Got my Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37" 1080p display today!

thanks bro..I'm just waiting for samsclub to restock and then i'm pulling the trigger :-D Hope your westy comes perfect..

I totally agree on its the best thing on the market for 1080p right now.. because it fits a great role for dvd/hd dvd/consoles and as a PC monitor.. 32 is a good size but.. I remember seeing the 37s and was like.. man thats the perfect size for a small -medium size room.. it still feels "big".. the 32 was a lot like a 27-30" 4:3 tube tv.. and it wasn't as impressive as I'd liked.

Fortunately for me, my RCA 32 started dying... While I really liked the tv.. 8 months into owning it it would overheat and shut itself off.. and sometimes back on.. some mild back light bleeding.. and sometimes the panel would take like 30 seconds to come on.. and walmart stood behind it and gave me a card with the balance.. so now I can order from sams and get a westy!!. 5" upgrade and upgrade from 720 to 1080p.. I couldn't be happier right now.. lest sams immediately gets them in stock and I didn't have summer courses at my University lol. :)
Wow, Walmart treated u real fine..
You'r gonna be real happy with buying your Westy from SamsClub,
I was getting ready to hop into chariot and motor across border to Sam's Store until this costco sale came on.
But Sam will also give you equally-fine service and liberal 100% refund -----and refund your freight cost too if u aint happy.
BTW, I don't yet have an "Order Confirmed" e-mail, but we're in the big national weekend holidays------"Memorial Day".

BTW again, I wonder if Sam or Costco (which claims to be "Global network of 400 warehouses") will ship to our Canadian buddies or Euro buddies?
Haven't we seen complaints here or at AVS Forum, by some of their gamers, that Westy-37 is not yet in their markets?

:D Hey, now about those cussed University "summer classes" you hafta take (what a drag).
Here's a remedy........Just keep yer shiny new Westy-37 fired up, right next to you and when u get tired of reading :mad: dull dead textbooks :mad: ------ :D grab mouse and do some fast fragging in Stalker .... Oblivion ......WOW............. :D cheers

haha zak, yeah I wonder about other countries too.. I know germany is down on holiday now as well.., cant wait for those westys to come back in stock.. I'm checking several times a day :-p Hoping Sam's get some before newegg :-D

Hi all, long time reader, first time poster :cool:

Im from the UK and one of the only places that ships internationally is
http://www.bhphotovideo.com

They got theirs up for $1099 atm +$350 S&H, oh and 14% import tax + 17.5% V.A.T..... , so nothing compared to Costco's price :mad:

kinda sucks with hardly anyone wanting to ship internationally, some guy wanted to sell me his for around 1500 Euros on here, but im sure he must have been kidding ryt?!!!

Don't suppose anyone fancies shipping one over here via costco and put it down as a gift so i can dodge those nasty import charges.

Someone could make themselves a pretty penny doing that :rolleyes: *hint* *hint* lol

Hi all, long time reader, first time poster :cool:

Im from the UK and one of the only places that ships internationally is
http://www.bhphotovideo.com

They got theirs up for $1099 atm +$350 S&H, oh and 14% import tax + 17.5% V.A.T..... , so nothing compared to Costco's price :mad:

kinda sucks with hardly anyone wanting to ship internationally, some guy wanted to sell me his for around 1500 Euros on here, but im sure he must have been kidding ryt?!!!

Don't suppose anyone fancies shipping one over here via costco and put it down as a gift so i can dodge those nasty import charges.

Someone could make themselves a pretty penny doing that :rolleyes: *hint* *hint* lol

I'm sure someone would do it for you if you had some good heatware/ebay feedback.. other than that you might have a tough time convincing someone unless the $$ comes upfront. We have far too many scammers in the US unfortunately, and it ruins the trust for people like yourself. Goodluck!

Btw that offer doesn't seem to unreasonable .. those prices you are quoting are american prices.. after all your taxes it comes to 1940.93.. which is 1455.70 Euros.
So 1500 Euros is about what it would cost.. he would simply be making 50 euros off of you for the hassle I guess.

............... some guy wanted to sell me his for around 1500 Euros on here, but im sure he must have been kidding ryt?!!! ......
Hi Thunder, a warm welcome, to [H]ard Forums !
I'm sorry to hear the beauracrats mess things up so badly with their outrageous taxes --------it seems bureaucrats on both sides of Atlantic love to rob us :mad: .
BTW, who is this guy who's offering to sell Westy-37 to you? Do you know him?
I'd love to see you get one, but please heed Weenis' advice to move cautiously if you don't know the person. Good luck, fellow-gamer !! .:)

How well protected is Westy's screen in the shipping carton?
Thanks to tough foam corners, it won't be rattling around inside the box, but there's little to protect against a broadside hit puncturing the outer box and poking through the couple inches of dead air to damage the screen. Mine had a large gash in the box and a small scuff on the screen, but I ordered from Newegg and had no recourse after I accepted it; fortunately, the "damage" is all but invisible under normal light and can't be seen at all when the monitor is in use, so I'm really not upset about it. Just be cautious about any big holes in the sides. Don't count on there being internal packing material (other than a thin foam film) to protect things.

Is there a better monitor driver for the LVM-37W3 than the plug and play driver? In 1080p resolution, when I scroll up and down in a text window, I get this "shimmer". In other words, 2d animations suck. Things are fine in other resolutions.

Thanks to tough foam corners, it won't be rattling around inside the box, but there's little to protect against a broadside hit puncturing the outer box and poking through the couple inches of dead air to damage the screen......
wow, Sane, that's what I'm afraid of-------damage to Westy's panel-face. Thanks for the info.
Luckily, mine's coming from vendor who'll take it back.
btw, how's your Westy in games? Any advice for me? Thanks.

Is there a better monitor driver for LVM-37W3 than plug/play driver?
In 1080p res, when I scroll up and down in text window, I get "shimmer".......
Sounds like video card.
To smoothly drive a huge 37" screen's 2Million+ pixels at high 1080P rez------requires a fine Video card capable of pumping-out some serious pixelpower.
Is yours a modern card and with latest drivers? What model how many MB?

Radeon X800 XT PE. I was a bit behind on my catalyst drivers. Plugging in the 7.4 drivers seems to have helped. We'll see how long this lasts. It has improved before... then 3 days ago, the problem re-emerged.

wow, Sane, that's what I'm afraid of-------damage to Westy's panel-face. Thanks for the info.
Luckily, mine's coming from vendor who'll take it back.
btw, how's your Westy in games? Any advice for me? Thanks.

My Westy came with a 2 foot gash on the panel side of the box.... good thing there was no panel damage or I would've been so pissed.

Good luck with your delivery.

Radeon X800 XT PE. I was a bit behind on my catalyst drivers. Plugging in the 7.4 drivers seems to have helped. We'll see how long this lasts. It has improved before... then 3 days ago, the problem re-emerged.

Go into your ATI control panel and make sure its running at 1080p and not 1080i (I'd direct you where but alas I've not owned ATI since the late 1990s.. It sounds like what some other people have said on nVidia boards.. Other than that I could only imagine that you're sensitive to response time.. if you try scrolling text slowly in a window.. its going to shimmer ( try turning cleartype off too ).. even on CRT's when you scroll text shimmers.. people just don't notice it until they look for it .. ie. when they get a new LCD.

I just bought a VGA cable for my 360. I pluggd itin the VGA port and its actually worse than component. It's blurry and colors are very very washed out.

Is it my TV?

I just bought a VGA cable for my 360. I pluggd itin the VGA port and its actually worse than component. It's blurry and colors are very very washed out.

Is it my TV?

make sure that the resolution in the 360 panel didn't get reset to default when you plugged in the VGA cable.

Is it my TV?

Are you using a decent quality VGA cable? Also, have you downloaded the Spring update for the 360? You really shouldn't have to tweak the VGA setting very much for an optimal picture on the Westy.

I just got a 47" today to compliment my 42". Looks amazing. No dead pixels at all. A true marvel. No wonder these things are so hard to find at retailers. If these are on display no one would ever buy the more expensive models.

Does anyone here have a sam's club membership that can contact them for me and ask them when they will have the LVM-37W3 back in (sams appends an HD to the end of it btw).. would appreciate it :)

but it's the 720p/1080i one.. still and all, a super nice DVD/TV set..

this 47 looks like a winner also.. whew. would make a nice set for the home theater.. with a 6 to 10 foot viewing distance..

It appears that the component inputs on my LVM-37w3 have spontaneously broken sometime in the last 5 months. I tried connecting both my Nintendo Wii and Xbox 360 to it via component cables, and the picture is extremely bright (to the point that the Wii startup screen appears as nearly solid white) and the colors are messed up. Could this be related to the buzzing sound that my display emits nearly constantly?

Don't know if your still under warranty or not but my first thought is to give Westinghouse tech a call. I could mention a bunch of checks you're probably already familiar with so I'll save the space.

Good luck and let us know the outcome....:)

Don't know if your still under warranty or not but my first thought is to give Westinghouse tech a call. I could mention a bunch of checks you're probably already familiar with so I'll save the space.

Should get mine by the end of next week hopefully 7-10 business days....:(

Good luck and let us know the outcome....:)

1 year warranty from Westinhouse so give them a call should be under warranty until Dec. 2007..

Good for you!! May take a while maybe not but they will have to make it right.

Also, if you orderd it using a credit card it may be covered for an additional year as well by the issuer of the card.

Thanks, TEK. I've already been in contact with Westinghouse about the buzzing sound, so maybe I won't have to wait too long.

So costco shipped my westy LVM-37W3... however, they did not tell me which carrier they used nor did they give me a tracking number... wtf? How am i supposed to know which day to stay home and receive my baby? :(

Anyone else have this issue?

Mine shipped today as well....no tracking number either but I'm going to look for it to arrive either Thursday or Friday being that I live close to a main hub for both UPS and Fed EX...just north of Indy.....I'm really thinking Friday will be the day for me.

For those that ordered from Costco over the weekend - check your orders. Tracking information is now available if it showed shipped earlier today.

Thanks for the info.....shipped tonight from Ontario, Cali....I could be looking at Monday for delivery considering she's got a long, bumpy ride from Cali. Is one of Neweggs distro centers in Ontario, Cali?? Ordeed mine from Costco. Yes, estimated delivery is Monday 6/4/07 UPS Ground

Either I'm going to have to take off work, pick it up at UPS in Indy, or hope it comes after 3:30pm.

Shipped here also with delivery date of the 4th

Now to decide to keep it for dual/laptop monitor on the side of the 2nd desk or to return the one from Sams and save about 300-350 for the price savings - the wife may have a fit when I hook them up to "test"

I have been looking through this thread and I remember somebody talking about which cables you needed to get to be able to hook up your computer, but I couldn't find it so which cables would I need to be able to hook up

My laptop to this TV.

The laptop does have a DVI connection

www.monoprice.com

I have been looking through this thread and I remember somebody talking about which cables you needed to get to be able to hook up your computer, but I couldn't find it so which cables would I need to be able to hook up

My laptop to this TV.

The laptop does have a DVI connection

www.monoprice.com

For the video signal, all you need is a dvi (to dvi) cable. If you want audio, you'll probably need this cable: http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...&cs_id=1021804&p_id=666&seq=1&format=2&style=...which has a headphone jack on one end and two rca plugs on the other end

Supposing I want to hook my couple year old widescreen Toshi laptop up to this TV... would it be better to use VGA -> VGA or VGA -> Component. I see tons of cables that break out into component connections. I thought VGA was actually better than component, but which would be better for this TV?

Supposing I want to hook my couple year old widescreen Toshi laptop up to this TV... would it be better to use VGA -> VGA or VGA -> Component. I see tons of cables that break out into component connections. I thought VGA was actually better than component, but which would be better for this TV?

Stick with a VGA-VGA cable. However, if you're getting strange things going on, upgrade the VGA cable at www.monoprice.com. Alternately, the best option is DVI dual link, also get that cable from www.monoprice.com

Yea, I wish I had DVI... laptop is a couple years old and only has Intel integrated graphics. I'm really only going to use the Westy for FlashMX though, so I think I should be able to push it well enough for that. New laptop /w DVI is the next upgrade.

Well I've also been a prowler of this forum since January. I've read every post and been waiting for a reasonable price to pull the trigger. I read the post here that said they were selling it at Costco and ordered it right away. I live in Norcal and tracking says it will be here tomorrow (Thursday). I will be using it for my everyday monitor, media center 2005, and HD from my comcast cable. I will be pushing this monitor with a 6800 so not too excited about gaming but hopefully will be able to upgrade shortly.

Back