Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Millow said:
i'm loving this game, but i got a problem:

it will crash and reboot my computer constantly. i thought cooling, but, i have a bigass vga cooler (artic rev 3) on and 2 case fans + the ac is on.

whats the deal?

I had so many problems with my 9500 pro (same pcb and all as the 9800pro) I don't even know where to begin. You can try to adjust volts for stability but you probably know that already being an ATI user and all :D Reboots and lockups happened in 1/4 games with my 9500 pro, I went through 3 motherboards 2 psus and two cpus before I admitted defeat and bought an Nvidia card.

cuemasterfl said:
I love the game, but I don't like all the cussing. I have to play with headphones on all the time so no one else hears it. I wish they had put a expletive filter in there ("Shut up you *beep* *beep*").

I'm glad they didn't. This game isn't meant for young kids, and movies cuss just as much.

The cursing in the game doesn't bother me at all. With all that I've heard beforehand I thought it would be much worse. I recently watched the movie Glengarry Glen Ross, adapted from a broadway play, and there is much more gratuitous cursing in that movie than in this game.

You want Gratuitous Cussing?

Watch a Chris Rock show. :p

BTW, Everyone...the PS2 version never crashes :p

peacetilence said:
I had so many problems with my 9500 pro (same pcb and all as the 9800pro) I don't even know where to begin. You can try to adjust volts for stability but you probably know that already being an ATI user and all :D Reboots and lockups happened in 1/4 games with my 9500 pro, I went through 3 motherboards 2 psus and two cpus before I admitted defeat and bought an Nvidia card.

runs sweet on my 9700 Pro and looks great. loving the draw distance.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Millow said:
i'm loving this game, but i got a problem:

it will crash and reboot my computer constantly. i thought cooling, but, i have a bigass vga cooler (artic rev 3) on and 2 case fans + the ac is on.

whats the deal?

cr3am said:
Solved the problem. You have to update your audio drivers. This may be more complicated than you think, because Windows Update didn't do it automatically for me.

I have an nForce2 motherboard, so I had to:
- Go to nvidia.com
- Click on Download Drivers
- Click on Platform > Audio Driver Package
- Download it
- Unzip it

peacetilence said:
just goto Add/Remove, select Nvidia drivers then remove audio drivers. Upon reboot it automatically asks you for new audio drivers. Just point to where you unzipped to new drivers.

Hope this helps with your specific issue.

Komataguri said:
BTW, Everyone...the PS2 version never crashes :p

No point in playing on a console that makes the game look like shit anyways! :rolleyes:

It's been asked before, but a "full answer" wasnt given:

What am I supposed to do after I get my "haircut" ?? Where do I go after with "Ryder"?? :confused:

A great way I found to increase your Muscle (tone) & Stamina is to swim alot.. :)

3WAYsplit said:

What am I supposed to do after I get my "haircut" ?? Where do I go after with "Ryder"?? :confused:

A great way I found to increase your Muscle (tone) & Stamina is to swim alot.. :)

Wait till you get to access a gym

Can anybody take some shots to show off the draw distance?

Also for anybody that has played the ps2 and PC versions, when you chase a car on the Pc version does it still disappea or does the draw distance enable you to chase the car for longer?(catch up to it?)

ballistic said:
Can anybody take some shots to show off the draw distance?

Also for anybody that has played the ps2 and PC versions, when you chase a car on the Pc version does it still disappea or does the draw distance enable you to chase the car for longer?(catch up to it?)

Haven't run into that problem at all, the draw distance is pretty damn far if your computer can handle it (looks like it wont have a problem).

Anyone know if they figured out how to add cars, or possibly add Vice City addon cars into SA?

will i basically be able to run this mother at full everything?

see sig for my computer stats

By full everything I mean in 1024x768 resolution and with no AA on.... I dunno why but I don't really see a difference with AA on and off, well I do but its so little when I'm playing a game I don't even bother noticing. I'm more worried about fps.

Destonomos said:
will i basically be able to run this mother at full everything?

see sig for my computer stats

By full everything I mean in 1024x768 resolution and with no AA on.... I dunno why but I don't really see a difference with AA on and off, well I do but its so little when I'm playing a game I don't even bother noticing. I'm more worried about fps.

Of course...

Komataguri said:
Wait till you get to access a gym

How was that answering my question??? :rolleyes:

3WAYsplit said:

What am I supposed to do after I get my "haircut" ?? Where do I go after with "Ryder"??

My mx440 (64mb) handles this game flawlessly. It looks exactly like the sn posted on other sites. The only thing I don't have is aa, but i might actually try that. Very nice game.

Grr I'm stuck on the "Stealing from Uncle Sam" mission. Ryder keeps getting killed before I get all the crates.

ekorazn said:
My mx440 (64mb) handles this game flawlessly. It looks exactly like the sn posted on other sites. The only thing I don't have is aa, but i might actually try that. Very nice game.

Yah my 9100 seems to handle it just fine, it reminds me of max payne style graphics - not bad, but not specatacular. I wonder how much better it would look if i still had my 6800GT. :(

Anyway to make a point with this post: this is what I've been waiting for. I don't have a PS2, so I shut it out of my mind for the last 8 months, Rockstar really outdid themselves. This is one of the best games I've ever played. I hope the next one is bigger and better.

Long live GTA!!

cuemasterfl said:
Grr I'm stuck on the "Stealing from Uncle Sam" mission. Ryder keeps getting killed before I get all the crates.

you know you should jump out of the lift when you see hes gettin shot and kill the guys shooting him?

.... he cant kill shit. it takes him like 20 mins to kill 1 guy.

im stuck trying to find a fast car for that frst race...

lol get out of the freaking forklift and shoot the guys that are shooting him...then get back on and get the rest.. i had to stop twice but ryder never got hit..... later youll want that fucker dead anyway!!!

b1m2x3 said:
im stuck trying to find a fast car for that frst race...
dude the first race is easy just get any car. The one at catelina's<sp> hideout is ideal.

mastercheeze said:
Yah my 9100 seems to handle it just fine, it reminds me of max payne style graphics - not bad, but not specatacular. I wonder how much better it would look if i still had my 6800GT. :(

Anyway to make a point with this post: this is what I've been waiting for. I don't have a PS2, so I shut it out of my mind for the last 8 months, Rockstar really outdid themselves. This is one of the best games I've ever played. I hope the next one is bigger and better.

Long live GTA!!

Yea, and since I don't know how it looks on a 6800 Ultra, I don't feel like I'm missing anything spectacular. I feel as if I have the ultimate gaming machine :). Hopefully this feeling will last until i upgrade.

I am stuck on the mission where you gotta kill Jizzy and get his cell phone, I either end up blowing up his car and destroying him and his cell phone, or he drives off the damn cliff into the ocean.

I cant seem to get his car damaged enough to where he jumps out and starts running...

Possible spoilers below...

To anyone who has beaten the missions all the way through...I have a question. Do you ever go back to Groove St. again after you find out that Ryder and Smoke are traitors? Reason I'd like to know is because I spent a lot of time taking territory from the Ballas, and I'd like to know if my efforts were in vain.

End spoilers

Big Worm said:
I am stuck on the mission where you gotta kill Jizzy and get his cell phone, I either end up blowing up his car and destroying him and his cell phone, or he drives off the damn cliff into the ocean.

I cant seem to get his car damaged enough to where he jumps out and starts running...

well i parked a bike near the limo that is to the right of his pimp car and used that to chase jizzy and get the phone once you kill him.

fat_al said:
Possible spoilers below...

To anyone who has beaten the missions all the way through...I have a question. Do you ever go back to Groove St. again after you find out that Ryder and Smoke are traitors? Reason I'd like to know is because I spent a lot of time taking territory from the Ballas, and I'd like to know if my efforts were in vain.

End spoilers
lol. you havent even come close to a large amount of work.

ryanrule said:
lol. you havent even come close to a large amount of work.

whats he talking about? Ryder and Smokie arent on my radar anymore, I just did the mission of steal the sound van.

Well I didn't scan through the whole thread but in case nobody posted it yet here's some cheat codes for PC.

LXGIWYL = Weapon Set 1, Thug's Tools
KJKSZPJ = Weapon Set 2, Professional Tools
UZUMYMW = Weapon Set 3, Nutter Tools
HESOYAM = Health, Armor, $250k
OSRBLHH = Increase Wanted Level Two Stars
ASNAEB = Clear Wanted Level
AFZLLQLL = Sunny Weather
ICIKPYH = Very Sunny Weather
ALNSFMZO = Overcast Weather
AUIFRVQS = Rainy Weather
CFVFGMJ = Foggy Weather
YSOHNUL = Faster Clock
PPGWJHT = Faster Gameplay
LIYOAAY = Slower Gameplay
AJLOJYQY = Peds Attack Each Other, Get Golf Club
BAGOWPG = Have a bounty on your head
FOOOXFT = Everyone is armed
AIWPRTON = Spawn Rhino
CQZIJMB = Spawn Bloodring Banger
JQNTDMH = Spawn Rancher
PDNEJOH = Spawn Racecar
VPJTQWV = Spawn Racecar
AQTBCODX = Spawn Romero
KRIJEBR = Spawn Stretch
UBHYZHQ = Spawn Trashmaster
RZHSUEW = Spawn Caddy
CPKTNWT = Blow Up All Cars
XICWMD = Invisible car
PGGOMOY = Perfect Handling
SZCMAWO = Suicide
ZEIIVG = All green lights
YLTEICZ = Aggressive Drivers
LLQPFBN = Pink traffic
IOWDLAC = Black traffic
AFSNMSMW = Boats fly
BTCDBCB = Fat
JYSDSOD = Max Muscle
KVGYZQK = Skinny
ASBHGRB = Elvis is Everywhere
BGLUAWML = Peds Attack You With Weapons, Rocket Launcher
CIKGCGX = Beach Party
MROEMZH = Gang Members Everywhere
BIFBUZZ = Gangs Control the Streets
AFPHULTL = Ninja Theme
BEKKNQV = Slut Magnet
BGKGTJH = Traffic is Cheap Cars
GUSNHDE = Traffic is Fast Cars
RIPAZHA = Cars Fly
JHJOECW = Huge Bunny Hop
JUMPJET = Spawn Hydra
KGGGDKP = Spawn Vortex Hovercraft
JCNRUAD = Smash n' Boom
COXEFGU = All Cars Have Nitro
BSXSGGC = Cars Float Away When Hit
XJVSNAJ = Always Midnight
OFVIAC = Orange Sky 21:00
MGHXYRM = Thunderstorm
CWJXUOC = Sandstorm
LFGMHAL = Mega Jump
BAGUVIX = Infinite Health
CVWKXAM = Infinite Oxygen
AIYPWZQP = Have Parachute
YECGAA = Have Jetpack
AEZAKMI = Never Wanted
LJSPQK = Six Star Wanted Level
IAVENJQ = Mega Punch
AEDUWNV = Never Get Hungry
IOJUFZN = Riot Mode
PRIEBJ = Funhouse Theme
MUNASEF = Adrenaline Mode
WANRLTW = Infinite Ammo, No Reload
OUIQDMW = Full Weapon Aiming While Driving
THGLOJ = Reduced Traffic
FVTMNBZ = Traffic is Country Vehicles
SJMAHPE = Recruit Anyone (9mm)
BMTPWHR = Country Vehicles and Peds, Get Born 2 Truck Outfit
ZSOXFSQ = Recruit Anyone (Rockets)
OGXSDAG = Max Respect
EHIBXQS = Max Sex Appeal
VKYPQCF = Taxis Have Nitrous, L3 Bunny Hop
NCSGDAG = Hitman In All Weapon Stats
VQIMAHA = Max All Vehicle Skill Stats
OHDUDE = Spawn Hunter
AKJJYGLC = Spawn Quad
AMOMHRER = Spawn Tanker Truck
EEGCYXT = Spawn Dozer
URKQSRK = Spawn Stunt Plane
AGBDLCID = Spawn Monster

On the jizzy mission make sure you shoot out his tyres before you enter his building, then when you come out chasing him he cant drive for shit and its easy to take him out :)

Two questions:

1. What happens if your progress bar with Denise is maxed out? Is it worth it?

2. I saw a message saying that I could recruit five gang members to fight with me. How does this work out?

Select them with the crosshairs/targeter then press up on the D-Pad (on Xbox). I don't know about PC, sorry.

WSlyce said:
Well I didn't scan through the whole thread but in case nobody posted it yet here's some cheat codes for PC.

I strongly suggest not using codes.

If you use a code, Its saved to your game file and you won't be granted the perfect ending even if you work and gather everything for 100% ending.

Anyone having a problem with the throttle getting stuck while driving? I have the RMB set as my throttle and it gets stuck in the game all the time. I'd be tooling along a crowded street when suddenly the car would accelerate full throttle, clipping off light poles and mowing down pedestrians. It screwed me up time and time again until I discovered that a LMB tap stops it. It's still annoying as hell, though. Hopefully there's a fix.

That said, I'm still enjoying the game a lot (never played a GTA title before). The control scheme is so unlike the standard FPS-type games I generally play, though. The hybrid one I'm using is less-than-perfect. Anyone know where I can find a good suggested kb/mouse control setup for GTA:SA?

Well, I have to put the game away for now because I have deemed it impossible for me to progress any further because I cannot for the life of me fly that damn helicopter. its impossible to contol to damn thing. I'm gonna have to find someone who beat it on PS2 to come do that part for me, cause until then Im stuck :(.

Komataguri said:
I strongly suggest not using codes.

If you use a code, Its saved to your game file and you won't be granted the perfect ending even if you work and gather everything for 100% ending.
That's only if you save with cheats on. You can mess around all you want, just don't save with them on.

Just incase anyone else was having a hard time finding the controls for stoppies/wheelies....heh, its the up and down arrows on the keyboard. Vice City used the numberlock keys.

And as it relates to swimming, is there an easier way than holding down the dive button and pounding the spacebar to get him to swim? Man thats a pain in the ass.

Also, holding down capslock will give you the vicecity style aiming with the crosshair.

Naldo said:
Well, I have to put the game away for now because I have deemed it impossible for me to progress any further because I cannot for the life of me fly that damn helicopter. its impossible to contol to damn thing. I'm gonna have to find someone who beat it on PS2 to come do that part for me, cause until then Im stuck
frown.gif
what mission

Flying school = incredible headache. Gawd I hated those missions... the plane missions seem pretty tough too.

Back