Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K7

Got my PC up and running, with 1 stick of Kingston KVR24E17S8/8MA. Easily able to overclock my 1700 to 4.0 @ 1.4v, and the ram to 2933 CL14. Please note I have not benchmarked or run stability tests aside from a single memtest86 pass, so no idea if I'm stable.

Proof:
4.0 @ 2933 CL14 ECC UDIMM.png

Unfortunately, it looks like ECC functionality is not working with the K7 at this time. I tried Memtest86, which was inconclusive, and ran an HTML report from CPUZ (Below). I don't know of any other way to check.

No ECC.JPG

Hey guys, Alan here and I'm a GIGABYTE staff member.
Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to link your name directly. Do you know if any planned BIOS updates will include ECC UDIMM support? Thanks!

What's the difference between the Gaming 5 and the K7? Confusingly, there is also a K5! The comparison tool on Gigabyte's website doesn't seem to show any difference whatsoever, but the K7 is more expensive, so there must be a difference.

the k series has a bclk controller other than that not sure of the differences.

the k series has a bclk controller other than that not sure of the differences.

Ah ha! Annoyingly, the bclk isn't listed on the specifications and doesn't show up in the comparison tool, but a manual comparison of the front product pages does show that. Thanks!

Hey guys, Alan here and I'm a GIGABYTE staff member.

Our inventory stock supposed to pull through this week. Haven't seen it yet, but even afterwards it'll take ~1-3 days to ship out to storefront/e-tailers. Expected limited quantity of our boards until 2 weeks later when we have a gigantic shipment incoming.

Amazon now reporting 4/7/17 availability on the K7 if anyone is interested.

Annnnnnnnnd it's gone.

Last edited:
Was on the newegg app for Canada and it showed the Gaming 5 and the K7 in stock earlier tonight. Couldn't believe it, so I went to the mobile site, same thing, both in stock and shipping from Canada, double checked the newegg website, again same thing, in stock and shipping in Canada. They have a pickup centre close to my work so a bit of a bonus, except... I run out for a coffee, get back within 15, and now they are no longer shipping from Canada. arg!
Hard to believe every retailer here has piles of Ryzen CPU's but not a single motherboard to stick it in... unless I want an ASRock or a B350. Hurry up with the shipments to Canada Gigabyte!!

Was on the newegg app for Canada and it showed the Gaming 5 and the K7 in stock earlier tonight. Couldn't believe it, so I went to the mobile site, same thing, both in stock and shipping from Canada, double checked the newegg website, again same thing, in stock and shipping in Canada. They have a pickup centre close to my work so a bit of a bonus, except... I run out for a coffee, get back within 15, and now they are no longer shipping from Canada. arg!
Hard to believe every retailer here has piles of Ryzen CPU's but not a single motherboard to stick it in... unless I want an ASRock or a B350. Hurry up with the shipments to Canada Gigabyte!!

This was my problem as well. My preorder Crosshair VI never shipped from Amazon so I cancelled it and got a B350 board to get the machine up and running for now. Its actually been a good little board and managed to OC my 2666 memory to 2933 with no issue. But I need more slots and better CPU overclocking so I've been biding my time, waiting for one of the good boards to come out. Originally I wanted the Asus but I had a good time with the Gigabyte boards for Z170 so I decided on the K7, it looks really good with the black coloring and I know the VRM will be quality stuff.

I was able to pick up a Gaming K7 from Newegg earlier today. Even at this late hour they are still showing the K7 in stock. No CPU, RAM or storage yet as I am just starting my build and currently have a 6700K system for personal use.

I was able to pick up a Gaming K7 from Newegg earlier today. Even at this late hour they are still showing the K7 in stock. No CPU, RAM or storage yet as I am just starting my build and currently have a 6700K system for personal use.

In stock shipping from Canada though? If it shows shipping from Canada, it gives me the option to pick things up which is convenient because the pickup center is right beside my work.

Canada Computers near me just got 3 boards in, the Gaming 5, K7, and Asus Hero... why one of each no idea... but the K7 was already spoken for.

Last edited:
I bought mine earlier. Once I get that in I'm going to start putting together a full loop for my 1700X. I haven't done full on water in a while but I think its time again, just need a block and some tubing right now.

Nice. Let us know your results when you have everything up and running please. It seems the two boards to beat right now are the K7 and ASRock Taichi (quality/price/features). Still waiting on Ryzen to become a little more mature before I decide on purchasing one.

Just heard from NZXT that cooler brackets should ship next week and the K7 shipped yesterday so pretty excited.

Nephew picked up a K7 at MicroCenter in Columbus, OH yesterday. He said there were four of them there. Since he purchased a 1700 at the same time he got the bundle deal which is $30 off the motherboard. He also told me there were a few B350 and a couple of X370 Fatal1ty boards in their Open Box section. I'm guessing there are those that aren't HOCP types and just want everything to work without messing with BIOS. He is happy so far but now is on the search for Samsung B-die DIMMs to make everything work.

He does a lot of Handbrake stuff so his Kaby Lake Z270 is going to his girlfriend and this will become his main PC build. He sent me this:
572540292790681672%253Faccount_id%253D1

and here is a board in the Open box section:
5900990043425017352%253Faccount_id%253D1

He mentioned there were several of the Clearance items but mostly B350 boards. Here is as far as he was willing to go with the K7:
3005073065286177373%253Faccount_id%253D1

Last edited:
Well I got this board in, updated the BIOS to F3b. No memory overclocking capability at all, it hangs if you even think about going higher than 2133 which is extremely disappointing considering my $89 B350 board can do 3200 with the same sticks.

Last edited:
F3B is beta bios. The shipping bios, F2 works fine. Got my memory to 2933 no problem. I would roll back and wait for next stable version

There is an unreleased f3e bios you can get from gigabytes forum. That's what I'm running. My gskill is running at 3200 just fine.

K5 and k7 in stock at amazon, just ordered a k5 for $159 from AWD, now just need a proc to go with it.
Edit: NVM, it was the Z270X K5. :(
Edit2: Antonline does have them, but not for the price the 270 was going for. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.

Last edited:
K5 and k7 in stock at amazon, just ordered a k5 for $159 from AWD, now just need a proc to go with it.
Edit: NVM, it was the Z270X K5. :(
Edit2: Antonline does have them, but not for the price the 270 was going for. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.

Newegg has the K5 for 194. Too much $?

When the K7 is just $10 more, yes. I'd be okay with $180, but I'd prefer $150, even if that means scratch-n-dent or openbox.

When the K7 is just $10 more, yes. I'd be okay with $180, but I'd prefer $150, even if that means scratch-n-dent or openbox.

I've got the K7. I could have probably sprung for the K5 and been fine. But you know, [H] hah

Reactions: Nobu
like this
Well I got this board in, updated the BIOS to F3b. No memory overclocking capability at all, it hangs if you even think about going higher than 2133 which is extremely disappointing considering my $89 B350 board can do 3200 with the same sticks.
is the ram on the qvl. I'm sure you've seen everyone recommending using ram on the qvl otherwise its a crap-shoot. and if its corsair or crucial add a little extra voltage, ~.05v.

is the ram on the qvl. I'm sure you've seen everyone recommending using ram on the qvl otherwise its a crap-shoot. and if its corsair or crucial add a little extra voltage, ~.05v.

NOTHING works. I was easily able to activate XMP for 2666 with the F2 BIOS. They did something with the AGESA update because I updated my B350 board too and went from 3200 no problem to being stuck at 2133 as well.

but is it on the qvl and did you try manually setting it instead of using xmp? ive never had good luck using xmp on amd platforms but manually setting it always works.

but is it on the qvl and did you try manually setting it instead of using xmp? ive never had good luck using xmp on amd platforms but manually setting it always works.

Yes it is and yes I did. NOTHING WORKS. Zero, zip, nada. Under no circumstances that are currently possible will it exceed 2133mhz right now. It ran PERFECTLY prior to the BIOS update, and rolling back does not undo the AGESA change.

This is not mentioning the thing I'm going to return the board for anyways, which is the absolutely asinine inability to shut off the extra NIC and onboard sound in the BIOS. Seriously Gigabyte? I know there was a Gigabyte rep in here, I hope he reads this because it is dumb as all hell. I've used hundreds of motherboards and I've literally never seen this before, ever. You can't shut the damn audio off. Amazing the things they'll think of.

Last edited:
Yes it is and yes I did. NOTHING WORKS. Zero, zip, nada. Under no circumstances that are currently possible will it exceed 2133mhz right now. It ran PERFECTLY prior to the BIOS update, and rolling back does not undo the AGESA change.

This is not mentioning the thing I'm going to return the board for anyways, which is the absolutely asinine inability to shut off the extra NIC and onboard sound in the BIOS. Seriously Gigabyte?

This probably won't help, but you can turn off the sound in BIOS on the K7.

This probably won't help, but you can turn off the sound in BIOS on the K7.

I've been through every single screen and page on it, there is no option for it. Again, no option for the NICs either. This was one of the reasons I updated the BIOS, was hoping they would show up on the post-release version. Of course, now I can't run RAM past 2133 nor can I turn the stupid sound off either.

Interestingly I also don't have the memory training option which some people showed in screenshots of the updated BIOS.

email gb or find the rep here and see if they have a new beta bios. or go swap it and call it a day.

Here is the sound option.
Gx7rOId.jpg

Also there is a Beta BIOS thread on the GB forums. I asked about being able to disable the other NIC. Because I would like too as well. (Intel only please) I'm also using F3E BIOS.
http://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/886/am4-beta-bios-thread

I just looked again I literally do not have that option, it simply isn't there. I've moved my stuff back to the B350 board for now and packed up the Gigabyte board to be returned. Would be nice if they put those BIOSes on their website instead of ending at F3b.

I just looked again I literally do not have that option, it simply isn't there. I've moved my stuff back to the B350 board for now and packed up the Gigabyte board to be returned. Would be nice if they put those BIOSes on their website instead of ending at F3b.

One of the UEFI BIOS versions I needed to make a board work for me isn't available on GIGABYTE's website either. At present, I have no clue why that is.

One of the UEFI BIOS versions I needed to make a board work for me isn't available on GIGABYTE's website either. At present, I have no clue why that is.

I was kind of disappointed, I had a Gigabyte Z170 board at launch and it was rock solid, more options opened up over time with the BIOS revisions but I never had issues with it like this one. I'll stick to my little $89 board for now, it still OC's the CPU to 4.0ghz no problem.

I was kind of disappointed, I had a Gigabyte Z170 board at launch and it was rock solid, more options opened up over time with the BIOS revisions but I never had issues with it like this one. I'll stick to my little $89 board for now, it still OC's the CPU to 4.0ghz no problem.

It's funny you bring up Z170 as its launch was stellar despite being rushed. GIGABYTE was at least a week or so out on having a finalized UEFI BIOS for its Z170 line before launch. Of course they weren't screwed by Intel the way they have been by AMD with its AGESA code. Z270 was a perfect launch or at least, as perfect as it gets. I think I saw finalized motherboards and UEFI BIOS code five weeks or more before launch day. AM4 is the biggest cluster fuck of a motherboard launch I've ever seen in my two decades of working with computer hardware.

It's funny you bring up Z170 as its launch was stellar despite being rushed. GIGABYTE was at least a week or so out on having a finalized UEFI BIOS for its Z170 line before launch. Of course they weren't screwed by Intel the way they have been by AMD with its AGESA code. Z270 was a perfect launch or at least, as perfect as it gets. I think I saw finalized motherboards and UEFI BIOS code five weeks or more before launch day. AM4 is the biggest cluster fuck of a motherboard launch I've ever seen in my two decades of working with computer hardware.

Yeah, I agree. I'm still wondering what the stuffed in that AGESA update because both boards I had would no longer work with any memory speed over 2133 once I flashed it. Currently clocking my previously 3200/C15 kit at 2133/C10 until the next update rolls out.

Back