Google Sets Pixel 2 Launch Event for October 4th

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
It was on October 4th, 2016, that Google launched the Pixel and Pixel XL, and it looks like the company is sticking to the same regimen this year: the search giant has begun a new marketing campaign urging viewers to “ask more” of their phone, with an Oct. 4 date attached. Billboards for the event have also been spotted.

Cool I broke the screen on my 6P. Time to upgrade to to a Pixel 1 when they start clearing them out for cheap.

I'd like to think I'm still ok with my Pixel 1, but I know I'll impulse preorder the Pixel 2 when I get a chance.

With only 2 years of OS support I'll pass.

But with all seriousness I don't see myself moving away from My Sammy Galaxy 5 anytime within the forseeable future. Even with the age of this phone I am still running Nougat 7.1 on it and will have Oreo when AOSP builds start getting out there.

I would not trade away my user-swappable batteries and 128GB microsd card for any of the new crap out there today.

More and more emphasis on the silly "assistant" and voice control, removal of the 3.5mm jack and the fact that unlike in the early days smartphones stay relevant for much longer now, means I'll likely just keep my 1st Gen Pixel until it stops getting monthly security updates.

Hopefully in two years or so when this happens, there will be other options that take security updates seriously, allow me to disable all the virtual assistant crap and still have analog audio out.

Back