Got my Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37" 1080p display today!

s00pcan said:
Some quick pictures.. It's obvious that I need to do some tweaking to get the 360 to look good. It's way too dark ingame.
w1.jpg

w3.jpg

s00pcan thanks

pics!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

grr.. I knew it would happen..

I need a new video card now! Off to newegg, they have a cheap 7900gs after rebate.

Edit:

Once You Know, You Newegg.

Congratulations , your order has been submitted! We recommend that you print this page for your records.

I'm so angry I can't get this monitor it's making me sick. Sad? Yeah it is but I'm dying to upgrade this Dell 2005FPW 20.1" screen. Not only am I overseas but I'm on a military base so I have an APO mailing address. That basically equals... "We don't ship to YOU! HA HA!!!" :mad:

Mercyreaper said:
B&H photo are shipping mine and I am APO over here in Italy :)

Huh? I could've sworn I just looked there and it said "NO APOs!"

Hmm... When did you order it?

Edit: Holy crap... I'm about to spend $1100!!! :D :D :D

no get a 8800gtx or gts. that is the way to go...DOnt buy the 7900gs. save up some cash and get that. I currently have a 7900gt and it is amazing, but dx10 is the way to go....

thegermanpimp said:
@speedman

what's about the custom?
Do u have to pay a lot of many?
import tax is not too much, it will be about 50 euro's, but the VAT is high (mehrwertsteuer) in your country is 16%, in my country is 21 %

but since i buy this baby with the tax number of my business, i don't have to pay VAT ;)

evenso, if you have to pay VAt on this monitor, it is still cheap.

1200 dollars + 21% = 1452 USD $ = 1100 EUR €

which is NOT a lot :)

phobic said:
Huh? I could've sworn I just looked there and it said "NO APOs!"

Hmm... When did you order it?

Edit: Holy crap... I'm about to spend $1100!!! :D :D :D

Ya its a fair price too considering how hard it is to get anyone to ship this kind of stuff over here hehe. Damn these people ;).

I just called J&R to check on the status of my order and, guess what, they %*#*!$@ canceled it. Time to go sulk.

SysteX said:
I just called J&R to check on the status of my order and, guess what, they %*#*!$@ canceled it. Time to go sulk.

I would be sulking too... this display looks magical...

I'm still trying to get the contrast right.. looked absolutely horrible when I first turned it on. A little better now, but I'm not satisfied.
w4.jpg

w5.jpg

on your first pic, i see a lot of vertical lines on the screen. You sure you got the right cable to connect to your XBOX ? (i presume this is an XBOX game? )

After seeing many people post that this screen has been discontinued i sent a email to westinghouse and they told me its not being discontinued. What made me do this is i have seen many times over of people saying it is, whether being bestbuy, crutchfield or just people starting a rumor. Most likely is that stores are saying discontinued because they are having to many people buying one product and no other products so they take it off their sales list so other people will look for something else at their stores. Another store that i shop at i had sent a request of when "NEW" stock of this monitor would be available before i had sent a email to westinghouse and they had told me there is going to be a new shipment 1/10/07 so i knew already it wasnt discontinued!! Then an hour or more later i got the email from westinghouse that confirmed it!! So all this is discontinued is bs Lol :cool:

s00pcan said:
I'm still trying to get the contrast right.. looked absolutely horrible when I first turned it on. A little better now, but I'm not satisfied.
Are you using component or VGA?

SysteX said:

The did the same dam thing to me :(.........

WicKeDcHilD said:
After seeing many people post that this screen has been discontinued i sent a email to westinghouse and they told me its not being discontinued. What made me do this is i have seen many times over of people saying it is, whether being bestbuy, crutchfield or just people starting a rumor. Most likely is that stores are saying discontinued because they are having to many people buying one product and no other products so they take it off their sales list so other people will look for something else at their stores. Another store that i shop at i had sent a request of when "NEW" stock of this monitor would be available before i had sent a email to westinghouse and they had told me there is going to be a new shipment 1/10/07 so i knew already it wasnt discontinued!! Then an hour or more later i got the email from westinghouse that confirmed it!! So all this is discontinued is bs Lol :cool:

That really makes me feel good. Ive been very worried since J&R and crutchfield have removed the monitor from their sites and claim it is "Discontinued." Even though I bought one, I fear that they won't send it to me since it seems they have been canceling many people orders. If the model is going to come back I'll just try HARD to be patient until they get a new stock.

s00pcan said:

turning down backlight and brightness helps a lot

s00pcan said:
Make sure you test out other games, too, because GoW is a very gray-toned game.

are there any reputable dealers selling for sub $1k? it would be sweet if i could get the tv + 3 yr warranty shipped for under $1100

amazon.com has it for 1050 and probably around 40 dollars shipping. No idea on the warranty though.

got mine from crutchfield, they said i was the second to last person to get it...awesome and i got it for 980 thanks to the coupon someone posted here.

Anyway i should have pics up within the week. I can't freaking wait, took 5 business days to ship to me, not too bad for going from virginia to oregon on freight.

deekayex said:
I wouldn't bother with VGA. The colors are far superior over component.

Both are an analog signal, but component has some inherent limitations due to muxing into YPbPr and back to whatever internal to the TV. If you see problems it's either the sending or receiving device or the cable not the "VGA" technology. If anything the component compression is going to alter the colors and the straight through RGB is going to more properly represent them.

/edit besides the fact that has been mentioned multiple times here already: Xbox 360 VGA upconverts, Component does not.

Mwhahaa....I got my 2nd one yesterday..I will be trying to take pictures tonight late of my dual 37''displays :D

i cant find it anywhere for a reasonable price from a reputable dealer, anyone know where to get this monitor at?

Back