Got my Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37" 1080p display today!

diefathin said:
can you post some testing on ghost and input lag. plzzzzzz ;) ;)

What do you want to know? I don't notice any ghosting nor do I get input lag. Actually you might notice a very tiny amount of ghosting if you run it at 1080i with something like xbox 360 but its quite faint and you gotta look hard for it. At native 1080p there isn't any ghosting that I could see.

Oooh 5150Joker...that was NICE!!!

Can you post pictures of any other game?

I really want to see if there's pixelation, that's my biggest concern. I like to enjoy the graphics of graphics-intensive games. If this display starts to scatter everything...well...then I guess I would reconsider purchasing this monitor.

Also, how about a shot of a movie playing on that screen :)

Thanks Joker!

yeah!! no ghost that is very nice

Now, it is a little over my budget. .............

i dont want to wait...........now !!!>_<

I am soooo tempted to buy this monitor instead of going my planned route of new CRT for gaming + LCD for other use. It would probably look silly on my desk though and blind me from 2 feet away. ;)

hahah, yea...so I walked into Best Buy today after work, and looked at their 720p 37" westinghouse monitor.

My first thought..."Oh man...I'm glad I came to see this before buying one of these."

This thing is huge for a computer monitor (size wise).

I think it'll literally take up my entire desk. I'll have to move my lamp off my desk basically since it'll just be IN THE WAY OF THE SCREEN the way this thing is huge.

Of course, they did NOT have the 1080p monitor. I asked the sales rep if they would ship it from their warehouse and we both learned that this monitor does NOT ship to...get this...Los Angeles.

Apparently, the displays are warehoused in the east coast (New York) and for an item like this, apparently Best Buy does not use regular "shipping" and will not ship cross country or to areas where they cannot deliver it themselves.

Basically, for the time being, the Westinghouse is only available for those within the delivery area of the Best Buy "limited delivery".

So...there goes that idea. Crutchfield has these on "out of stock" and I don't see them stocking up anytime soon.

I guess this whole ordeal saved me about 1400 dollars :p

Sigh...it would have been so nice. Other similarly sized displays at the store were brilliant. They looked just GREAT!

Oh well.

what do you mean 720p 37" westinghouse monitor ??????

i thought 37w3 which is 1080p. do you mean 37w2?

diefathin said:
what do you mean 720p 37" westinghouse monitor ??????

i thought 37w3 which is 1080p. do you mean 37w2?

Yes I'm talking about the W2 which is 720p. It doesn't look nearly as nice as the 1080p LVM-37W3.

Ok, here may be a stupid question, but for PC purposes, will my video card be able to run the PC on a big screen like this? I have a GeForce 6800 GT agp card that is hooked up to a Dell 2005FPW at the moment. Thanks.

you should look up the you video card manufactory's website or Manual

it should have the list look like mine on the below

Resolutions and Color Depth Table (In Windows® XP)
Resolution (Hz) Standard mode High mode True mode
320 x 200 75
320 x 240 75
400 x 300 75
480 x 360 75
512 x 384 75
640 x 400 75
640 x 480 240
720 x 480 60
720 x 576 60
800 x 600 240
848 x 480 240
1024 x 768 240
1088 x 612 240
1152 x 864 200
1280 x 720 170
1280 x 768 170
1280 x 800 170
1280 x 960 170
1280 x 1024 170
1360 x 768 170
1600 x 900 150
1600 x 1024 120
1600 x 1200 120
1920 x 1080 100
1920 x 1200 100
1920 x 1440 85
2048 x 1536 85
GeForce 6600 GT Single Display Stardard Modes

FatboyIKE said:
Ok, here may be a stupid question, but for PC purposes, will my video card be able to run the PC on a big screen like this? I have a GeForce 6800 GT agp card that is hooked up to a Dell 2005FPW at the moment. Thanks.

yea it will run it fine,

the only thing i will warn others reading this and considering it..

the 6x00 SLI system won't work at 1920x1080 while gaming, there is a problem with SLI and widescreen on the 6x00 series when gaming.. its a known issue that Nvidia refused to fix at the time. (if you look at my screenshots, that is why Eve is in Windowed mode)

Single card it works great, and maybe they've fixed it with drivers since i had my SLI system.. (I can safely say i'll never go SLI again after that experience)

i don't know about the 7x00 series but you've been warned, i would check with someone who has the 7x00 in SLI and a hi-res widescreen monitor for issues.

i had to upgrade to the X1900XTX from my SLI setup for it to work properly in games at 1920x1080

Diefathin...yes, I was referring to the W2 (which is 720p).

5150Joker, I was referring to the size of the display more than the quality of the picture :)

I know the picture should be fine, but DAMN that monitor is HUGE!

I mean, I've seen the ACD 30" only ONCE and that was awhile ago, so my reference for the 37" was really skewed. When I went into the store and saw this thing, i was like...wow...I'll need to make space for that beast.

Thanks a LOT for the link with the different places which sell the display. I'll take another look at this weekend and probably pull the trigger come Monday.

BT

I know this is mainly a "monitor" but has anyone tried watching some TV on it? Maybe from a S-video signal or whatnot?

H-street said:
the 6x00 SLI system won't work at 1920x1080 while gaming, there is a problem with SLI and widescreen on the 6x00 series when gaming.. its a known issue that Nvidia refused to fix at the time. (if you look at my screenshots, that is why Eve is in Windowed mode)

1920 x 1080 100 <--- it is on my 6600GT
i am not sure, since i never had a 1920 x 1080 monitor yet
but i had testing on my old 20" CRT, it worked okey
on gaming, i dont know which game can support 1920x1080 though.

To BoredTiger:
ya, it is huge that why i like it. Benq 24" cost $900 which was my target.
Now, i will pay 400 more only for the 37". not a bad deal right?
(both had HDMI, 1 more year DX10 come out that is the time to get a video card which has HDMI support. )

and what do you mean about the skewed??

I'm really interested in getting this monitor, but the problem for me is a compatible desk. The one I currently have has a hutch, and there's deffinately not enough room between the desk and the bottom of the hutch. If I could find a good desk that could put it at a good height--or at the very least I could wall mount it-- then I'd be set on this monitor. What kind of desks are you guys using with this monitor?

diefathin said:
1920 x 1080 100 <--- it is on my 6600GT
i am not sure, since i never had a 1920 x 1080 monitor yet
but i had testing on my old 20" CRT, it worked okey
on gaming, i dont know which game can support 1920x1080 though.

and what do you mean about the skewed??

yea pretty much all newer games support the widescreen resolutions..

the only games that i have bought recently that doesn't support it is BF2 (but the BF engine has always had a problem with non-standard resolutions).. and Silent Hunter 3 (that is a locked in 1024 game)

even quite a few older games (>3 years old) you can force to widescreen..

DepTi said:
I'm really interested in getting this monitor, but the problem for me is a compatible desk. The one I currently have has a hutch, and there's deffinately not enough room between the desk and the bottom of the hutch. If I could find a good desk that could put it at a good height--or at the very least I could wall mount it-- then I'd be set on this monitor. What kind of desks are you guys using with this monitor?

I got a glass table with a max weight limit of 50 lbs supporting mine which is kinda risky since the display weighs 50 lbs with the base. I'm going to get a wall mount in about a week and mount this thing--I've been so busy lately that I just haven't had the time to get around to it yet.

diefathin,

When I said "skewed" I meant that my perception of the size of these monitors were skewed. Not perfect.

In any case, i'm still waiting to do some more digging and then pulling the trigger on Monday :)

i read through this whole post but i dont think i saw the answer to this, can you plug this monitor into a cable box and use it as your TV?

sideout said:
i read through this whole post but i dont think i saw the answer to this, can you plug this monitor into a cable box and use it as your TV?

Yes you can.

ThePoliticalThinker said:
when you guys bought your westinghouse 37"

did u guys buy the service plans?

Nope but even if you don't get one during purchase, you can go to repairmasters website and purchase it seperately.

i plan on getting me this tv (37" westy). although i dont have a subscribtion to the Hi-Def Cable i do have the basic. is there any way to just use a modulator of some sort?

after reading a gillion post, this monitor looks to be good for what i want to do. i want to do autocad on this baby lol. this monitor is around 1300 but i was wondering if you guys know anything bigger? like a 42 or something that is equivalent?

bluto20 said:
i plan on getting me this tv (37" westy). although i dont have a subscribtion to the Hi-Def Cable i do have the basic. is there any way to just use a modulator of some sort?

you can buy an off-air antenna and pick up your locals in hd

diefathin said:
dose anyone know TECHONWEB?

http://www.techonweb.com

is it a good place for shopping this big of monitor?

YMMV, but I ordered two (months apart) 21" Viewsonic CRTs in '04 from them, and had absolutely ZERO problems... From my experience I have no reason to not recommend them...

phiquach said:
after reading a gillion post, this monitor looks to be good for what i want to do. i want to do autocad on this baby lol. this monitor is around 1300 but i was wondering if you guys know anything bigger? like a 42 or something that is equivalent?

You might look at the 42" Westinghouse, however for autocad, consider the higher res of a Dell 3007. I would suggest Westies or projection for gamers and higher res monitors to application users.

Anyone used this as a TV for both HD and SD signals? We have just regular satellite from DirectTV and wondering how the channels would look on this thing.

kidstechno said:
Anyone used this as a TV for both HD and SD signals? We have just regular satellite from DirectTV and wondering how the channels would look on this thing.

SD looks alright, nothing special as expected from an LCD. This LCD is truly meant for HD signals.

i just got a dell 20%off which i had wait for 3 month!!!!!!!!!!

i had change my mind to 37w3($1222). Now, only $675 if i am going for dell 2407
i can get 2 dell2407 or 1 37w3?

Any one can tell me what should i do :( :( :( :(

they are selling a bunch of these on ebay new for 999$ + 150 or so shipping, would it be safe to use ebay for a TV?

Back