GPU client running, should I turn off CPU client?

wurmy

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
383
My apologies, it's probably been asked before, but I'm recovering from injuries and have just started folding with a ATI 2600, and a dual-core AMD.

In general, do I get better results running both, or just the GPU client?

Thanks in advance for replies!
 
Run the GPU, and run a standard single client, and you will be fine.

Hope all goes well with the recovery, and don't worry on the questions. That is why we are here.

Fold on, fold [H]ard!

PS, make sure the vid card will finish the WU by the pref deadline. You might be right on the line with that card.

 
Yeah, I suggest you do as Kendrak says. On a dual-core AMD CPU, you probably don't have enough CPU grunt to handle an SMP client and a GPU client, so you'd be best off sticking to a uniprocessor client on one core and the GPU client set to the other core. You should also consider locking each of the clients to a specific core to maximise your performance (the instructions should be in one of the guides).
 
Back
Top