GPU stock numbers

goodrob

Limp Gawd
I am wondering if anyone knows is there public data available to show things like NV or AMD sold x number of cards? for example NV sold 5,432 3080 GPUs. Or even better broken down to the retailer as an example Newegg sold 3 Asus 3060ti, 4 AMD 6800xt, 1 EVGA 3090 and so on? They may not have ever published numbers like this in the past, or possibly maybe it is not possible or even allowed to report such things? . It may be things like this are lumped together in quarterly earnings reports and not broken down into granular detail for the public to see. Again just wondering.

Given the crunch, I'm guessing numbers will be even harder to come by (at least for free). The best we can get are analysts who give small spicy tidbits that all come down to "buy my $5k-$10k report to see more details about my 'research'".

Steam survey updates slowly (and people without any knowledge of stats will complain that it is using samples and not a 100% count).

ShopBLT has a bunch on order and are expecting them ~14 Dec 2020. You can pre-order 6800XTs now through them.

Given the crunch, I'm guessing numbers will be even harder to come by (at least for free). The best we can get are analysts who give small spicy tidbits that all come down to "buy my $5k-$10k report to see more details about my 'research'".
makes sense. I guess if the PR about "paper launches" were to ever actually affect these companies they might be a little more forward with such data. I can see good and bad about releasing such numbers publicly and am i am sure the companies weigh it on which would help profits if have any effect at all.

I'd love to know WHO they sold them too. Right now it seems like everyone is exerting leverage on the gaming sector, from scalpers, to ethereum mining farms, to pc manufacturers like Dell. Seems like if you want a 3090 it's either pay a scalper or buy an Alienware for $3100 usd.

I'd love to know WHO they sold them too. Right now it seems like everyone is exerting leverage on the gaming sector, from scalpers, to ethereum mining farms, to pc manufacturers like Dell. Seems like if you want a 3090 it's either pay a scalper or buy an Alienware for $3100 usd.
that would be that granular level stuff I am not sure if Nvidia or AMD would ever provide. If they said we sold 100 to HP and 5k to Dell, then those companies might start having issues with them for distribution. But if they could just say hey we shipped 10k units to USA, 5k to Mexico, etc that would be nice information to have. or if the retailers could say we receieved x number of y models that would be nice as well.

One metric I've found of directional value are those like the number of new reviews posted per day. For example I've been watching the 3080 FE on bestbuy.com for some time and have noticed a somewhat steady increase of ~1 to 3 new reviewers per day. None of us can translate that into number of cards sold. However I can use my own intuition (flaws and all) to guess that maybe 1 out of 20 purchasers will post a review, and therefore maybe 20 to 60 cards distribute per day. Yeah, I could be off by multiple orders of magnitude, but it at least gives me something to start wrapping my mind around. This also doesn't seem too inconsistent with the other metric I have, of our local chain (Central Computers) which maintains an in-store wait list and based on that seems to get maybe 5-10 3080s per week. They have 5 locations in the SF Bay Area and are a Microcenter equivalent.

Back