Got my Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37" 1080p display today!

Crap, this thing looks nice. I might get this instead of a 24" PC monitor. Where can I get it cheap?

reductant said:
Crap, this thing looks nice. I might get this instead of a 24" PC monitor. Where can I get it cheap?

please, dear god, do not read any of the last 20 pages, they might actually have some valuable information. I get that your time is valuable and may not have the urge to read some of the pages before hand, but so is ours and we have.

Ladicius said:
please, dear god, do not read any of the last 20 pages, they might actually have some valuable information. I get that your time is valuable and may not have the urge to read some of the pages before hand, but so is ours and we have.
:confused:

Most online retailers are out of stock until next year I believe. But the two most popular are JR.com and crutchfield.com .

God I love this monitor and am kicking myself for waiting so long to get it. Finally got some Comcast HDTV hooked up today and have my box all setup. HOLY SHIT does HDTV look great on this...and what do i geet to watch...my first nite with hdtv...PENGUINS vs CAPITALS on inHD...SWEEEET! (considering Fox Sports dont broadcast in HD -idiots-)

Its so nice having the HD open in a large PIP window (looks great at a 1080i resolution) and i can do all my work on the rest of the display.

OH yeah, and my pens came back from 4-1 to beat the caps in a shootout! w00t!

westyHDTV.jpg

Wow.. what a read guys. I've just finished reading the whole thread. Now, from what I can gather, the only MAIN differences between the W1 and W3 are the Bezel, HDMI, and 12 ms vs 8ms of the W3. Does this seem right? Getting these in Canada right now is next to impossible (w3). I would much rather have the W3, but Best Buy in Canada does have the W1 for 999.99 with a 50 dollar off cupon. Would I be hard pressed to see if the W3 comes up in Canada? I've called Crutchfield and they said they're discontinued like alot of others here have said as well. I'm drooling for this thing, and the next best thing I can find is the Acer:

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=18053&vpn=EV.M0807.016&manufacture=Acer

It's alot more expensive, and have to find reviews for. But I would settle for it I guess, if it's like the Westinghouse. I want one so bad.. sucks being in Canada =(

Received mine today and the difference in this compared the the 32" Westy I tried earlier this year is night and day. This thing is beautiful. I keep fooling with the calibration, but finally think I have it where I like it.

Anyone sitting on the fence about this monitor should just buy it.

thenixhex311 said:
God I love this monitor and am kicking myself for waiting so long to get it. Finally got some Comcast HDTV hooked up today and have my box all setup. HOLY SHIT does HDTV look great on this...and what do i geet to watch...my first nite with hdtv...PENGUINS vs CAPITALS on inHD...SWEEEET! (considering Fox Sports dont broadcast in HD -idiots-)

Its so nice having the HD open in a large PIP window (looks great at a 1080i resolution) and i can do all my work on the rest of the display.

OH yeah, and my pens came back from 4-1 to beat the caps in a shootout! w00t!

what does blue moon taste like :D
i should be getting my monitor soon as i placed an order this afternoon will try and take pics for you guys but might be too busy with my ps3 on it

This LCD KICKSASS....period! LOL I'm still trying to get use to the gigantic screen in-mah-face!! :D

miskari said:
how big of a difference does DVi make over a normal VGA cable?
A pretty significant difference. When I'm in VGA at 1920x1080, VGA is more fuzzy and has slight noticiable interference. It also doesn't fit the screen perfectly for some reason.

lol, I paid ~90$ in shipping to have it delivered from nashville to knoxville and today it's on its way to chattanooga. No one will be home at the time of delivery (which is required for my shipping) so it looks like I get to take a trip to chattanooga.

FYI, I live pretty close to the midpoint between nashville, knoxville, and chattanooga.

Most entertaining 90$ I've ever flung out the window :p

86reddawg said:
lol, I paid ~90$ in shipping to have it delivered from nashville to knoxville and today it's on its way to chattanooga. No one will be home at the time of delivery (which is required for my shipping) so it looks like I get to take a trip to chattanooga.

FYI, I live pretty close to the midpoint between nashville, knoxville, and chattanooga.

Most entertaining 90$ I've ever flung out the window :p
I live in Nashville. Did you order it from Electronic Express or something?

Yea, electronics express through amazon.

I was hoping I could just pick one up from EE in person, but their website had it for 1500-ish (plus tax I'm sure.)

I grabbed it for just over 1100 shipped.

I recently purchased the 42" Westinghouse (LVM-42W2) and bought a single link DVI cable along with it, when i use it as my PC monitor, I only get a signal while in windows, but not during post.

I recently got my dual link DVI cable from monoprice and was hoping it would solve this problem. I still do not get any signal during post.

I'm using a Geforce 4 ti4400

During post it sometimes says Invalid Mode or No Signal.

Any thoughts? Do you think it's the Westinghouse that's causing this problem or my video card?

Well a dual link cable would have done nothing for you regardless since a Ti4400 doesn't support duallink.

Grimspoon said:
I recently purchased the 42" Westinghouse (LVM-42W2) and bought a single link DVI cable along with it, when i use it as my PC monitor, I only get a signal while in windows, but not during post.

I recently got my dual link DVI cable from monoprice and was hoping it would solve this problem. I still do not get any signal during post.

I'm using a Geforce 4 ti4400

During post it sometimes says Invalid Mode or No Signal.

Any thoughts? Do you think it's the Westinghouse that's causing this problem or my video card?

Stick with the dual-link cable on the 42, the ti4400 is most likely your problem though, hook the vga and the dvi up both should be active during post. The vga will most likely display during post if you are trying to get into your bios.

im curious:for any of you using a Creative X-fi card...do you have the external i/o drive as well..and if you do..any issues hooking that to your westy..i have an x-fi extreme..i was going to buy the i/o upgrade kit and pipe my tv though that and my z-680's:any feedback is welcome plz ;)

FuzyBaffy said:
This is a post asking for help with tearing in DVD's and Videos on the Windows desktop. I am posting because I can't find any information on how to reduce it on the web or in the [H] Forums. There are tons of posts about tearing in video games but none at all that I can find dealing with tearing while watching videos in XP.

Anyone know how to set up the Advanced Timings settings in the NVIDIA control panel for this monitor? I don't have a clue what any of those settings do.

I just got a nice 1080P 37inch Westinghouse LVM-37W3 LCD HDTV Monitor which I am using as my Monitor / TV / DVD player through VGA out on my old EVGA Geforce 6800 AGP the original one. I put my old CRT back and I could see the same tearing in the Videos but it wasn't as noticeable before as the screen is only 23 inches which is why it didn't really bother me as much before. The tearing doesn't show up when playing Wii (Video input), PS2(Component), or DVD's on PS2. I lowered the resolution down to 640 x 480 and it actually got worse? I am using 60hz which is what Westinghouse recc. Putting refresh up to 70 or 72 doesn't help. I wasn't using my old CRT as my only TV-DVD-Monitor so the tearing was there but it is more annoying now that I am using my computer as my main DVD/Video playback device.

Quake 4 and Oblivion look so amazing at 1280x720 (all I can run them on this video card) it's completely nuts. Westinghouse LVM-37W3 is a wonderful monitor as long as you are running it at anything but 480i where it shows ghosting. Probably due to the Upscaling of interlaced images. I bought it from crutchfield so I think I have a month to return it just in case it has something to do with the monitor not that I think it does.

I am pretty sure it is my video card. I turned forced Vsync and triple buffering, and of course that didn't do anything not that I was expecting it to. Is there something I can change under Advanced Timings in the NVIDIA Control Panel to fix this? The Westy is on analog VGA. I ordered a DVI cable which I should get soon. I don't thing that will help any though. I have been waiting for a mainstream priced DX10 card even though I don't think I will get the performance sucking Vista for a year or two. Does anyone think it is because the Ramdac on the EVGA is cheap? So if that were the case then I would need to make sure I was buying a good quality name brand card which is used more often in Media Center setups. Any good card brands that are used in media center setups? Does this occour more or less with ATI cards?

I will be holding out for a new vid card until at least the DX10 NVIDIA spring refresh. So if anybody can tell me any fixes to hold me over until then I would be most appreciative.

Any help at all or pointing me to a better place to look for an answer would be greatly appreciated.

I have a amd x2 @ 2500ghz, 1gig ram. I am running XP Pro with only a firewall running. No other processes.

I've seen the same type of tearing with DVDs via the 360 + VGA cable. It bugged me so much I had to switch to component.

Jeff

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
playrh8r said:
I've seen the same type of tearing with DVDs via the 360 + VGA cable. It bugged me so much I had to switch to component.

Jeff
I did auto adjust option on westy and everything was fine.

w1retap said:
Under their return policy, this is all it says...

I would not want to deal with that.. Better off ordering it from a retailer for a little more money.

I got it from that person on Ebay... couldn't be happier. Came brand new in the retail packaging... and if its ever needs service, Westinghouse has their warranty.

Can anyone confirm what Westinghouses word and Sony's word on the 37w3 flickering issue / hdmi issue is??????????????????????????????????? Can sony fix this with a firmware update or do i have to demand westinghouse to do something for me

Yea i just got this monitor from plus 101 on ebay!!! Love it think it's awesome. INSANLY PISSED AT THE PS3 ISSUE THOUGH!!!!!

I just got mine delivered today for 979 shipped form Crutchfield. This thing is an absolute BEAST! It is lightweight, super bright, and absolutely gorgeous. It feels so theatrical when playing a game. I think it will take me a few days to get used to just how big this thing really is, though.

It is also nice to have a remote for my montior with easy switching between sources and adjustments.

The only concern I have so far is that it seems a bit wobbly in for/rev directions. I might just have to wallmount it or anchor it as a precaution. It might also be the nature of my tempered glass desk.

Can anyone confirm that they've tried using the Psyclone insanly expensive hdmi cable for ps3. Box states that it's 1.3 hdmi with backwards compatibility????????? Maybe this hdmi cable will work and stop flickerin with ps3.

By the way i got my westy 37w3 with 1.0 firmware from plus 101 on ebay. Is this the newest firmware??? From what I've heard it is but why the hell would the number get lower for newer firmware on the westy???

I wish I had wanted to buy this like a week ago so I could have gotten a good deal. Anyways, why is a monitor this good and at such a good price so hard to find?

[Retaliation] said:
im curious:for any of you using a Creative X-fi card...do you have the external i/o drive as well..and if you do..any issues hooking that to your westy..i have an x-fi extreme..i was going to buy the i/o upgrade kit and pipe my tv though that and my z-680's:any feedback is welcome plz ;)

I have the front panel thingie. If you are trying to run sound through your TV first, then to your x-fi, its going to be surround, not 5.1. If you want 5.1 (which is what I did) run a optical cable from your source to your front panel.

Damn, I told myself I wasn't going to but I did. I tried 480i today and was totally disappointed. PS2 even with component looks absolutely horrible. My friend got lucky with his hdtv - perfect signal over every sd input and 480i.

kfish311 said:
Yea i just got this monitor from plus 101 on ebay!!! Love it think it's awesome. INSANLY PISSED AT THE PS3 ISSUE THOUGH!!!!!

do u have some pics of this prob i would like to see what this is please post some pics
i will be getting mine monday or maybe sooner

PhillyB said:
I have the front panel thingie. If you are trying to run sound through your TV first, then to your x-fi, its going to be surround, not 5.1. If you want 5.1 (which is what I did) run a optical cable from your source to your front panel.
hmmm..my z-680 control panel can force 5.1 even from a non 5.1 source(its its own decoder) i was just wondering if the i/o panel is easy to use...or a hassle
i can buy the upgrade from Creative for 80$ or so...which is alot cheap and less hassle than buyin a entire 5.1 setup..but thx for responding

kfish311 said:
Can anyone confirm that they've tried using the Psyclone insanly expensive hdmi cable for ps3. Box states that it's 1.3 hdmi with backwards compatibility????????? Maybe this hdmi cable will work and stop flickerin with ps3.

By the way i got my westy 37w3 with 1.0 firmware from plus 101 on ebay. Is this the newest firmware??? From what I've heard it is but why the hell would the number get lower for newer firmware on the westy???

Yes, 1.0 is the latest, says he of receiving a 1.5 firmware from a reputable dealer.

[Retaliation] said:
hmmm..my z-680 control panel can force 5.1 even from a non 5.1 source(its its own decoder) i was just wondering if the i/o panel is easy to use...or a hassle
i can buy the upgrade from Creative for 80$ or so...which is alot cheap and less hassle than buyin a entire 5.1 setup..but thx for responding

Well, what I plan on doing, is using my 360+HD through component, with the red/white into the TV for sound, so I can sit back and relax without waking up anyone. Also when I want to game I have the optical cable running into the front of my xfi, which then outputs 5.1 out the back to my 5.1 headphones (soon as I save up some cash I will invest in a set of decent computer speakers for home theater - once I get a new place) and it sounds just fine.

The only thing that irritates me, is the plug sticks out the front. I always remove the cable when I am not using it, for fear of breaking the cable, or worse breaking the plugin somehow. I tend to break stuff too easily sometimes so I am overly precautious with my delicate electronics.

Anyone from Toronto, Canada that have Westinghouse 37w3?
I'm desperately looking to get one i got W1 at local BestBuy in Toronto but the ghosting on this thing is not acceptable and i hope that W3 is much better then the W1.

I heard the new W4 is coming out is it true or is just a rumor?

So please if someone know where can i get one in Toronto or Ontario i would appreciate.

Thakns

Back