Goob2 (eBay) E6410 laptop

With out ATI or nVidia graphics, I would skip that lappy...My laptop would tear that apart in games and it was only $650. Check out Newegg, you may be able to find one with a GT420 or 5650 for a reasonable price.

Yep... this with an i5 is basically overpowered and wasting your money since it has onboard graphics. They should have put an i3 and it would still do all the same tasks its capable of anyway.

There's been much better deals, but the 5 year warranty is really good the bread and butter for this deal..... non-tech people who are really clumsy could save money and just break the bitch in 4 years to get a new laptop.... I would MAYBE buy this for my grandpa or drunk uncle that doesn't need more than onboard, other than that its not a hot deal as you can find pretty decent budget gaming laptops for cheaper than this.

The thing people forget is that there's a lot more to a laptop than specs.

The main selling point of the Latitude line is build quality. On the E6410 and E6510, they build the whole thing out of magnesium alloy, and it's mad solid and durable. The hinges are solid metal. It's almost as good as a T-series Thinkpad. It will definitely stand up to abuse, and it feels much better than cheap plastic consumer laptop with glossy surfaces everywhere and super flexy palmrests and what not.

The ergonomics are also great. You get a 3-button trackpoint and a great keyboard with a decent layout (7-row with proper 2x3 nav cluster, proper Ctrl-Fn order unlike Lenovo, well spaced F-keys, almost full sized arrow keys, and full sized right shift, the latter two of which are a rare combo). You also get a lid latch and a matte screen, which isn't common on a consumer laptop.

Servicing and upgrading is also really easy considering that you can access almost all major internal components by removing just 1 screw and taking the bottom panel off.

Basically, if you don't game, this is probably the best laptop you can get. You can get it with a low end Quadro (Geforce 310M equivalent), and you might be able to run some things with that.

Yep... this with an i5 is basically overpowered and wasting your money since it has onboard graphics. They should have put an i3 and it would still do all the same tasks its capable of anyway.

I know it sounds crazy, but not everyone games on their laptops. I have an i3 laptop I use for work and some of the data processing I do can take over 8 hours to finish.

Agreed with Pylon and ocellaris. The Latitude series is an enterprise laptop, aimed at business power users. These are not for your everyday average gaming or casual consumer. Why would an enterprise user need discrete graphics unless they're working in graphic design? (Having said that, I was shocked when I realized our Design department Mac users don't even know the difference between IPS and TN panels, which was what they were using).

i3 or i5 a waste with onboard gpu? Try telling that to the finance and marketing folks who crunch over 10k+ lines in Excel every single day. They need the processing power, they don't need a discrete gpu to run productivity suites.

And not that I'm an advocate for Paypal, I've never had a problem with getting a refund from Paypal when the seller didn't deliver. It's happened a few times during my 10+ years using ebay.

I wouldn't pay that much for a laptop w/o a dedicated graphics card.

What the fuck are people so bent out of shape for in regards to onboard graphics. Who gives a fuck, these are solid business laptops that are built to a last. Jesus Christ, we all know I can go to Newegg and get a $799 Acer or $699 HP home laptop with super shitty build quality and get boned by a failed motherboard 1.5 years later and have 0 warranty to stand by. :rolleyes:

i3 or i5 a waste with onboard gpu? Try telling that to the finance and marketing folks who crunch over 10k+ lines in Excel every single day. They need the processing power, they don't need a discrete gpu to run productivity suites.

Owned:D

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The e6410 is a very nice laptop. This is "a mid tier corporate laptop" that does everything a laptop it's buyers and designers want it to do with no fuss. It was never ment for gamers!

15.6" display and all they can deliver is a crappy 1366x768 screen?! I'm really getting sick of seeing that resolution on laptop screens bigger then 13-14". Give me a 1600x900 screen on a 15+" laptop screen. If it's a 17-18" screen it had better be a 1900x1080.

Too many consumers nowadays can't look past the size of the screen and see what low rez screens laptop makers are pumping out.

Resolution is terrible. Unfortunately that is what you see on majority of mainstream laptops. I can't believe consumers buy into this crap. My E6510 has a 1920x1080 screen and it's pretty much perfect, I would not go below 1080p at 15.6".

The E6510 is incredibly solid... even Dell's XPS line does not compare to the build quality. Got it off eBay for $900 with an I5 540M, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD, and 3100M. Would've cost me around $1400 new.

I do not really game on mine but an 310M is adequate for light gaming. It'll run nearly all recent games with details/res toned down. With at least a mid-tier i5, it can also emulate lots of PS2 games at full speed.

The laptops may be suited to withstand physical wear and tear from their users but my comments previously were more pointed toward the internal components failing. We only just started using the 6400 series so hopefully these are better internally l, but my experience with Dell's failing are primarily due to improper cooling and ventilation methods that results it overheating issues, motherboard and internal component failures. If the thing overheats or internal components fail having a nice magnesium alloy housing, solid metal hinges or any type of impact/shock resistance doesn't do you much good. Again this is just my experience.

Last edited:
The laptops may be suited to withstand physical wear and tear from their users but my comments previously were more pointed toward the internal components failing. We only just started using the 6400 series so hopefully these are better internally as well, but my experience with Dell's failing are primarily due to improper cooling and ventilation methods that results it over heating issues, motherboard and internal component failures. If the things overheats or internal components fail having a nice magnesium alloy housing, solid metal hinges or any type of impact/shock resistance doesn't do you much good. Again this is just my experience.

This x10. And Dell has pretty awful customer service. Heating issues with Dell and HP laptops in recent years has put me in the always stay away from their products boat.

(Personal Dell experience: said my laptop would be done in a month or less, they emphasized the 'or less' the first time I called. I call after a month and first guy is like it will be there..... I'm like yea I don't think I want to have to deal with you guys again just cancel it.... I get transferred.... I get transferred, hello sir you order was already canceled a week ago because we don't have the parts - is the website wrong then I ask? - uh yea. Ok well make sure it is cancelled please good day. 1st transfer person calls me back and is like hi did you get disconnected I'm like it was already cancelled..... she is like are you sure? Yes I'm pretty damn sure but if it is not please cancel it. ........ Oh and they still managed to send me a Service Plan Agreement about a month letter. GG. Although I find it highly irrating I guess you could say it was a good of her to call me to make sure I got my stuff resolved. But still.. Went with lenovo , shift button came broken, they sent me a new one and good to go, and now my ideapad works perfect)

The E6510 is incredibly solid... even Dell's XPS line does not compare to the build quality. Got it off eBay for $900 with an I5 540M, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD, and 3100M. Would've cost me around $1400 new.

I do not really game on mine but an 310M is adequate for light gaming. It'll run nearly all recent games with details/res toned down. With at least a mid-tier i5, it can also emulate lots of PS2 games at full speed.

I'm more curious about how your laptop fairs with playing back 720p or 1080p flash videos, like is increasingly common on Youtube (HD) and Hulu. I know my E8400 oc'd to 3.7G with 4G of Ram play 1080p with no problem using no hardware accel, but I wonder whether the i5 is beefy enough to play back that. While we're talking about video playback, how does the i5 fair with h.264 720p and 1080p files?

Maybe this person will still be selling E6410 successors when Dell switch over to SNB, in which case the integrated graphics would no longer be an issue(for me at least).

The e6410 is a very nice laptop. This is "a mid tier corporate laptop" that does everything a laptop it's buyers and designers want it to do with no fuss. It was never ment for gamers!

15.6" display and all they can deliver is a crappy 1366x768 screen?! I'm really getting sick of seeing that resolution on laptop screens bigger then 13-14". Give me a 1600x900 screen on a 15+" laptop screen. If it's a 17-18" screen it had better be a 1900x1080.

Too many consumers nowadays can't look past the size of the screen and see what low rez screens laptop makers are pumping out.

And I'm getting sick of these crap laptops using integrated graphics...Too many consumers can't get past the size or resolution and see what crappy integrated graphics laptop makers are pumping out. Also, Dell and quality/durability don't go together in my book, give me an Acer or Asus any day.

I have the i7 version of this laptop, it is really quite good. The keyboard is cheap and the HDDs are not great, but such is life.

The laptops may be suited to withstand physical wear and tear from their users but my comments previously were more pointed toward the internal components failing. We only just started using the 6400 series so hopefully these are better internally l, but my experience with Dell's failing are primarily due to improper cooling and ventilation methods that results it overheating issues, motherboard and internal component failures. If the thing overheats or internal components fail having a nice magnesium alloy housing, solid metal hinges or any type of impact/shock resistance doesn't do you much good. Again this is just my experience.

The new e6410 and other 10 series laptops have much better cooler than the last gen(e6400). The vents are much bigger and the fan is also bigger. The Heatpipes have been redesigned as well. Overall much better cooler should result in less failures. With a 5 year warranty who cares though. There business warranty service is much better than the consumer service. Next business day on self service parts. Onsite tech with a day or two for most things. Sometimes they may ask to send it to the repair depot and even then it's a 7 day turnaround.

And I'm getting sick of these crap laptops using integrated graphics...Too many consumers can't get past the size or resolution and see what crappy integrated graphics laptop makers are pumping out. Also, Dell and quality/durability don't go together in my book, give me an Acer or Asus any day.

Are you intentionally being hilariously thick?

Look buddy, some people don't give a shit about gaming on a laptop. Besides that, integrated video gets much better battery life.

Wow, people that are being way too specific with THEIR OWN desires and not thinking about anyone else.

Know why I dont have integrated graphics in my laptop? I dont game, I dont do any work that requires more than integrated graphics, and I get much better battery life as well as saving money on my machine. I have ZERO interest in dedicated graphics in my laptop. Now, processor, I would love to have a faster one in mine. Why? I use applications that do a lot of processing and "crunching" that still love any amount of processor they can get. So to think that a fast processor is a waste without some l33t graphics card is just plain stupid.

But it is all about needs, that is why there are options! :)

You have never used a Latitude have you? An Acer is utter junk compared to an E6410.

And not everyone games. Business people don't need SLI'd GTX 480Ms when almost nothing they do demands that kind of graphics power.

Clearly you've never used a latitude... Acer and Asus have nothing that compares to it. What you say applies to a lot of offerings on Dell's consumer lineup, not the business line.

I'm more curious about how your laptop fairs with playing back 720p or 1080p flash videos, like is increasingly common on Youtube (HD) and Hulu. I know my E8400 oc'd to 3.7G with 4G of Ram play 1080p with no problem using no hardware accel, but I wonder whether the i5 is beefy enough to play back that. While we're talking about video playback, how does the i5 fair with h.264 720p and 1080p files?

No issues with video playback on YouTube @ 1080p. Same with H.264 encoded files. In VLC, CPU usage hovers around 20-22% when playing a 1080p movie.

As a more thorough response,
1. Dell Business and Dell Home are totally different animals. Latitudes are solid laptops. E6410s are built of magnesium alloy and are utterly solid. Very little flex, and I can pick it up by a corner easily. They're almost as good as Lenovo's Thinkpads and those have a reputation. You can drop the thing and trust it to work (I've done so before with an older D630). Throw in a 3-year default warranty and it's kicking Acer's and Asus's butt any day of the week.

2. Not everyone buys a laptop to game. Office workers, road warriors, and other business people (which is the target audience of this laptop BTW) don't need SLI'd GTX 480Ms to run Crysis in the office. A 1440x900 screen, a solid chassis that takes abuse, a matte screen, and a good, comfortable keyboard make far more of a difference than a pair of GTX 480Ms that going to do nothing but make the thing run hotter and suck more battery.

3. Size is probably the most important factor in buying a laptop. I don't care if your M17x has Crossfired 5870s, if all I'm going to use it for is taking notes or word processing, I'm better off with something that actually fits in my bag and won't break my back (e.g. an X-series Thinkpad).

How confident are you on that? Like I said, and obviously... I'm very paranoid... lol. I have a paypal that I set up about 5 months ago, but have never used it. :(

His feedback and join date are great so you should be fine. If you are that worried about it just be sure to pay with a credit card through Paypal. That way you are kind of double protected.

Also, Dell and quality/durability don't go together in my book, give me an Acer or Asus any day.

Never has an Asus but Acer's are a piece of $hit for the most part. Like Pylon stated, the Latitudes are a quality product. I can see your remark of some of Dell's cheaper consumer line of laptops but their business class Latitude's are built like a tank with their magnesium case.

Never has an Asus but Acer's are a piece of $hit for the most part. Like Pylon stated, the Latitudes are a quality product. I can see your remark of some of Dell's cheaper consumer line of laptops but their business class Latitude's are built like a tank with their magnesium case.

And built with pride. Combined with Dell Pro support, it's a force to be reckoned with.

When you are repeating your "magnesium durable laptop casing" then its a clear sign the insides are not that great. Nobody, I mean nobody could give 2 shits about some overpriced basic onboard laptop with a magnesium case..... that sounds like something a geek squad guy would try to convince me with, pass and laugh.

Not hot, not a good price, out of date laptop with an insane warranty from crappy fleabay (paypal doesn't refund all your money if they skate, only $200 believe me I know from experience and the reason I avoid ebay/paypal now).... I don't think there needs to be any more bad points for this long and redonkulous thread.

/thread

No issues with video playback on YouTube @ 1080p. Same with H.264 encoded files. In VLC, CPU usage hovers around 20-22% when playing a 1080p movie.

Thanks for the answer. Good to know that the CPU is powerful enough on its own for HD playback.

As for the latitude part, I was using a Latitude D620 and that wasn't on the level of build quality as the Thinkpads at the time. It worked like how a business class laptop should but then it had really bad battery life(~2 hours with just typing documents/excel, no surfing/video), and this with the larger battery installed.

BTW, had it accidentally dropped by a customer and the HDD died. Had it been a thinkpad I think the internal accelerometer would've kept the HDD from dying(park write/read head in time).

Maybe those who mentioned that latitudes are built like tank are thinking of a model beside the D620, but the D620 was just a bit less flimsy than my old Asus Pentium III laptop, which isn't saying much...

Last edited:
When you are repeating your "magnesium durable laptop casing" then its a clear sign the insides are not that great. Nobody, I mean nobody could give 2 shits about some overpriced basic onboard laptop with a magnesium case..... that sounds like something a geek squad guy would try to convince me with, pass and laugh.

Not hot, not a good price, out of date laptop with an insane warranty from crappy fleabay (paypal doesn't refund all your money if they skate, only $200 believe me I know from experience and the reason I avoid ebay/paypal now).... I don't think there needs to be any more bad points for this long and redonkulous thread.

/thread

Well its fairly clearly you just want a laptops to be portable gaming machines. Once you graduate from bagging groceries and pumping gas, you might find yourself in the real world where people use laptops for work and having a strong frame to support the laptop components starts to matters. Also want to know something else that matters? Battery life. You can't always find a wall outlet and when you need to get shit done, small batteries and discreet GPUs are killers.

*All* of the old laptops (4+ years) where I work are currently Dell Latitudes and IBM Thinkpads. Everything else broke after years of heavy use and travel including HPs (consumer division), Compaqs, Acers, and Gateways, and Macbooks...

Back