Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K7

Discussion in 'AMD MoBos' started by Romeomium, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Romeomium

Romeomium Limp Gawd

Anyone know when the Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K7 is going to be released? Newegg listed it as today, but I don't believe it ever got posted. It just still says "Out of Stock". Unless for some reason the board sold out between midnight and 6am...

2. TsingTao

TsingTao n00bie

I haven't seen it as available anywhere yet. It didn't sell out on Newegg either...I never got an alert that it was ever available.

I've been holding out for this one as well. If I see it pop up anywhere I'll holler.

3. Dan_D

Dan_D [H]ardOCP Motherboard Editor

I don't think those are available just yet.

4. Pieter3dnow

Pieter3dnow [H]ardness Supreme

That is the same as I heard it is announced but not yet close to any physical appearance

5. Romeomium

Romeomium Limp Gawd

:( I have everything else in hand, was waiting for this board. Gah.

6. Dan_D

I think it's technically released but there doesn't seem to be any availability of it at this time.

7. ANSZ

ANSZ Official Gigabyte Representative

Hey guys, Alan here and I'm a GIGABYTE staff member.

Our inventory stock supposed to pull through this week. Haven't seen it yet, but even afterwards it'll take ~1-3 days to ship out to storefront/e-tailers. Expected limited quantity of our boards until 2 weeks later when we have a gigantic shipment incoming.

8. Romeomium

Romeomium Limp Gawd

Awesome, thanks for the update!

How's the K7 bios looking?? (y)

9. ANSZ

TBH, I haven't gotten any early samples in-house for testing. Ryzen has been a rush for everyone. So the moment I get the samples in hand, they'll be shipped off for review and testing.

10. Dan_D

If you are from one of the motherboard manufacturers, you should E-Mail Kyle so he can setup your account so that people know you are a vendor as per the forum rules.

You are not wrong though. Rush job all around.

pendragon1 likes this.
  11. pendragon1

pendragon1 [H]ardness Supreme

i was just aboot to suggest that too. saw one of his other post and was wondering who he was etc.

12. THUMPer

THUMPer I Sit in Stink

I want to know what the difference between them are

13. Romeomium

Romeomium Limp Gawd

Colors, BCLK chip, probably some other small stuff

14. Pieter3dnow

Pieter3dnow [H]ardness Supreme

Gaming 5 is out there and as you have read the gaming K7 will be a while. Chew over at xtremesystems.org did some testing with the Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 5, was impressed with what he was able to get out of it.

15. Romeomium

Romeomium Limp Gawd

Yeah, I've been following Chew. Gaming 5 is out of stock most places too, and I really wanted the all black mobo for my case. The BCLK chip is just icing I'll probably never use, lol.

16. Wah007

Wah007 n00bie

I have one on order from my local computer shop, I was told they'd be receiving their batch of the Gaming K7 by next friday.

I spoke to a staff member at Scan and was told they're receiving a limited batch today.

jmmahon1224 likes this.
  17. Romeomium

Romeomium Limp Gawd

Assuming you're in EU/UK, I believe you will be getting the boards ahead of USA. Let me know how you like it when it comes in!

18. Wah007

Wah007 n00bie

Oh yeah, sorry forgot to mention I'm from the UK. I was told the batch is on its way and will be with the shop mid to end next week.

I'll be sure to let you guys know how I get on with it.

Romeomium likes this.
  19. ANSZ

Yup, this is the difference between the K7 and 5.

20. ChristmasGT

ChristmasGT Limp Gawd

Any chance you know if the Gaming 8 is near on the horizon? Thanks!

21. ANSZ

Sorry, but its not on our roadmap! The AX370-Gaming K7 will be the flagship board for our Ryzen product lineup.

22. ChristmasGT

ChristmasGT Limp Gawd

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap. Thanks so much for the heads up, guess I'll be rolling the K7 then, really like the K8's design and Audio perks.

Really appreciate your reply!

ANSZ likes this.
  23. GalaxyDrifter

GalaxyDrifter n00bie

I just ordered an AX370-Gaming K7 from Newegg a few mins ago. So they have them, but not sure for how long.

24. Romeomium

Romeomium Limp Gawd

Purchased mine too!

25. jmmahon1224

jmmahon1224 [H]Lite

Is MicroCenter going to carry the K7?

26. Formula.350

Formula.350 Gawd

I wasn't even able to find the Gaming 7 on NewEgg, so someone got lucky me thinks! :p

27. Romeomium

Romeomium Limp Gawd

Yep out of stock already! LOL, let's see if I get mine

28. GalaxyDrifter

GalaxyDrifter n00bie

IIRC it did not show up unless you did a search for the entire product name.

29. Renner88

Renner88 n00bie

Anyone running some 2x16 3200MHz CL16 RAM on this? Or on K5? I ordered this RAM before from G.Skill, and I have those two mobos available on my domestic market atm.

30. Romeomium

Romeomium Limp Gawd

Dual Rank DDR4 may be difficult to clock that high at this time. Right now Single Rank (8GB sticks) is recommended to get the best results. The same can be said for 2 vs 4 ram sticks.

31. y0bailey

y0bailey Gawd

What in the flying heck is the difference between the Gaming 5 and the K7? I run the "compare" tool on the gigabyte website and literally 100% same listing. Anyone help me out here?

I'm still in the market for a x370 board, but dear lord I have never had this much trouble picking a motherboard before.

32. Renner88

Renner88 n00bie

K7, apparently, has some chip that allows for better overclocking. That's about it.

33. y0bailey

y0bailey Gawd

Thanks for the info. To me, it seems like these chips aren't MOBO limited when overclocking, but all of them hit the wall at 3.9-4.1ghz regardless. Thinking since that is the case and I'm not doing any extreme cooling/overclocking attempts, saving a few bucks may be in order. Does that seem crazy?

34. Romeomium

Romeomium Limp Gawd

You'll be fine with the Gaming 5 or other x370 board. I wanted the K7 mainly for color scheme, and the external B-Clock chip was nice.

35. GalaxyDrifter

GalaxyDrifter n00bie

The extra chip on the K7 allows you to change the base clock (bclk) values.

This use to be standard on most chipsets/motherboards, but for Ryzen it is an optional clock (chip) that must be designed on the motherboard. Only a few x370 boards have it, including the K7.

It's main value is not for the CPU, but allows a lot more options on your DDR timings. So if you have sticks that only run a lot lower than spec, many times you can oc it closer to spec (or even above) by changing the base clock.

There are other considerations when increasing the base clock, as it oc more things than just your ram, but most the the concerns stem from similar problems from Intel chipsets and speculations. It will take time to know what are safe values on x370 boards.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  36. ANSZ

Our AX370-Gaming K5 will also have a BCLK chip on it at an even lowest MSRP than the Gaming 5. However you will also have a weaker VRM power phase, making it not ideal if you are indeed looking at some OC.

37. Romeomium

Romeomium Limp Gawd

38. drescherjm

drescherjm [H]ardForum Junkie

39. jmmahon1224

jmmahon1224 [H]Lite

40. Romeomium

Romeomium Limp Gawd

Sadly, the initial Ram I ordered apparently isn't available. Not sure how it's still listed on Ebay, but it is what it is.

Got 1x Micron 2400 ECC UDIMM 8Gb single rank on the way. If it works, I'll pick up more. Already have a few hundred tied up in trying to get an ebay refund, so I didn't want to buy lots to not have them work.

drescherjm likes this.