Gor my 360 back form the depot

and it's new. not refurbed. Date of mfg is Feb 2008!

I did not expect that. I expected somebodies old repaired system. Unless there are so many broken ones that some of us are getting new ones due to volume- repairs just can't keep up.

I'll assume this is a Falcon- but no HDMI... I thought Falcons had HDMI?

MS does not want to replace non-HDMI systems with HDMI systems, so its a new revision and they crippled it to remove the port from being available to you.

Yeah, when I got mine repaired, they gave me a brand new one. I too was shocked. Congrats. And hope it works good for ya.

Not to burst your bubble, but they stick a new serial number on the refurbs. I would assume whenever it gets re-badged with it's new sticker it gets a new 'build' date as well.

Not to burst your bubble, but they stick a new serial number on the refurbs. I would assume whenever it gets re-badged with it's new sticker it gets a new 'build' date as well.

No, they don't do that.

The refurbs have a new sticker, but the original build date. That's how you know you get a refurb!

Lame I got RROD yesterday, fingers crossed for a nice new model but with my luck I'll get a 2005.

Mine RR on me over the X-mas sent it in and they sent me one with in a week to bad it was someone's that sent there's in for repairs and they just slapped a shipping label on it and shipped it to me. Got a nice new NCAA faceplate of it then shipped it back to them and didn't get my repaired one back till the end of Feb. Thank God I have 2 lol.

My 360 got sent off today for the RROD....to a repair center only 5 hours away from me....I hope it coems back in a reasonable time frame....

and it's new. not refurbed. Date of mfg is Feb 2008!

I did not expect that. I expected somebodies old repaired system. Unless there are so many broken ones that some of us are getting new ones due to volume- repairs just can't keep up.

I'll assume this is a Falcon- but no HDMI... I thought Falcons had HDMI?

Check inside the vents with a flashlight for the new heatsink.

Also, don't the Falcons require a little less power, and the powersupply's watts are slightly lower? You can check that as well, on top of the new heatsink, which I believe the put in the old models now.

I believe Ice is right. they print a whole new label with new date for all refurbs now. Its not a new unit just has a new sticker. Lots of ppl on xbox forums are saying they got a old unit with a new sticker and serial.

My unit got the RRoD back in August and I got it back early September and, despite being very loud, I haven't had a single issue with it yet. Let's hope it goes at least a year like first Xbox did.

Does anyone know of anybody still using a launch 360?

My unit got the RRoD back in August and I got it back early September and, despite being very loud, I haven't had a single issue with it yet. Let's hope it goes at least a year like first Xbox did.

Does anyone know of anybody still using a launch 360?

Right here. Had to get repaired for a non-RROD problem, but since has been fixed and is working great.

I want to say my refurb is about 1 year old now, give or take.

I was very pleased with the whole process. Took a week.

My launch box died at 15 months.

I have a launch 360 Running Strong...No Issues at all.

I had thought I had the same thing, bought mine on launch day, and then last month with no warning I got the RRoD. Just got mine back a few weeks ago. Just because you are having no issues and it has been running strong doesn't mean it won't crap out on you!

I sent mine off last thursday, and I got an email today saying it was shipping back to me, I should have it tuesday...it helps that the repair center is only 4 hours away....I am jones-ing for my Forza2 and Mx vs ATV Untamed. :mad:;)

Do you think the RROD occurs quicker depending on frequency of use? How often do you two (one who still has a functional launch system, and the other one whos launch system just died) play your system?

Mine didn't RROD but it's freezing. I have the box ready to ship on Monday. As long as they take care of their mistakes and do what's morally right I don't care if I'm out a few weeks of gaming.

Mine didn't RROD but it's freezing. I have the box ready to ship on Monday. As long as they take care of their mistakes and do what's morally right I don't care if I'm out a few weeks of gaming.

My box did start to freeze toward the end. Usually in Madden 08 after I had just made the sweetest come back in the fourth quarter. Something like a last second kick return or some amazing hail-mary to win the game. For a while I thought it was Madden just cheating me out of it. Then my box died.

Probably a good thing, because I was going to chuck that POS out my second floor window if it took another game away from me!

Do you think the RROD occurs quicker depending on frequency of use? How often do you two (one who still has a functional launch system, and the other one whos launch system just died) play your system?

My launch box was used pretty [H]ard but very well cared for. I'd say all averaged about 2-3 hours a day with the most continuous use on weekends.
We took care to keep it ventilated well, the power pack is well away from the case, and I elevated the case on blocks to get more cool air to the whole case......still didnt matter, 15 months in.......bye-bye.

My replacement seems to be humming right along though.....roughly 1 year in.:D

Back