Got a "free" DSi

Lunas

[H]F Junkie
i got a free dsi it has been in our lost and found for over 3 months so now it is mine...

Here is the list of issues it has

shitty game lego harry potter years 1-4...
top screen is cracked it is serviceable but still broken
the dpad is broken not the buttons the actual dpad has a crack in it the buttons themselves work.
the l and r buttons dont work unless i press them down very hard...

to refurbish it im looking at around 30 dollars for a new shell with buttons and a new screen. I think i would need to replace the tactile switches to fix that.

So my question is do i really want to sink 45 into fixing a dsi or should i try to sell it or trade it in...

Yar, I wouldn't bother refurbishing it and I'm not sure how much you'd be able to sell/trade it for.

You could give it to a homeless guy and gain some karma from it (if that's your thing).

I still kinda want to fix it or trade it in for some on a ps3 game or perhaps some off a 3ds or vita game.

I do agree , give it to a homeless women/man and let them have fun with it. Not worth fixing it up . Prolly cheaper to buy new one

Seems like new DSi consoles still run for $100. I guess it depends on if you want a functional DSi? Basically you'd be paying half-price as a new one to get it working. Not sure if that's worth it to you.

Well it does work sorta l and r need alot of pressure the touch screen wont calibrate and is terribad and i have no games for it...

the upper screen still works but has 2 black spikes and cracks across it. looked on amazon i could get a 3ds for 114-150

The only games i would want on it are pokemon black 2 fire emblem and any tales of games that did not get a port to anything else... honestly i did not get one cause i liked the vita more...

In its defense it may have been ran over by a car

I got $46 trade in for the game and dsi...

i got a free dsi it has been in our lost and found for over 3 months so now it is mine...

Here is the list of issues it has

shitty game lego harry potter years 1-4...
top screen is cracked it is serviceable but still broken
the dpad is broken not the buttons the actual dpad has a crack in it the buttons themselves work.
the l and r buttons dont work unless i press them down very hard...

to refurbish it im looking at around 30 dollars for a new shell with buttons and a new screen. I think i would need to replace the tactile switches to fix that.

So my question is do i really want to sink 45 into fixing a dsi or should i try to sell it or trade it in...

They are going to cancel production of DS/DSi games pretty soon anyway, wouldn't have been much of a reason to keep it besides cheap games.

Back