Got my 295

GJohn

[H]ard|Gawd
Everything is really nice :D Quite upgrade from 8800 320mb

Although GTA4 only sees 896MB ram...stupid games, not even on highest setting and it lags really bad :rolleyes:

dsc05321111dz6.jpg

Epic video memory fail! If I weren't so jealous of you right now I'd probably make fun of you more.

Well it still sucks only half ram gta sees, and this game wants insane video memory but it has poor support to use it all rofl.

GTA IV PC is a steaming heap. Nothing will make it run well at settings worth running it at. This is not news. Try a game that doesn't suck.

Well it still sucks only half ram gta sees, and this game wants insane video memory but it has poor support to use it all rofl.

As bad as the game is reported to be for the PC the “problem” has nothing to do with the game.

The card has 2 cores it's basically SLI in a single card. The card has 896mb of ram for each core. It don't matter what game you play. Even if you were to some how disable the second core or SLI you would still only have 896mb.

GTA IV PC is a steaming heap. Nothing will make it run well at settings worth running it at. This is not news. Try a game that doesn't suck.

Yeh...in other hand, far cry 2 and fallout 3 look amazing with ultra settings :p

Everything is really nice :D Quite upgrade from 8800 320mb

Although GTA4 only sees 896MB ram...stupid games, not even on highest setting and it lags really bad :rolleyes:

dsc05321111dz6.jpg

Textures are duplicated in either Crossfire or SLI. For that matter so are TMU Units. Therefore both your frame buffer memory and your TMU units do not get to add to the SLI/CF experience. Each GPU stores all of the textures for every single frame.

AMDs Sideport is said to remedy this. Only time will tell.

really amazing ..... hope more physx games will arise this year

That's what Windows 7 is for..:)

It allows ATi and nVIDIA cards to work together. So you can do PhysX on the nVIDIA card and graphics on the ATi card.

Personally I'm still on a PPU but yeah PhysX games should be interesting.

Textures are duplicated in either Crossfire or SLI. For that matter so are TMU Units. Therefore both your frame buffer memory and your TMU units do not get to add to the SLI/CF experience. Each GPU stores all of the textures for every single frame.

AMDs Sideport is said to remedy this. Only time will tell.

Sideport doesn't remedy the duplication of the resources between each GPUs memory.. it will still happen (and always will for the forseeable future). The GPUs can still only access their own memory set. Sideport is merely a high bandwidth link between GPUs so that whatever resources have to be transferred can hopefully be duplicated very quickly (less overhead), so your GPUs don't stall out while waiting for data to move between memory banks.

The downside to sideport (and likely the reason it's not enabled right now) is that they already define profiles to keep expensive transfers between GPUs from happening if they aren't required for corruption-free rendering, so the amount of data going between GPUs should already be minimal for any game that ATI has a Crossfire profile for in their driver. As a result, the sideport should shine in cases where a game has no profile to eliminate expensive transfers, and alternate frame rendering is forced by the ATI driver, since the sideport helps reduce the bottleneck associated with these transfers.

And what do you mean "TMU units are duplicated"? They're hardware components, not a software resource in memory..

The ram is mirrored. The dual cards are just Fail all the way. Fell for this with 7950GX2 and 9800GX2. Performance with a single card is much better than these dual POS.

and you can get those settings with a $200 gtx260. :p

Why do you need to shit on everyone's threads about how they wasted their money...they could have had this they could have had that....really dude,its getting old.... time for you to grow up..

I'm glad a total nub has a GTX 295. Makes me feel all warm in fuzzy inside. I guess at least he is stimulating the economy.

The ram is mirrored. The dual cards are just Fail all the way. Fell for this with 7950GX2 and 9800GX2. Performance with a single card is much better than these dual POS.

thats why you can see the main Motherboard power connecter's wire over the third stick, right?

wow dude...

o_O I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure he was talking about the video card's RAM and not the triple channel system ram.

oh, missed the quote before that. looked like he said it was fake because the RAM was mirrored. thats why i figured system RAM.

So how do you like it? Is gameplay nice & smooth?

Also, how loud is it? I'm currently running an EVGA 260GTX that I have dialed in to run at 20% fan speeds under 2D mode, and it is pretty quiet. I'd step up to the 295GTX if I knew that that were an option & that it would be just as quiet. Thoughts?

Don't know about noise but there is either a big problem with these cards at 30" or a perhaps minor driver bug that may or may not be fixed.

Peformance seems to suffer at high res high settings in some games.

Why do you need to shit on everyone's threads about how they wasted their money...they could have had this they could have had that....really dude,its getting old.... time for you to grow up..

I have to agree, to many people here get all up in arms and in people's faces because someone buys something that is something they would not buy. When people do this all I can think of is that they are jealous in some way.

even though what I just said to him was true I was just kidding around and thats why I used that little smiley. also based on his comments its obvious that he just bought the card without knowing too much about its capabilities or limitations. you are always on the defensive about everything so please lighten up.

Damn, the trolls have been out in full force the past few days. :rolleyes:

Anyway, great looking setup OP. I, for one, am completely jealous. I'm thinking we some benchies......How does the GTX295 stack up to your old 8800GTS?

even though what I just said to him was true I was just kidding around and thats why I used that little smiley. also based on his comments its obvious that he just bought the card without knowing too much about its capabilities or limitations. you are always on the defensive about everything so please lighten up.

easy canondale. its ok. crosshairs is the guy who paid about $500 for his 260GTX to be modded by viper john, and yet the performance was not even close to a 4870X2. ;)

What about microstuttering? I'm curious if NVIDIA has solved this problem that has existed in the 7950 and 9800 GX2.

Back