Gran Turismo

Nevermind. TV was messed up. I think the rear projection LCD is getting a tad long in the tooth...

Is there any reason the shifter on my g27 is not working but the light on it is on and the buttons work? I can't get the car to go into reverse using the stick. Apparently the top black button is reverse. How do i fix this?

My G25 works fine with reverse. I didn't have to set up or change any settings to get it to work.

I was having some weird issues with my Driving Force Pro wheel. But after a 3rd reboot of the game it finally worked right. Still couldn't map the shift up and down buttons on the stock PS3 controller either. Kind of weird. Also I played the very first 3races and got gold and did the very first license test and got gold.

So what's the deal with upgrades just showing a HP increase? The tuning is a bit outdated I think also compared to how Forza does it. Lowering a car with no picture and in increments of some random negative numbers? And what's with choosing English/miles as units but the car stats are still in metric. The AI is super annoying with the premium Honda I bought with no addons. The AI would just drive behind and ram me until I would spin off the road.

There are some other issues graphics wise that are already mentioned on here. I am a little disappointed in the game as I played the first Japanese version on my PS my freshman year of college and since then have been a huge fan of the GT series. So right now I am a little shocked that GT5 didn't just destroy Forza 3.

I am curious how this whole unlocking the real simulation part of the game works. As I am reading how the car's chasis can be damaged by $400k without you knowing it until damage is unlocked and magically the car will now suck to drive. Something just seems so wrong about that.

One thing I like so far is that I feel like the actual driving feels better than Forza. But I can't tell if it feels more realistic until I can drive some cars that I have owned. I felt like Forza 3 got it pretty close to the real thing along with sound.

All in all the game really does feel unfinished. Nothing to do with the standard cars, but more like the awful load times, the weird way that the game needs to check the network before it can load certain menus, and the clunky interface.

In the end it is pretty nice to be able to choose between Forza 3 and GT5.

i don't know about all the little complaints, but when i started playing today i had a goofy grin on face after finishing a race, doesn't happen with many games.

Yeah it's certainly not perfect (maybe 8/8.5 out of 10) but I'm really enjoying myself. Everyone needs to remember this is going to be a living game. Some of this stuff is going to get fixed over the, presumably ~5 years it takes to make 6. I know Kaz said the next one would be out quicker, but nobody here was born yesterday, right?

Everyone needs to remember this is going to be a living game. Some of this stuff is going to get fixed over the, presumably ~5 years it takes to make 6.

I remember hearing that about GT5P back when it came out :p PD live in their own little world, goodness knows what they'll do with it.

How many cars are available in arcade mode? Im not one for serious driving, i just want to drive some beautiful cars!

Yeah I played B-Spec, it is really weird. I like the idea but I feel like there should be training on how to use it effectively

I pre-ordered the CE a few months ago, and apparently EB didn't get enough to cover all pre-orders. GREAAAAAAAT.

I still don't have my copy, allegedly it's shipped but that's meaningless to me until it's sat installing.

haha i love the pre order car i got when i pre ordered the game ,i smoke the competition in the beggining races.

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Stealth Model

ive waiting for this game for so long....what would be a good steering wheel for this

I'm still disappointed that there's no leader boards yet for time trial, but they DID claim they will implement them in.....I just hope it's not on the back burner. I live for ranked time trials!

edit:
ive waiting for this game for so long....what would be a good steering wheel for this

I've been using the Logitech G27, although it strapped up to a dinner table (hoping for a better solution soon) I absolutely love it.

How many cars are available in arcade mode? Im not one for serious driving, i just want to drive some beautiful cars!

theres plenty of cars to choose from, it starts out with really slow on the left and make your way to the right and you'll have these cars to choose from: (off the top of my head)
'07 Evo
'09 WRX STi
Lexus ISF
'10 Camaro SS
'08 Challenger SRT8
Lambo Gallardo
Ferrari F40
Nissan GTR
a bunch of Japanese GT500 cars
and the last car, and fastest of all the arcade cars is than Zonda R

also check out the 14mile straightish track, its in city courses and the fireworks are phenomenal because its a midnight track.

Here's info on the head tracking.

httxxx://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5s-head-tracking-explained/

Head tracking if unfortunately only available in Arcade mode at the moment. But PD has confirmed it will be added to other modes in an upcoming patch.

As funny as it sounds, GT5 isn't quite complete and they definitely pushed it out the door sooner to make the Holiday season. It's pretty clear that Yamauchi's ambitions were greater than Sony would allow, and they had to cut him off at some point. The premium models, for example, are just far more detailed than the PS3 can render in real-time, outside of Photo Mode. This is great news for following GTs though, as much of the groundwork is there, even for the next generation of systems.

I honestly think they just bit off more then they could handle in a short amount of time.

I honestly think they just bit off more then they could handle in a short amount of time.

short amount of time ?? lmfao. i have a 61" 1080p tv and the game doesnt look that hot, i think everyone cheering about the graphics must have a smaller set or something. the interior looks very jaggy and low res. not to mention the horrible shadows, ive been a gt guy since the first one, it feels like a gutted gt3 or gt4 to me. lack of parts, etc. The game is good, but not incredible, heres to hoping for a patch to fix some of these issues.

short amount of time ?? lmfao. i have a 61" 1080p tv and the game doesnt look that hot, i think everyone cheering about the graphics must have a smaller set or something. the interior looks very jaggy and low res. not to mention the horrible shadows, ive been a gt guy since the first one, it feels like a gutted gt3 or gt4 to me. lack of parts, etc. The game is good, but not incredible, heres to hoping for a patch to fix some of these issues.

Thank god im not the only one to notice, i havnt bought the game yet because i refuse to wait in lines and shit, but from reviews/gameplay footage ive seen, im starting to become very dissapointed :-(

first off, how terrible the interiors look. this is especially annoying to me because thats how i like my view, from the inside.

the SOUNDS. am i alone in how shitty the cars sound?

the non premium cars - I mean, seriously? I know the ps3 is starting to age, but these are inexcusable for the amount of time that has gone into this game.

The driving characteristics of the cars are fantastic in my opinion. However, the jaggies and screen tearing are pretty pathetic considering the amount of time we have waited for this game. 60 inch 1080p LED LCD here, and I sit close with a playseat and a G25 wheel, so I may notice more than those with smaller sets and sit further away.

Would have liked some better screeching and power sliding sounds, too.

I feel the same about the graphics. My roommate got GT5 and the driving force GT wheel.

We played on the 42" HDTV in our living room in 1080p. The cars look very washed out and the textures are the standard low res crap that consoles have. The interior shadows are really really low res and look like a staircase.

The wheel is kind of meh. I hate the very unrealistic jerky 'feedback' it gives. That's just not how a steering wheel works in real life. Might as well not implement that feature as opposed to making it a random shitshow.

A shame that Forza 3 looks better than GT5
I don't know about that. It certainly has better performance, but the premium cars are glorious in GT5. I saw it put well by a poster on another thread.

GT5 can look VERY bad at times. My first race was a shock. Shadows flickering everywhere, disappearing, being rendered in stripes, in blocks..i honestly thought my ps3 gpu was frying. Rain. Nowhere near what i expected from the videos. Windshield becomes a pixelated mess, water being kicked up by cars in front of me turn everything into a 320x240 fest. Fog is ugly. My fist car was a Yaris (or whatever it's called in Japan). Thought Fm3 cockpits were flat and ugly ? wait till you see this. It's honestly a lot worse than the same car in fm3.

But it can also look incredibly good with the right cars and in the right conditions. I was hoping i wouldn't have to avoid certain cars and tracks like i did in fm3 to make the game look good, but there's an even bigger lack of consistency here.

Fm3 can look bad at times. GT5 can look much worse.
Fm3 can look pretty at times. GT5 can look much better.

this game has some of the worse shadows/effects ive ever seen. when u run though smoke, the edges of the car turns blocky as hell, creates the steps pattern. kaz f'ed up big time with this game

I don't know about that. It certainly has better performance, but the premium cars are glorious in GT5. I saw it put well by a poster on another thread.

With my eyes and playing the two games side by side, I stand by my statement. Some cars look amazing, but overall fm3 has better graphics.

how do you make a standard car not standard so i can change wheels on a standard car

You can't... short of PD releasing some DLC which makes that particular standard car a premium.

Back