the car or the mods I had done to it.

Yes. Parking in a garage will save/store the car.

Dude, so i fucked up big time. Ordered from greenman @ 45.00. Not a steam code..D/Ling the game at a whopping 50KB/s from social club..Fuck man...I'm so used to steam, i just figured it had to be a steam key. Anyone on thinking about buying from greenman take note..

Only been mentioned 100x in this thread the past few weeks :)

Anyhoo, so far the game is a blast, has exceeded expectations over here. So glad I bailed out on the 360 version and waited, after I was about 10% into it.

Only been mentioned 100x in this thread the past few weeks :)

Anyhoo, so far the game is a blast, has exceeded expectations over here. So glad I bailed out on the 360 version and waited, after I was about 10% into it.

I've been busy and haven't followed the thread until recently.

924106_278900745567513_1624789523_n.jpg

If you blow up your personal car from your garage, it's gone forever.
If you lose it it will be impounded and you can buy it back.

As for the character specific cars, I have no idea. I just spent 200k+ on Franklin's car, it better not reset to default when it explodes.

Also, unrelated, lots of people complaining about driving stutters while playing from an HDD. No bueno.

Last edited:
So my wife's PC has a 970 in it and can't play 3 screen unless she changes everything down to normal, plays pretty smooth as long as she stays under the memory limit. Single screen (1920x1200) she can crank things fairly high. Pretty decent performance overall.

I still don't think the game looks as good as the performance justifies. That's just based on my 280X and what I've seen from past games.
I scale all my games to reach 1680x1050 60fps with zero dips. I would like to lock myself to 30fps and max everything out, but I cant -- I'm already at 2.5 GB VRAM. Anything else pushes me over.

W_D looks better, yet requires less GPU load. However it's a shit port so it runs like crap anyway.
GTA 5 scales well enough so that everyone can get whatever performance they want, which is good. I think most people are just excited that it runs so much better than IV.

I have an overscan issue, most likely due to the odd resolution I am running; 3600x1920. Long story short, not matter what resolution and aspect ratio I set, the on-screen control prompts cannot be seen. Those are off the screen. Anyone know of a solution before I reach out to the GPU guys?

You can adjust UI scaling in: Display Options --> Safezone.
Sounds like you have a bigger problem. Worth a shot though.

Soooo I got the game installed on my 256GB SSD, I had about 17 GB of free space after the initial pre-load. When I began the decrypt process there were notices saying disk drive write error on Steam and Im like da fuq? I looked at the SSD free space and it full!!! I had to remove Team Fortress 2, Pay Day 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Natural Selection 2 just to have enough free space to decrypt. Hell the drive nearly got full again even after removing all of the above. Finally the game was ready to play after about 30 minutes of this.

Never pre-loading again...

I do have a 500GB Samsung EVO on the way this Friday at least.

I don't own the game, but you could get around this by using a junction for the pre-load and then after it's done installing, remove the junction, create your GTA directory on C: and copy the files there. It's not fast, but you wouldn't use the C drive to decrypt.

So what's the consensus on kids playing it? Is it possible to explore the map without curses / hookers / crazy shit?

I let my kid run around BF4 without other players (drives the tank over things) & FC4 without any bad guys (dad slaughtered them all). Could GTA V be similar, I have a feeling it's inherently worse.

I think it really depends on the age of you kid. GTA has always been an R Rated game. Then again, I went to R movies, with my parents, no later than 8. They didn't take me to every R movie, but I certainly saw movies with F bombs, violence and nudity. If that's not OK for your kid, then this game isn't for him/her.

Anyone know yet if Rockstar is doing somekind of cloud save for single player progression on the PC? I'm about to find out since I just played about over an hour on my notebook and will get online on my desktop later tonight, still would be nice to know.

I also found a work around for the mobile GPU failure to launch issue, all I do is turn the GPU off when I launch the game, once Social Club launcher is up I turn it back on and I have GPU acceleration! Best part is since this game was originally optimized for shitty xbox 360 and PS3 it actually plays surprisingly well on my notebook, if I set it to half vsync I never drop out of 30 FPS, but I turn vsync off anyways.

So what's the consensus on kids playing it? Is it possible to explore the map without curses / hookers / crazy shit?

I let my kid run around BF4 without other players (drives the tank over things) & FC4 without any bad guys (dad slaughtered them all). Could GTA V be similar, I have a feeling it's inherently worse.

Would you let your kid watch Scarface?

Has anyone gotten the Steam overlay to work with the GMG version of GTAV? I've tried the usual fix of disabling RTSS, but no dice. I'd really like to take and share screenshots with my Steam friends so they can comment on them. You know, like what the kids do on the Facebook?

Of note, you need to force the three GTAV .exes, (launcher, pre-launcher and GTAV itself) to run as admin in order to add GTAV as a non-Steam shortcut.

I am struck by the scope and realism of this virtual city... :D

Beautiful work on character models and animation. Voice acting is spectacular. The cars look fantastic. Environments are so detailed now, what a joy!

Only con is that "half" the radio stations are playing hip hop, rap and the likes. Easily fixed with custom music I guess.

This might be a good game to see in [H] reviews. I just got my Titan X in the mail yesterday. Been playing at 1440p. The GeForce Experience preset seems just about right to me. Someone else was saying they disabled FXAA and enabled MSAA and TXAA for very little performance hit. I tried it out, but I think it lowered the FPS just enough to disrupt the silky smooth framerates I was enjoying, so went back to just FXAA which is just fine.

Aniso is set to 16x, but if you look at the road in the distance while driving, I have a pretty easy time spotting the texture blurring out in the distance. Also, has anyone else looked at an object far away and seen what looks like interlacing? Anyways, the game is gorgeous, and I'm not complaining, just observing.

Just messing around with SLI 970s and a Titan X.

Sli 970s are 30% faster than a single Titan X in this game at 1620p. Playing at all maxed, no MSAA -- MSAA really affects mouse acceleration. I recommend ZERO MSAA on ANY system. Titan X has a bit of stutter at anything above 1440p with any MSAA applied at Ultra settings. Sli 970s is much smoother.

Last edited:
I've never played GTA V previously to the PC release, but I am gettin way too OCD on 100% every mission. Is it better to just complete it before gettin all OCD?

Being that last night I just wanted to play, I spent a little more time tonight playing around with the graphical settings. If you have a mid-range card and are on the fence about buying this, feel confident that you'll see good performance.

My 2 GB 770 is really holding it's own in this title. With MSAA off and using FXAA instead, I'm able to turn up some of the advanced settings. Things like ultra post FX and maximum LoD are a no go however. But really, I couldn't be happier with my glorified 680. I keep waiting for a game to come out that makes me upgrade, but I haven't got to that point yet.
I've never played GTA V previously to the PC release, but I am gettin way too OCD on 100% every mission. Is it better to just complete it before gettin all OCD?
You can repeat all the missions no? Maybe play the game a bit, free roam and then go back and obsess over the details?

I played for about 6 hours and didn't do a single mission. I just like driving around running over people and running from the cops, as well as exploring the map.

It depends on whether you're having fun or not. If reloading and redoing every mission doesn't grate on you you might as well knock it out while it's fresh. Personally, I'm glad the mission scoreboard doesn't show up unless you want it to on the PC version.

Playing online with a coworker friend last night, did a mission where it was first person pistols team deathmatch....had a blast! Oh and we kicked ass and won.

So doesn't this have something like collecting packages or shooting flying rats? All I can find is missions,Side missions, random missions and the stunts. I mean, I hated such collection stuff in Assassin's Creed but did like it in Far Cry 4. Implementation and the world itself can make the difference to me and GTAV has the world to keep me in it!

I also have some nasty split second freezes that happen occasionally. No idea why.

Holy shit, over 300,000 consecutive players on steam overnight! Pretty much blows out of the water every pathetic excuse used by AAA publishers for churning out dog shit PC releases.

I just realized you can pimp out each character's personal vehicle and it will stay that way permanently (each time it respawns).
Wish the game told me that... Past GTA games were the opposite way.

I remember San Andreas having this feature so long as you stored the car in a garage.

If you want to have some fun online, throw a random proximity mine in front of the various spray shops....

So doesn't this have something like collecting packages or shooting flying rats? All I can find is missions,Side missions, random missions and the stunts. I mean, I hated such collection stuff in Assassin's Creed but did like it in Far Cry 4. Implementation and the world itself can make the difference to me and GTAV has the world to keep me in it!

There is plenty of that but it is different for each character. It will usually appear as a mission on the map the first time. Then you can find them hidden all over the map. You should really play the story until you unlock the 3 characters at the very least.

Also there are character specific side jobs for each character too. Like only Trevor can go on hunts for animals or Michael do scuba diving.

You think the game has a lot now you’ll be really impressed the more you play.

Back