Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Anyone getting "fake artifacts"?...thats the best way I can describe it. Its sorta like the same problem vice city had, where periodically you'll be able to see what looks like thin white lines with small dots along the lines where textures meet. Usually on buildings.

Played with the keyboard exclusively so far, headshots are cake. But for driving the vehicals around town I am considering switching to my PS2 controller....I wish it had an option for keyboard/mouse/controller all at once :(

ryanrule said:
thats how it was for ps2

But remember, everything had to be cut down and low res. So I guess that would save space. Now that everything is higher res and better quality, it's nice that it's all on one dvd.

ekorazn said:
I'm waiting for an Asian CJ...

I mean come on, there was a white character, some italian character, and now a black dude. It's ASIA's turn next game. I will be pissed if they skipped us and went for the Indians, not that I hate them or anything.
or even better, before begining the game they should allow you choosing the character you want.

QUESTION

when you want to take over another gangs territory do you just walk in and start shooting em or do you have to wait for the game to show a attack icon on you map.

hope that makes sence.

Question.

Can the camera angle be "fixed" to stay in the back of the vehicle and the person? I remembered in Vice City that I was able to play it that way.

Im using mouse and keyboard and everytime I move the mouse its totally changing the camera view especially when I get out of a vehicle, it starts as a close up and I need to scroll the mouse to move the camera out. :(

Im not sure if it can be done, maybe I just got used to it in Vice City and eventually that will happen in San Andreas...

logan1 said:
QUESTION

when you want to take over another gangs territory do you just walk in and start shooting em or do you have to wait for the game to show a attack icon on you map.

hope that makes sence.

If another gang controls that area, kill 4 of them and the war will start.

Borgschulze said:
Anyone else having the game randomly reboot the computer...
I played CS Source for 3 hours today rock stable not a hitch, but I play GTA: SA and it'll reboot after 1-30 minutes or so...

Borg,

I am having the same problem. The game is randomly rebooting after 1-30 mins. Everything runs fine and then boom...reboot.

Anyone else suffering from this?

Randolfini said:
Borg,

I am having the same problem. The game is randomly rebooting after 1-30 mins. Everything runs fine and then boom...reboot.

Anyone else suffering from this?

Any word from Rockstar yet?

tronmaster said:
Question.

Can the camera angle be "fixed" to stay in the back of the vehicle and the person? I remembered in Vice City that I was able to play it that way.

Im using mouse and keyboard and everytime I move the mouse its totally changing the camera view especially when I get out of a vehicle, it starts as a close up and I need to scroll the mouse to move the camera out. :(

Im not sure if it can be done, maybe I just got used to it in Vice City and eventually that will happen in San Andreas...

im wondering about this too... i hate how it controls now.

Aaron_ATX said:
If another gang controls that area, kill 4 of them and the war will start.

You ahve to be standing inside the territory before you do that.

Or you won't trigger a gang war. This is particularly annoying around the Skate Park, because the gang members only appear outside the fence for the most part...and from the fence to the edge of the territory is mighty thin.

SPOILER

WOW the guys from GTA 3 shows up in SA. I was just so shocked.
:D

Just got the game today and I'm also experiencing some problems. I was able to play about 4 hours straight, after a short break after a save :) and the game crashed on me giving me an error in the GTASA exe. I retarted the game from my last save point (lost 4 hours worth of gaming :( ) and the game froze on me about 15 minutes in. My HD was heavily defragged so it could be that, I guess I'll start saving after every mission now.

I can play the games Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and Swat 4 without any problems so I don't think it's my machine.

The game runs great for me at highest detail on 1920x1440 2xAA and 16xAF.

I have a save file with all three cities open to roam freely if anyone wants them. I also have some pics @ 1920x1440 with 2xAA and 16xAF. Just post or PM/IM me if you want either.

Here is the save file. Right-click here and save.

I have graphics problems that made me drop the quality to 800x600x16- if I set the graphics higher than that the pedestrians all vanish! Makes a firefight a wee bit more difficult.

My graphics card is an old dog, yes- an 8500- but I would have expected something more subtle as an error.

Damn, i was excited as heck to get this for PC, now it's very annoying to control (the camera moving too slowly when i get in a car etc). And it's hard to set it up like PS2 style controls on my Logitech dual action, since some of the button commands seem different on PC, and the game won't let me map shit to the dpad.

ARGG. It seems cool, but I can't seem to handle the bicycle with my keyboard (it's just not fun).

diehard said:
Teh Mexicans get no respect.
They're in every frickin GTA, or at least since 3. If it makes you better, it was a mexican that put nos in my lowrider...even though I failed that mission.

yea i have the same rebooting proble, thought it was my overclocking so i went to default and seems to be fine now, also anyone kno where to get the 100% save game?

BBowermaster said:
Damn Best Buy here claimed it didn't come in on the trucks last night and won't be in til Thursday Yet they had the shelves cleared for it. I bet they put it on the shelves yesterday. Not to mention they all have no clue what is going on in their department. :mad: If it wasn't for these gift cards, I'd get it elsewhere.

Negative. My Best Buy didn't receive their shipment for it as well as CompUSA. Gamestop had it though.

ekorazn said:
They're in every frickin GTA, or at least since 3. If it makes you better, it was a mexican that put nos in my lowrider...even though I failed that mission.
for the race?? u dont need nos. use a voodoo i think it is. much better than other low riders, its somewhat controllable.

Well digging around to find a resolution to my random restarts I came across this thread at gtaforums.com:

GTA San Andreas Troubleshooting

I have a P4 3GHZ with onboard sound...this may be the issue. So I am going to update the drivers if possible.

If anyone stumbles across anything else let us know!

To anyone that's having crashes for gt_sa.exe check to see you have the latest sound drivers. I dl'ed and installed tha latest audio package from Nvidia for my onboard sound and the game seems to play ok now.

PLZ HELP I CANT MOUSE LOOK WHEN IM IN A CAR!!!
i cant look around at all no matter what buttons i push!!! im stuck on a side view and it wont fucking change i cant drive anything in this fucking game!!

I also experience that thing once in a while.. only way to solve it is to hit esc to look at the menu then go back ingame...

anyway I am stuck the dancing and lowrider jumping mission

only way to advance in the story is to do those damn
lol any one have a saved game after one or both of those

I dont like at all those mission

i had that problem with the camera rotating when in a car and not staying still.....i was using my flight stick because of the programable buttons on it for the gym (i don't realy want to destroy my keyboard with button mashing) and the wandering around reminded me of what happens sometimes in flight sim when the joystick isnt calibrated right, anyway i unpluged it and my problem went away.

I havnt expereienced any of these problems people speak of I guess im lucky.

Im running an

A64 3000+ @ 2.6 ghz
Kingston Hyper X Pc3500 2 x 256
BFG 6600 GT OC
Epox 9NDA3+
Fortron Blue STorm 500 watt psu

GL to all of you and this game rocks!

Solved the problem. You have to update your audio drivers. This may be more complicated than you think, because Windows Update didn't do it automatically for me.

I have an nForce2 motherboard, so I had to:
- Go to nvidia.com
- Click on Download Drivers
- Click on Platform > Audio Driver Package
- Download it
- Unzip it
- Go to device manager (Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager)
- Click View > Show Hidden Devices
- Click on Sound
- Double Click on anything beginning with "Nvidia"
- Tell it you have the drivers and know where to look
- Aim at the unzipped folder
- Do that for all of the Nvidia devices in the Sound section
- Restart

WTF is up with the controls in this game? The lazy-eyed camera and dodgy controls will keep me from buying this game. It's also a little too blacktastic for my tastes. I don't need to hear "!!!!!!" every 6 seconds. :rolleyes:

Definately not a purchasable game IMO. Glad a friend bought it. Yuck.

I love the game, but I don't like all the cussing. I have to play with headphones on all the time so no one else hears it. I wish they had put a expletive filter in there ("Shut up you *beep* *beep*").

roninblade said:
yea i hate the lowrider and dancing missions, anyone have any tips?
you want to use a specific car for the lowrider mission. look in a walkthough. the dance is just tapping buttons its easy.

i love this game. it is so much fun. i learned the hard way to save after each mission.

does anyone know how to view all of your skills? like driving and bikes.

cr3am said:
Solved the problem. You have to update your audio drivers. This may be more complicated than you think, because Windows Update didn't do it automatically for me.

I have an nForce2 motherboard, so I had to:
- Go to nvidia.com
- Click on Download Drivers
- Click on Platform > Audio Driver Package
- Download it
- Unzip it
- Go to device manager (Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager)
- Click View > Show Hidden Devices
- Click on Sound
- Double Click on anything beginning with "Nvidia"
- Tell it you have the drivers and know where to look
- Aim at the unzipped folder
- Do that for all of the Nvidia devices in the Sound section
- Restart

Better yet, just goto Add/Remove, select Nvidia drivers then remove audio drivers. Upon reboot it automatically asks you for new audio drivers. Just point to where you unzipped to new drivers.

BTW, no crashes in GTA since I've used the new drivers!

With all 3 island? Damn, I thought the game was huge and I HAVEN'T EVEN EXPLORED EVERYWHERE on the "first island."

i'm loving this game, but i got a problem:

it will crash and reboot my computer constantly. i thought cooling, but, i have a bigass vga cooler (artic rev 3) on and 2 case fans + the ac is on.

whats the deal?

Back