Goodbye for now

amdgamer

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey guys, it was a blast and an honor to fold on as teammates. At this time, I am going to start winding down my folding activities with folding1 being sold and delivered tomarrow. Folding2(Gulftown) will continue to fold until I convert it into my next gaming rig for the awesome games coming out this holiday season. I have decided to take a break from folding for the time being, but I hope to be back sometime next year.

Come back soon. BTW, just because you aren't actively folding doesn't mean we don't want to hear from you around here. Your posts are always welcome.

And, remember when it gets cold that folding can help warm your house.....

Hey...

you can only game, what, maybe 12 hours a day?

Hey...

you can only game, what, maybe 12 hours a day?

This - if nothing else, switch the 980x over to SMP and let it fold while you are not gaming. You should be able to just let it fold all the time actually.

This - if nothing else, switch the 980x over to SMP and let it fold while you are not gaming. You should be able to just let it fold all the time actually.

It really has more to do with me wanting a break from folding. I just feel a bit insulted lately by the PG's decision to stop work on the 64 bit Windows version as much as it has to do with me needing a little money for something I am considering in a few months. It isn't like 64 bit Windows just came out yesterday, as it is probably the future.

As for right now, the Gulftown is currently folding away on bigadv until I decide to convert it to a gaming rig.

It really has more to do with me wanting a break from folding. I just feel a bit insulted lately by the PG's decision to stop work on the 64 bit Windows version as much as it has to do with me needing a little money for something I am considering in a few months. It isn't like 64 bit Windows just came out yesterday, as it is probably the future.

You're always welcome with the DC Commandos if F@H isn't for you anymore. We would love to have you;)

It really has more to do with me wanting a break from folding. I just feel a bit insulted lately by the PG's decision...
I understand you completely my friend. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. :rolleyes:

Maybe i'm being a bit dramatic, but I fully expect to be back folding at some point. I think I just need to take a break. I appreciate the invitation to join the Commandos, but they are generally a bit too scattered as I want to choose a single project and commit to it versus going around doing a little bit of everything.

I suspect that i'll probably look at coming back sometime next year. Maybe by then we'll get something decent to fold for ATI based video cards :eek:

Maybe i'm being a bit dramatic, but I fully expect to be back folding at some point. I think I just need to take a break. I appreciate the invitation to join the Commandos, but they are generally a bit too scattered as I want to choose a single project and commit to it versus going around doing a little bit of everything.

I suspect that i'll probably look at coming back sometime next year. Maybe by then we'll get something decent to fold for ATI based video cards :eek:

I don't think you're being dramatic. At times the politics are so thick you can cut them with a knife, thus my complete and utter lack of involvement on the FoldingForums lately.

The lack of 64-bit support for Windows is a BIG oversight in my books.

All the best amdgamer, it's been a slice, and yes, I'm still waiting for BullDozer. We await your return to the fold!

;)

I don't think you're being dramatic. At times the politics are so thick you can cut them with a knife, thus my complete and utter lack of involvement on the FoldingForums lately.

The lack of 64-bit support for Windows is a BIG oversight in my books.

All the best amdgamer, it's been a slice, and yes, I'm still waiting for BullDozer. We await your return to the fold!

;)

Technicaly, I havn't left yet as my only folding rig(gulftown) is still crunching away at bigadv. It will probably fold for a little while longer since i'm not going to have time to convert it to my new gaming for a couple more weeks since i'm getting ready to put my current gaming rig up for sale. The Bloomfield based rig has been sold and delivered to someone over near Chilicothe, OH.

I still cannot understand why they decided to ditch a 64 bit Windows version considering that Windows is by far the most popular OS right now among your average consumer. We've had 64 bit versions of Windows for as long as I can remember, so this isn't anything new. I still have an old copy of Windows XP 64 that AMD shipped out a long time ago for us early adopters of the Athlong XP 64 processors.

Back