Grand theft auto V thread.

Micro-transactions confirmed.

It sounds like you can earn every thing in-game and the GTA$ option is only for those that don't want to put time in. Sounds fine to me.

The RMT doesn't really bother me either. I also read a post somewhere stating that higher tier guns, cars, and property unlocks are tied to your Reputation Points which can only be leveled up by actually playing the game. If that's true then we don't need to worry about people flying around in fighter jets or driving Bugattis day-one.

The RMT doesn't really bother me either. I also read a post somewhere stating that higher tier guns, cars, and property unlocks are tied to your Reputation Points which can only be leveled up by actually playing the game. If that's true then we don't need to worry about people flying around in fighter jets or driving Bugattis day-one.

Wouldnt bother me even if they did. Just means I can kill them and jack their shit.

Can someone tell me, do the missions all marked "H" count as a full heist?

I am wondering because I've done like 3 so far and only hte very first one actually let you plan anything (who to take, how to go about the heist, etc) the others have all been scripted out and don't let you choose anything about how to do it so far.

So I was wondering do those count as main "Heist" missions?

I am, % wise, according to my saves only 50% through but I seem to be running out of missions to do aside from the linear story ones.

There's no more side missions I am finding (Did all the Beverly missions for Franklin, the celeb ones with Trevor, etc).

It feels like I'm going into the last part of the game even though I am only 50% done.

I just did the heist mission where:

You have to get those Cars for Devin and you and trevor are chasing the guys dressed up as motorcycle cops.

Am I really only half way through the game? Do you get more side missions to do or is it linear missions here on out?

I am wondering because I've done like 3 so far and only hte very first one actually let you plan anything (who to take, how to go about the heist, etc) the others have all been scripted out and don't let you choose anything about how to do it so far.

So I was wondering do those count as main "Heist" missions?

I am, % wise, according to my saves only 50% through but I seem to be running out of missions to do aside from the linear story ones.

There's no more side missions I am finding (Did all the Beverly missions for Franklin, the celeb ones with Trevor, etc).

It feels like I'm going into the last part of the game even though I am only 50% done.

Am I really only half way through the game? Do you get more side missions to do or is it linear missions here on out?

Here is what you seek.

gta5100.jpg

The impound lot is a good point. I don't get attached to any cars I steal, so I don't really care, but anyone who's had a car gone missing, have you checked the impound lot?

There *is* an impound lot in this game. I see a lot of the cars I steal and have used for a great deal pop up and tell me they've been impounded. Might have to check it out.

I'm about 35% in and still finding small details.

- You can flip people off (was this in past titles?) With fists equipped, use the shoot button while in a car.
- You can break the linkage on a wheel. For example, I broke the front steering linkage on my vehicle and that tire just dragged against the ground until the wheel finally blew (nice touch).
- The map really isn't that big. It's got good variety though.
- The guy to girl ratio at the playboy mansion is too high. Needs more bewbs.
- Jet needs a bomb.
- Helicopters auto-rotate (nice touch) appropriately.
- Came across an Audi R8, Dodge Viper, and Ford GT today. Haven't seen those before.

I still need to steal the cropduster, cargo plane, and the tank. Haven't done those.

Last edited:
I still need to steal the cropduster, cargo plane, and the tank. Haven't done those.

The Rhino is BS in this game. Having fun with a 4 star wanted level, rolling around blowing shit up. Drove past a cop car on fire, and whadda ya know. My rhino catches fire and blows up.. :confused:

Really now.. Its a freaking tank..

Cargo plane is an absolute bitch, have wasted so much time trying. Gotten as far as getting in it and starting to taxi and tank just one-shots me from distance.

If that's true then we don't need to worry about people flying around in fighter jets or driving Bugattis day-one.
Those can be stolen day one though. Been driving my Adder very early once I figured out where it spawn.

Your past half way through the game. There are 69 "Missions" in the game. Your past the 50% mark for that.
If you do not already have it, log into the rockstar social club and link your account. It will show you all the missions available and ones you have cleared.

- Came across an Audi R8, Dodge Viper, and Ford GT today. Haven't seen those before.

You should have seen the Ford GT in the first 15mins of the game. It was parked in the lot of where Franklin works. The Vipers(Banshee) are all over the place. I am surprised you hadn't seen them earlier.

Thanks, was linked but didn't check.

Does anyone know of any place that shows all the clothing and haircuts you can get for each character?

Do barbershops/tattoo's not change depending on which you go to? (It doesn't seem so).

Kind of a bummer there's only like 3-4 hair styles for trevor but like 12+ for Franklin and only 3-4 beards for each.

I did however make Michael look like Max Payne, complete with his fruity parrot shirt and shaved head + beard.

Thanks, was linked but didn't check.

Does anyone know of any place that shows all the clothing and haircuts you can get for each character?

Do barbershops/tattoo's not change depending on which you go to? (It doesn't seem so).

Kind of a bummer there's only like 3-4 hair styles for trevor but like 12+ for Franklin and only 3-4 beards for each.

I did however make Michael look like Max Payne, complete with his fruity parrot shirt and shaved head + beard.

Have you beat the entire game?
Each of my character has at least 15 options with hair cuts/beards
Clothing and items all unlock through progression..
Plus, I bet they will add way more style choices to our online characters

GTA Online-
Am I the only one extremely excited about this?
I did not really care for the GTA four online.( On PC)
Are heists going to be consistently playable? Do we know of game cash earnings from deathmatch modes? Is this going to be a 100+ hour per online character kind of thing?An Mmo expectation per say? Or just a cluster f*ck with no real organization of a system to keep us grounded?

They are saying that Online Heists are going to be a big thing. Everything is cheaper online also.
You can only own one house Online but nothing costs more than 400k compared to the millions they cost in single player.
Your Online Rep (level) goes up the more you play. Once your Rep goes up, more things become available to you. Guns, clothes, etc.
I am really excited about Online. Rockstar has stated themselves it is going to be a rocky start. They one of the only companies coming out before it is available stating to expect problems. Most will say, We are good, then run into problems anyway. It is kind of to be expected with how many people that are going to be rushing in and wanting to play.
Freeroam was always fun in IV for me but V provides many more things to do just with how much more land there is to cover.
Being able to make your own races and missions is going to be a huge boon.

WTF 35% in and you havent seen those? I've seen those cars starting after the prologue heist.
There's also SL65 AMG Black Series, Benz SLS, Veyron, Some 911 Porsche, Tesla Sport car, Murcielago (infernus), just to name a few high end/exotics in game.

The SL65 looks like shit in this game, that bodykit just makes it look like a retard put a random bodykit on it.

I wonder how they'll handle the weapons availability in GTA Online. I seriously hope they don't allow players to have full instant swapping to all 25+ weapons on the fly. I have a feeling fights would be seriously unbalanced and spammy if this were the case. I liked the way APB handled their weapons system by allowing you to own and stock every gun in the game but you could only actively equip one primary, one secondary, and two grenades at any time. If you wanted to swap weapons then you needed to drop a field supply kit or access your car's trunk to switch weapons which took ~15s.

WTF 35% in and you havent seen those? I've seen those cars starting after the prologue heist.
There's also SL65 AMG Black Series, Benz SLS, Veyron, Some 911 Porsche, Tesla Sport car, Murcielago (infernus), just to name a few high end/exotics in game.

Ha. I just now started to hang around the high end area. I've seen the other ones. There's also a Prius! Schwing!

You should have seen the Ford GT in the first 15mins of the game. It was parked in the lot of where Franklin works. The Vipers(Banshee) are all over the place. I am surprised you hadn't seen them earlier.

Yeah, I remember that now.

There are private lobbies correct? I don't wanna play with anyone but my friends/brother.

There are private lobbies correct? I don't wanna play with anyone but my friends/brother.

Good question! I am assuming whoever hosts the game will be it.
However, why would Rockstar mention overflow of their servers ? Just from the app thing? I dont think so.

I just hope the game utilizes some sort of organizing game interface. Like how WOW does it with guiding you towards the higherlevel, not some cluster of bombardments of things to do.

Have you beat the entire game?
Each of my character has at least 15 options with hair cuts/beards
Clothing and items all unlock through progression..
Plus, I bet they will add way more style choices to our online characters

GTA Online-
Am I the only one extremely excited about this?
I did not really care for the GTA four online.( On PC)
Are heists going to be consistently playable? Do we know of game cash earnings from deathmatch modes? Is this going to be a 100+ hour per online character kind of thing?An Mmo expectation per say? Or just a cluster f*ck with no real organization of a system to keep us grounded?

Are you sure you hav ehtat many for Trevor/Michael? From all I can find online most people only show like 4 hairstyles/beards each for those two.

Ill post some screen shots when I get back from work in a few hours. Definitely more than four options, Ill take a look.

I'm at 50% completion at the moment (Story Missions 50% as well) and I am enjoying the shit out of this game. Other then RPGs I haven't put this much time into a game on 360 in a long time so it gave me an excuse to dust off the 360, literally, and even renew my XBL Gold for online. My gripes about the game are pretty few, aircraft performance (turbulence and the wonky helo gyro effect) and police evasion timer being a bit long for lower stars.

I just finished the game. Apologies , literally very few hair cuts to the other two characters, I don't care though.
Final heist got 30 mill a pop. Now working on stocks.
Hope for the best!
All I Have to say is for those who don't get the stocks, buy low and keep refreshing till you have a satisfactory profit.

What about the game makes you say that?

No heists after campaign, no houses to purchase, fewer character/car customization options than online, etc.
I feel like all those things should be in SP as well.

I really hope I can play the "online" portion in my own private server and do all the missions by myself with AI companions.

No heists after campaign, no houses to purchase, fewer character/car customization options than online, etc.
I feel like all those things should be in SP as well.

I really hope I can play the "online" portion in my own private server and do all the missions by myself with AI companions.

Got a phobia against playing others online? Lol ,jk. I see your point though.
However, the content of the SP is pretty in depth. I didn't like how with out using the stocks wisely, money wasn't that abundant,until the final heist.
However, there are atleast 15 to 20 different properties to buy, I would say, conquer those first and then talk about no properties to buy.
The car customization is not that bad at all. For an open world game that doesn't focus entirely on car modding, it does quite well I feel.
As for the texture of the game in SP and the content that has been generated for MP as well is quite a lot. As we all know, Rockstar plans to integrate GTA Online as the new way to play GTA. You know what? I like they are trying new things, I adore that from a company.
How many GTA's will we end up buying if they don't change the game with new creativity? The heists are always heists, the bank robberies, the cars to steal, the money, it's all the same , different plot. However, being able to do all of this with friends? That's fantastic. I really hope they incorporate a true ranking and development system that does not feel so wishy washy. Like how WoW or other great online open world games do, they assist you to make things more clear on how to build up your character. In GTA 4 online, it felt like you were thrown in the world, and go do your thing. Problem with this is it gets boring real fast. Maybe not for everyone, but for me at least. I need stability, options and more options and a sort of guidance of what to do. I have a strong feeling that you cannot do heist after heist after heist, there has to be some sort of cool down. As for weapons, I really hope you can filter out who can use what as the admin. Or if it is dedicated servers, which I highly think won't be, but if there are, you can filter different types.

I'm very anxious to see how they play this out, coming Tuesday, I took off all day just to mess around with the game play, hehe.

Last edited:
Jesus, the helicopter controls/physics are a fucking nightmare.

Take a helicopter and literally fly it for a few hours, you'll get it.

At first, the controls pissed me off!
I have flown a good 500+ miles with it and it feels decent enough.
Remember! When you are trying to load things, remember to do it slowly. Just like when we all started driving, it was too sensitive. Now I feel like a boss, being able to go around the entire island at full speed and barely get a scratch.
Feels good!

Remember! When you are trying to load things, remember to do it slowly. Just like when we all started driving, it was too sensitive. Now I feel like a boss, being able to go around the entire island at full speed and barely get a scratch.
Feels good!

^Pretty much this^

I didn't fly a helo till the Flight School opened and thought it was pretty cruel to that the first helo flight was a timed obstacle course. I mean fixed wing flight was super easy and even that had your basic take off and land objectives initially. What works for me is holding both LB & RB (or L1 R1) and only using the left analog stick to turn. Push the left analog forward till you are flying level and use a little as possible left/right motion to turn while still pushing forward on the analog stick.

Pretty complicated to fly compared to anything else in the game and even then the random air turbulence will mess with you while trying anything precision. (that shit needs to go away at max skill level IMO)

Feels good!

Flying Skill Level helps a lot.

No heists after campaign

This really pisses me off. I thought the heists would become anytime events you could do to raise money. I don't mind doing them online, but I don't have a gold account or microphone, so it's going to be a bitch to get those. That's where I get tempted to wait for the PC version again.

This really pisses me off. I thought the heists would become anytime events you could do to raise money. I don't mind doing them online, but I don't have a gold account or microphone, so it's going to be a bitch to get those. That's where I get tempted to wait for the PC version again.

I have a ps3 so I am not too concerned about any fees, I just always saw GTA as a singleplayer/offline experience. I'm not against online by any means, but R* could have at least enabled all the "online" features in SP as well (more properties, garages, customization, heists, content creator, etc blabla).

I think Red Dead Redemption had an offline LAN mode, so maybe GTA Online will feature the same.

The sp is very robust, online is a continuation of that.

Agreed. I don't recall taking 35 hours to complete the missions in previous versions.
Granted probably a good five to seven hours of it was dickin around lol.
What's everyone's thoughts on heist availability in the MP?
One after another ? If they are, are they going to have spread out payments like they did in SP?

Back