Google Employee Found Dead inside NYC Headquarters

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Scott Krulcik, a 22-year-old Google software engineer, was found unconscious at his work terminal Friday inside the company’s NYC headquarters. EMS workers attempted to revive him, but he was pronounced dead at the scene. "His body did not show any signs of trauma, and there did not appear to be criminality involved, authorities said."

Neighbors at his West 11th Street walk-up were stunned to hear of his death. “Oh my gosh. That’s so sad. I ran into him from time to time in the hallway,” said one resident who said he moved into the building last fall. “He looked just like he did in his photos. Such a nice young, vibrant man.” He lived on the fifth floor with a roommate, who was also a Google engineer and, like Krulcik, a graduate of Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pa.

Last edited:
"he was always so quiet. We though he was pulling another one of his week long work binges", said one employee, who didn't think anything unusual, until they noticed the smell.

What a crappy way to go, it doesn't say how long he was unconscious, just that he was there until a janitor found him.

Last edited:
I cannot imagine why the story about this young man's death and a story about Google not wanting information leaking are put together. Was anyone under the impression we did not know what Google is or are you trying to insinuate something?

Poor judgment, imo.

Even though he's 22 could be a heart attack or an allergic reaction to something he ate

Whatever the case the fact the it happened in the workplace makes Google liable for a hefty lawsuit

If he was found unconscious then I doubt he would be smelling bad yet.

If he was found after someone noticing an odor then he wasn't found unconscious.

This seems a little odd to me.

If he was found unconscious then I doubt he would be smelling bad yet.

If he was found after someone noticing an odor then he wasn't found unconscious.

This seems a little odd to me.

If he was there for quite some time, bodily functions still happen.

well if he hadn't moved around for a long time getting a dvt leading to a pe could have dealt the fatal blow.

Even though he's 22 could be a heart attack or an allergic reaction to something he ate

Whatever the case the fact the it happened in the workplace makes Google liable for a hefty lawsuit
Not necessarily. If it was natural causes like a brain aneurysm, Google is not at fault and not liable for anything.

What kind of workplace is it where someone unconscious (or dead) goes unnoticed until the janitor comes after hours? I mean I'd understand it if he was locked in a cubicle in the men's room, but at his desk? That is ridiculous.

Found him at his terminal, huh? Well, at least his fellow Google employees didn't have to conduct a search.

Deep vein thrombosis ?

"A period of prolonged seated immobility is recognized as one of the major risk factors for developing venous thrombosis. Long-distance air travel and prolonged sitting in relation to work or recreation have been shown to increase the risk of venous thrombosis "

I worked at a place about 25-30 years ago in which someone died at work. I did not know the guy very well, but he was always very quiet and focused on his work. He was either an engineer or a software developer, not sure.
I think he passed looking at the screen. It took about a day and a half before someone realized he was not moving or responsive. That guy was probably in his 50s-60s. He had an office and his door was closed (normal for this guy). Since he was quiet and didn't interact a lot with people, I can see how this happened.
The main reason I remember anything about this - I was a coop working in IT. I had to go collect his hardware a few days after he passed so we could prepare it for the next person. I remember thinking it was a little creepy...

So much recreational activity he couldnt cope, ahem.
The fappening!
Movement of one arm is not enough dudes.

....... This is interesting *cough cough* I mean the Clintons are a great family and they would never do anything to harm anyone ever! *cough*

EXACTLY. So let's go down this rabbit hole and see if we can get to the bottom of it. First, we know that somehow George Soros, the Clintons' hitman, is involved. Just this year he called Google a menace, and cryptically said they were "doomed." Alright, so what? Well, not too long after, this guy shows up dead, Scott Krulcik. Scott, a Scottish name (important). what does he have to do with it? Let's see. Just the other day, a Republican congressman, unafraid of the menace, revealed that Soros had turned on his fellow Jews. So now we know that Soros wants Google dead and hates Jews. Well, Scott, as in Scotland, has a historic affinity for the Jewish people. So if you wanted to hurt Google AND you really didn't like Jews, what better target than a 22yo Scottish software engineer in one of the most significant Jewish population centers in the United States?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
well if he hadn't moved around for a long time getting a dvt leading to a pe could have dealt the fatal blow.
Deep vein thrombosis ?

"A period of prolonged seated immobility is recognized as one of the major risk factors for developing venous thrombosis. Long-distance air travel and prolonged sitting in relation to work or recreation have been shown to increase the risk of venous thrombosis "

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the cause since there was a comment that insinuated it was regular for him to binge on work. This is one reason for mandatory breaks and why they should require an employee to leave the desk/chair if their primary role stations them at one.

EXACTLY. So let's go down this rabbit hole and see if we can get to the bottom of it. First, we know that somehow George Soros, the Clintons' hitman, is involved. Just this year he called Google a menace, and cryptically said they were "doomed." Alright, so what? Well, not too long after, this guy shows up dead, Scott Krulcik. Scott, a Scottish name (important). what does he have to do with it? Let's see. Just the other day, a Republican congressman, unafraid of the menace, revealed that Soros had turned on his fellow Jews. So now we know that Soros wants Google dead and hates Jews. Well, Scott, as in Scotland, has a historic affinity for the Jewish people. So if you wanted to hurt Google AND you really didn't like Jews, what better target than a 22yo Scottish software engineer in one of the most significant Jewish population centers in the United States?

And the crazy thing is i know people (yes plural) who would believe this if they saw it on facebook. If it came from any other source well then it must not be true.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I worked at a place about 25-30 years ago in which someone died at work. I did not know the guy very well, but he was always very quiet and focused on his work. He was either an engineer or a software developer, not sure.
I think he passed looking at the screen. It took about a day and a half before someone realized he was not moving or responsive. That guy was probably in his 50s-60s. He had an office and his door was closed (normal for this guy). Since he was quiet and didn't interact a lot with people, I can see how this happened.
The main reason I remember anything about this - I was a coop working in IT. I had to go collect his hardware a few days after he passed so we could prepare it for the next person. I remember thinking it was a little creepy...

The saddest part about that whole story. We spend so much of our lives working.

main-qimg-596a6edb889dc6b97e791ea00b7d83ff-c.jpg

Being in your twenties isn't a shield against sudden death. It is a rare year when there isn't a sudden death of some college athlete due to some previously undiscovered defect. These athletes have had many exams and tests and still things are missed that lead to death. Likely this guy falls into the same category. Wonder if the PC/terminal has a time record of the last input? Might be useful in determining how long he was unconscious before being found by the janitor.

"he was always so quiet. We though he was pulling another one of his week long work binges", said one employee, who didn't think anything unusual, until they noticed the smell.

what did they think it was before? Someone's lunch?

95% of the time, the coworkers say something like this when someone dies at their desk.

They usually see them hunched over on their keyboard for 3 days in a row, and because they never care to get to know them or treat them like, you know, a person, they don't check on them till someone complains about the smell.

What kind of workplace is it where someone unconscious (or dead) goes unnoticed until the janitor comes after hours? I mean I'd understand it if he was locked in a cubicle in the men's room, but at his desk? That is ridiculous.

I normally work when the building is empty. I could easily die on Friday night at 11pm and not be found till Monday at 7am when everyone gets into the office given that we are an 8-5 Monday through Friday office.

Back