Grand Theft Auto V

Sounds like you belong back at reddit. Supporting your claims with "because I said so arguments" and bashing 3 yo+ cards while running a rebadged 3yo+ card. You should care less about imaginary tiers and more about actual numbers.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r9-270-review-benchmarks,3669-4.html

The 7870 is a perfectly capable 1080p card regardless of its age or your "tiers"
Yeah, one game which also happens to be an AMD title.

46 minimum in Ghosts.
30 min, 45 avg in Metro: LL
45 minimim in BI
43 minimum, 51 avg in TR
31 minimum, 50 avg in CoH2.

And those are mixed settings. Also a benchmark from 2013.

Calm down bro. You're right everyone should be well aware that the 7870 is a decent preforming card that can play most, if not all, games at 1080p. Apparently some are not.

And apparently some people are not aware that this discussion is about GTA5 and not 'most games'. How it performs in general or in other games is irrelevant and a moot point. What's being discussed is how good/poorly it will run GTA5.

People come here for GTA5 related content, not bickering over the performance of a video card in scenarios not relevant to the topic at hand. If you have a problem with TaintedSquirrel, take it up to PM. The topic has been derailed enough already.

Damn, Devs say it will run well on a 7870 and benchmarks show decent 1080p performance in games. Now I see where the confusion is :rolleyes:.

I think addressing FUD about what will and won't run the game well is very relevant to the thread.

I hope this game comes out before I die.

I guess your dream is coming true. At least is better than the ppl hoping for a Final Fantasy 7 remake in their lifetime or Microsoft having rare-ware make them a proper Banjo Kazooie game. Those are two games id like to see.

/r/GrandTheftAutoV_PC poll:

I7sEZxM.png

The game is launching simultaneously around the world, i can see the rockstar servers taking a crap when everyone tries to activate the game at the same time. The nerdrage will be so loud it'll be heard from the far reaches of the universe.

The game is launching simultaneously around the world, i can see the rockstar servers taking a crap when everyone tries to activate the game at the same time. The nerdrage will be so loud it'll be heard from the far reaches of the universe.

Yeah...give it a day or two lol

I could be pleasantly surprised but I see this being of high likelihood.

Sounds like you belong back at reddit. Supporting your claims with "because I said so arguments" and bashing 3 yo+ cards while running a rebadged 3yo+ card. You should care less about imaginary tiers and more about actual numbers.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r9-270-review-benchmarks,3669-4.html

The 7870 is a perfectly capable 1080p card regardless of its age or your "tiers"

Oh ok, so because your 7870 can play Pong at 1080p res with full detail, it will also be able to play Crysis3 <insert any other graphically intense game> at 1080p res with full detail settings? Quite an optimist.

I'm sure it will "run" it at 1080p but don't expect to have "ultra detail, max draw distance, HBAO/SSAO max AA value at 60 fps etc etc.

Can I suggest you all stop arguing, move on and just wait until it's released and find out who is right?

I think a lot of people are pre loading - thus why R* server took a crap last night lol......

I think a lot of people are pre loading - thus why R* server took a crap last night lol......

I would like to see a 'torrent' styled version of the game. As in, you pay for it, and then you have a choice to get it from their direct server or you can get it from a torrent styled way of delivery via other folks that have agreed to and are generous enough to give their bandwith to upload it back to the community.

Again, a pay for version, not talking about pirated or cracked here.

Blizzard's launcher uses P2P to distribute games and patches, it works well enough.

I was going to say this. I thought p2p distribution was becoming common, blizz has been doing it for 10+ years right? I would think cheapskates like EA would be all over it.

I played it on the PS3.......
Same. I'm super stoked to play this on my pc already. I've also held back from looking at a lot of the images/videos that I've seen comparing what ps4/xbone/pc as I want to be pleasantly surprised when I fire it up for the first time.

I know some outlets have played the PC version already and one has it and is running hardware benches so they are out there, otherwise I'd say that no review codes is a red flag for bad tidings.

I've been thinking. The game download is 54-60gb. How big would the installation actually be? 60gb? 80-100gb?

If that's the case, why the fuck didn't Rockstar just compress the files like normal installers do. I.e. 20gb installer > 60gb after installation.

I've got 500gb of download quota, but it's a fucking PITA downloading 60gb especially when Australia has the internet connection/speed equivalent to some 3rd world countries.

You can only compress certain files so much. I'm pretty sure most game files can't be compressed. I compressed my backup of the skyrim folder and it wasn't much smaller.

Well if you use Installsheild's built-in compressor it can compress raw 10gb files into a 4gb .cab file. Back in those days all games on discs were run from Installshield setup installers.

I may have missed it, but I'm surprised there hasn't been any game ready drivers dropped for GTA V yet.

15 hours to go supposedly -- what sucks is right at release time (6pm central according to the sites I've seen) that's the time I'm normally at the bar drinking and getting ready to play in a poker tournament at 7pm.

hmmm

Well if you use Installsheild's built-in compressor it can compress raw 10gb files into a 4gb .cab file. Back in those days all games on discs were run from Installshield setup installers.

You cannot compress already compressed audio/video/pictures which modern games are full of. Only thing you can compress is lines of code if they aren't already compressed and that isn't what makes the games so big anyway.

Older games used a lot of uncompressed data because good compression was too demanding or just not so widespread back then.

Well I'm at 86%. 23 hours into the download at 500kb's. Won't download at my full speed which is about 850kb-1mb's

Preloaded the game on Saturday morning at 15mb (got up early!), only took between 1-2 hours or so if I recall. I'm ready to kill me some pigs/blow shit up at 7PM (EST) tonight. So stoked I can hardly contain it!

Preloaded the game on Saturday morning at 15mb (got up early!), only took between 1-2 hours or so if I recall. I'm ready to kill me some pigs/blow shit up at 7PM (EST) tonight. So stoked I can hardly contain it!

Me too, working on getting my crew together..

Back