Grand Theft Auto V

If you play by yourself (with randoms) you probably won't have a very good time.
If you play in a group it's fun but you still have to deal with the horrible loading, broken group system, etc.

It's a good game buried under a pile of dog crap.

Can i ask a strategy question. I'm early in the game ~20% and making good money with stocks and lesters missions. should i horde my money and keep going the stock thing for awhile or buy some properties for mission based ROI. e.g. the nightclub

That's a bingo.

Rk2OsGZ.png

Can i ask a strategy question. I'm early in the game ~20% and making good money with stocks and lesters missions. should i horde my money and keep going the stock thing for awhile or buy some properties for mission based ROI. e.g. the nightclub
You're supposed to do those at the end of the game, put all your money into the stocks and you should make millions/billions. Like 300+ million maybe?

Online is literally dead for me. Nobody plays online when I'm on except few laggers which I can't shoot or kill.

Try changing your aim mode, they segregate players depending on aim assist options. Made sense on the console but don't know why they did this on the pc

That's a bingo.

Rk2OsGZ.png

You're supposed to do those at the end of the game, put all your money into the stocks and you should make millions/billions. Like 300+ million maybe?

oh crap. i think i did it wrong i did several of the lester missions already early on in the ga

Armored Kuruma should have been a Pegasus vehicle; you have to call and summon it.
But then it's useless compared to the Insurgent.

Simply put, it shouldn't exist. We shouldn't be able to store God Mode vehicles in our garage.

Console players didn't have it this whole time, it was added March 2015 with the Heists update. But us PC gamers have it since day one and it ruins most of the game.

Kuruma is far from god mode. You simply shoot into the little window slots and the person dies pretty fast. Or just launch an RPG at it and eat the insurance cost. The problem with this game is that cars like Zentorno should be upgradable to have more damage absorbing ability than the Kuruma since it's much more expensive. Rockstar also needs to rework the insurance system and only charge you when you kill a white dot player, not a red or pink one.

I decided to do the level 6 trick to recustomize my character, and damn... public games are so bad.
Spent about 20 minutes completing a mission, only to have the host timeout as we turned in the objective. I got NOTHING.

Been playing private/local groups since launch. I can complete 10 solo missions in the time it takes 1 pub group. Just due to lag, connectivity, queueing, etc.

All missions are locked at rank 1 so you have no choice but to use Quick Job. Rank 50+ players kick you, everyone else sucks, and all the lag.
It's just impossible to play. I don't understand why R* locks server features behind a level. I just want to start private missions by myself so I can solo them and run the clock. Why is that so hard?

So just an FYI, last patch changed my Aiming preference to "aim assist" without my knowledge and all of a sudden I couldn't join online with my friends. The notification that "targeting preferences" was the reason didn't pop up until after a force verify and then I had to go to single players, change it and go to a safe point before it would stick. Just in case someone else is having the same issue. It actually told me my friends had blocked me before the force verify.

I was crashing every hour or so in online with the previous patch. Went 4 straight hours without any crash on the new patch, just like RTM. Hopefully they wont break it again.

ScriptHook V and NativeTrainer got updated yesterday to work with the latest version of GTAV. Won't allow you to launch online (closes the game) to prevent you from getting banned (hopefully). Haven't tested it yet, but sounds like it's working for people that want to mess around in SP again.

http://www.dev-c.com/gtav/scripthookv/

Aside from the suspension upgrades which feels like it has a noticeable affect on driving, do any of the other upgrades actually have upsides/downsides? It feels like other than the suspension, you just choose the most expensive upgrade.

I've read that maybe the offroad tires might actually matter but it's minimal.

Some of these cars can do some sweet J-turns. Great when you confronted a online idiot lol

Man, once you start doing the Trevor missions you start to really see the impact of turning grass to very high and ultra. Especially if you ever start driving fast around there.

Is anyone having problems with artifacting on AMD cards after a recent patch?

This weekend I started getting random artifacting on settings that have been fine since launch. Removing GPU OCs did not help. Cards under water and temps are fine.

This weekend I started getting random artifacting on settings that have been fine since launch. Removing GPU OCs did not help. Cards under water and temps are fine.
AMD has a higher failure rate and GTA 5 is a very stressful game so it brings out all the flaws in your GPU.
I've seen more complaints about texture walls and glitchy dots on the screen for GTA 5 than any other game. Includes Nvidia cards, to a lesser degree.

Usually an issue with VRAM. Try lowering your clocks? Raising your voltage? Lower your VRAM usage? Stress test your card if you're really worried about it.

I haven't seen anything in over 200 hours, however I keep my 280X around 50-60% load @ 2300 MB.

For more results:

"Artifacts"
"Artifacting"

No issues in 3dmark or furmark so I assume it's not a card issue. Unfortunately it's not the well documented MSAA issues. Guess I'll just give it some time and hope a driver or game patch helps or just live with it.

I think anyone who got banned from GTAO is also having their character wiped.
Just checked my crew's rankings, and I jumped about 10 spots ahead and the previous accounts are gone from the list.

So they get a toon wipe and then get to come back? Or are they getting banned for good and evidence of their toon ever existing removed? Hmmmmm interesting.

On consoles they were reset to rank 1 and had all of their cash wiped.
It would suck to use a simple FoV mod and have 2 weeks of progress reset from Rockstar's ban. But hey, rules are rules.

Meanwhile I've been abusing glitches/exploits like crazy and R* hasn't even touched me.

I noticed some strange artifacts with MSAA enabled in game... turning it off fixes it. GTAV is the only game that seems to do it though.... FXAA works fine.

I know that using the ingame AF doesn't really seem to do anything... so I force it to x16 through both Catalyst and nVidia CP (desktop and laptop). I haven't tested it yet, but I have a feeling that forcing AA through Catalyst might correct whatever the issue is but since FXAA is enabled, I haven't bothered testing it. Hopefully that helps ya out

I am working on the Criminal Mastermind challenge right now with some friends, we did the first 3 heists last night no deaths (flecca, prison break, humane labs), going to try and finish last 2 tonight.

would be nice to get that $10mill chunk of change.

actually getting another 1mill at the end of Series A for doing them all with the same crew as well.

Great way to blow up other players personal vehicles without being charged insurance fees.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txoomV89-Us

Last edited:
Anyone getting the readwrite.dll missing error on Windows 8.1 N? I can't get the game to open. I tried Rockstar's steps of installing the Media Player pack, but no luck.

No but i get tons of network errors when want to join online.. all u do is stare at loading screens alll the time.. keep getting timeouts what the fuck is shit bullshit... so much money they earn and they cant keep servers so they dont lag out

No but i get tons of network errors when want to join online.. all u do is stare at loading screens alll the time.. keep getting timeouts what the fuck is shit bullshit... so much money they earn and they cant keep servers so they dont lag out

No issues with connectioning online or playing on here...
Thats since release. I am getting crashes every so often in heists but thats it.

I haven't been able to play single player since yesterday. Error connecting to rockstar services. Everything else works fine, Steam, Netflix etc..

Opened a ticket with them...no issues since launch...grr...

Back