Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

I got my copy yesterday and played for about 4 hrs. I got sucked into the "pimpin" submission and made a lil over 10K :)

Running on a AMD 3000, 1gig of 3200 with a 6800gt - runs flawlessly.

damn after i save the game it sounds like a chainsaw or something is on in CJ's head. but if you get into a car or bike and drive far enought it stops.

Fire truck mission is too easy, beat it first try, now my CJ will never know the pain of fire. Ambulance mission on the other hand ill wait till my driving skill gets better, its too hard...

Admit it, how many of you went with the afro haircut. I had to go with a high fade, just to keep CJ looking tight.

Right after my first save, I walked out the house and some random dude tried to ride off on my bike. He caught a bloody beatdown in the street. Some chick runs up and says "bettah yo' ass than mine"

I love the random dialog in this game.

"CJ MUTHERFUCKAH!"

ve39 said:
hrm i'll wait till some skins come out for this game i want to play a white guy

Man, that just wouldn't seem right. CJ as a white guy. To each his own, though. This game kicks so much ass. I love it.

planetary said:
Man, that just wouldn't seem right. CJ as a white guy. To each his own, though. This game kicks so much ass. I love it.

A ghetto speaking white guy with an afro - classic. :p

Heh, tried to play it for the first time today, it is crashing to desktop, so now I gotta find a fix before my day off is over. :confused:

polydiol said:
A ghetto speaking white guy with an afro - classic. :p

Be Cool

e.jpg

logan1 said:
QUESTION

how do you keep you sex appeal up in the game.

Depends on who you;re trying to attract.

Some girls like you blobby, some girls like you ripped like Adonis.

Generally, Clothes, Tattoos, Haircuts and the last vehicle you drive are your major influences, I think.

ve39 said:
hrm i'll wait till some skins come out for this game i want to play a white guy
um ... wtf?

im i the only one who sees this post as really ignorant?

Komataguri said:
Generally, Clothes, Tattoos, Haircuts and the last vehicle you drive are your major influences, I think.

kool thats what i was looking for, the factors that add into it.

thank

Bad_Boy said:
um ... wtf?

we all do, but we choose to keep this thread clean and free of flame wars.

Bad_Boy said:
um ... wtf?

Really, Its his game, who cares?

logan1 said:
kool thats what i was looking for, the factors that add into it.

thank

One of the biggest is the how you look, as in muscle tone. remember, Certain girls [ Namely, the major girlfriends that you can get ] Like you fat like albert.

Others want you lean and geeky.

And others still want you to work out in the gym until you are ripped like Adonis with your muscle and stamina at max.

Personally, When I played through...I went for the Adonis type, the extra stamina really helps when your running from cops, and the muscle rocks in hand to hand fights.

Komataguri said:
One of the biggest is the how you look, as in muscle tone. remember, Certain girls [ Namely, the major girlfriends that you can get ] Like you fat like albert.

Others want you lean and geeky.

And others still want you to work out in the gym until you are ripped like Adonis with your muscle and stamina at max.

Personally, When I played through...I went for the Adonis type, the extra stamina really helps when your running from cops, and the muscle rocks in hand to hand fights.

currently i have the max muscle and am working on the stamina. but does this mean i wont be able to get the girlfriends who like me fat.

polydiol said:
great game - but I had a question about swimming, after you submerge under water is it possible to swim forward underwater and how so?

Press Space to swim forward. It tells you that on the screen :)

This game is great. I saved myself for pc version and it was worth the wait. The graphics are much much better than VC. Nice story and atmosphere. But the default controls are screwed up. And we need a patch to fix some minor glitches but overall it's an awesome game. :)

logan1 said:
currently i have the max muscle and am working on the stamina. but does this mean i wont be able to get the girlfriends who like me fat.

As obvious as the answer is, I'll answer it anyways.

Yes

:p

Komataguri said:
As obvious as the answer is, I'll answer it anyways.

Yes

:p
well what i wanted to know was how it would hinder my progress in the game.

I want to know how good the aim is with the mouse?

Does it feels good or is it sloppy feeling?

ballistic said:
I want to know how good the aim is with the mouse?

Does it feels good or is it sloppy feeling?

its real easy to get sweet head shots with the mouse......

UltraJounin said:
I got sucked into the "pimpin" submission

Sounds like some sort of flamboyant wrestling move. Also known as the "Bitch betta have mah money!" Backbreaker.

I've got to hand it to Rockstar Games and Rockstar North, some of the best packaging i've seen for a game. Makes you feel like your hard earned money was spent well by buying this game. The manual is a hard-back book! I mean which publisher does anything like that these days for a big title. I'm very impressed and I haven't even finished installing the game yet ;)

You also receive a huge map that doubles as a poster, handy indeed.

logan1 said:
well what i wanted to know was how it would hinder my progress in the game.

it wont

Girlfriends are optional.

Like all the Tags in Los Santos, or the Oysters, or the Photoshots, or the Horse Shoes..

I'm waiting for an Asian CJ...

I mean come on, there was a white character, some italian character, and now a black dude. It's ASIA's turn next game. I will be pissed if they skipped us and went for the Indians, not that I hate them or anything.

Anyone else having the game randomly reboot the computer...
I played CS Source for 3 hours today rock stable not a hitch, but I play GTA: SA and it'll reboot after 1-30 minutes or so...

The next game should be GTA: Tokyo ....

And after that maybe GTA: global domination :)

The maps will be getting bigger and bigger, gameplay will increase 10fold...

and some other stuff will be cool

Finally got the game working, too bad it is too late to really play the game, guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to play it. Figured out my problem as to why it wasn't running though, apparently San Andreas doesn't like WindowsBlinds themes, since it causes the Gta_Sa.exe file to close a couple of seconds after execution before entering the game. So in case anyone else has a similar issue with the game closing immediately after starup, that might be the cause of the problem.

ekorazn said:
I'm waiting for an Asian CJ...

I mean come on, there was a white character, some italian character, and now a black dude. It's ASIA's turn next game. I will be pissed if they skipped us and went for the Indians, not that I hate them or anything.
Teh Mexicans get no respect.

i forsee them maybe coming out with one more game and then going to the mmorpg.... i would so pick up the mmorpg if they made one.... think of it. Have illegal drag races and cities all over the world u can fly, walk/drive/swim/ride a boat to and make guilds (gangs/mobs) and run parts of the city and have buisnesses and set up warehouses for u'r gang to stake out and shit. It would be hella cool and u know it, u'r just mad u didn't think of the idea first.... i'm been saying this is the most badass idea ever for about 2 years now lol.

This is the first game I have ever spent $50 on, and it was worth every cent, and I have not even completed a mission yet. I can't keep from beating people down for their stuff. When I go with Ryder to the barber shop, then what do I do? I know it is a dumb question probably

Thanks!!

BUD212002,

I think that just teaches you how to go get a haircut, it's not a part of the story or plot to my knowledge. When you begin the game it shows you all the different things you can do and where to do them, this is just one of the ways you can personalise CJ.

You go inside, walk into the red marker, get a haircut you can afford, accept it, walk out. Simple. Later you get to go shopping for clothes. :)

Back