Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K7

Yeah, I agree. I'm still wondering what the stuffed in that AGESA update because both boards I had would no longer work with any memory speed over 2133 once I flashed it. Currently clocking my previously 3200/C15 kit at 2133/C10 until the next update rolls out.

Different AGESA code has a huge impact on memory compatibility. It seems like GIGABYTE and other companies would go with the broadest compatibility, but I'm guessing it comes at some sort of cost our you'd see BIOS versions like F5g. I've never seen a whole lot of information on what these UEFI versions do outside of memory compatibility. So far, F5g has the broadest memory compatibility I've seen. Even then, I've had trouble getting AM4 to run stable speeds over DDR4 2400MHz. I think Kyle's only had success with one specific memory kit. Between the two of us we've got at least a dozen different kits to choose from that simply don't work right with the AM4 motherboards we've tested. Many modules rated for nearly twice JEDEC speeds won't even allow the system to POST at DDR4 2666MHz. In one case, I get a no memory beep simply by changing the memory clocks from DDR4 2400MHz to DDR4 2666MHz.

It's a ridiculous situation. I thought that the poor XMP compatibility exhibited since X99's launch was bad. This shit is nothing short of unacceptable. I'm no stranger to the issues that often result from being an early adopter but AM4 memory compatibility problems are unreal.

Anyone seen a reputable overclocking guide out there for the K7?

Not a single review of this board up yet, except for the Salizar video on YouTube, which is only 4 minutes and not very in depth.

I have both the K7 and the ROG Crosshair boards sitting here in my apartment. I'm torn between the two. The ROG board looks really nice, but doesn't have as many LEDs. The K7 has lights galore and actually looks like it goes with my case much better. Going to play around with both boards and then determine which one to RMA.

There is an unreleased f3e bios you can get from gigabytes forum. That's what I'm running. My gskill is running at 3200 just fine.

Just got my K7 today! It'll be awhile before I get the rest of the parts for a new rig. What gskill memory did you grab to run at 3200? I'd like to add that to my list of stuff to grab (eventually).

Just got my K7 today! It'll be awhile before I get the rest of the parts for a new rig. What gskill memory did you grab to run at 3200? I'd like to add that to my list of stuff to grab (eventually).

At this time there is an official F3 BIOS I'm running without a hitch.
My RAM is F4-3200C14D-16GTZ

That was my post on overclocker.net, but it is not my work! I asked mus1mus if I could take his post and condense it into a PDF and he said "go for it." I still don't have my system up and running but just ordered CPU and RAM today, already have everything else.

Yeah I'm over there too. :)

Cool points awarded to anyone that can post a review for this board. It's baffling to me that there's only 1 review on Youtube.

Does this count?

It's not a very technical review, but it does show a lot of the aesthetics. At this point I'll take whatever coverage I can get. I'm more concerned about stability and overclocking results, especially compared to the AUS ROG Crosshair VI.

I have both boards at my house, trying to decide which one to return.

In any case, cool points awarded!

It's not a very technical review, but it does show a lot of the aesthetics. At this point I'll take whatever coverage I can get. I'm more concerned about stability and overclocking results, especially compared to the AUS ROG Crosshair VI.

I have both boards at my house, trying to decide which one to return.

In any case, cool points awarded!

So I have a K7, and I am liking the board very much. Cool to look at, very solid build. Seems to be plenty of options in the BIOS and has had rock solid stability. Only downer is that I haven't been able to hit 3200 on the RAM. Not sure if it is the RAM or the board at this point.

I bought these: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232194 hoping to push the BCLK above 3200, but getting them to 3200 with the current BIOSs available has been impossible with any kind of overclock on the CPU.

I am settled right now at 3.9 Ghz on a 103 BCLK and the RAM is set at 2933 for 3000Mhz effective clock at CL14. http://valid.x86.fr/slkii8

One thing that I would say is a plus to the Gigabyte board is that they are actively developing BIOSs which there are a couple of BETAs available to try. http://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/886/am4-beta-bios-thread

I am not sure Asus is so aggressive with their BIOS releases.

My mini-review:

yergg

Managed to test my AMD build just the other day, and I'm having some super weird behavior with my K7. I updated to the latest official F3 BIOS prior to setting up everything- but for some reason, when I power on the machine, it'll start (lights on board come on, fans initially kick off) and then immediately stop. It'll do this for about 4-5 times, before finally booting up. I'm a bit perplexed by this, not quite sure what I could be doing wrong.

Memory is not overclocked, neither is the 1700 processor which I kept on default. Thinking it might be the official BIOS that I did a Q-Flash on (I'll try the backup BIOS or something later tonight) but just wanted to see if anyone else experienced similar issues too?

Managed to test my AMD build just the other day, and I'm having some super weird behavior with my K7. I updated to the latest official F3 BIOS prior to setting up everything- but for some reason, when I power on the machine, it'll start (lights on board come on, fans initially kick off) and then immediately stop. It'll do this for about 4-5 times, before finally booting up. I'm a bit perplexed by this, not quite sure what I could be doing wrong.

Memory is not overclocked, neither is the 1700 processor which I kept on default. Thinking it might be the official BIOS that I did a Q-Flash on (I'll try the backup BIOS or something later tonight) but just wanted to see if anyone else experienced similar issues too?

Had the same issue until I jumpered the bios default switch and started it back up, everything worked normally from there.

Had the same issue until I jumpered the bios default switch and started it back up, everything worked normally from there.

Thanks, this did help resolve my issue the other day- but I seem to be having something extremely strange happening that's left me a bit flustered. Everything worked great last night, up until this morning. When I turned my machine on this morning, my Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti's LEDs were slow flashing on and off, and I wasn't getting any signal to my monitor. I tried the above again, resetting the jumper, but nothing happening. I thought maybe my PSU was faulty again, so I tried my other PSU, but still the same thing. I noticed I'm not getting any activity at all in the back - the network ports, or my peripherals like USB mouse and keyboard weren't lighting up. I plugged them into another machine, and looks like they work fine... do you think my motherboard went kaput..? I'm getting the LEDs lighting up on the board though, when using the backup BIOS - no LEDs on the other BIOS.

I pulled the CMOS battery, jumpered the reset multiple times... just nothing's posting. :(

EDIT: Ugh, got it to finally start up with all lights solid - no signal, but I do have a debug code of 54. Saw a thread elsewhere where someone suggested replacing the motherboard. :O

EDIT 2: Board is dead.. just to check, got another set of RAM as well as another processor to check, and neither are working. I got a CH6 on the side to check the original CPU, and it's working fine. Good grief, I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Last edited:
http://forum.gigabyte.us/post/4419

Agesa 1006 among other great fixes

Just to recap these are the issue being worked on:

*For those looking for IOMMU fixes we are hopefully going to have an option to force boot off a specific PCIe slot. Its not the grouping fix, but a work around for now.
*Disable LAN (Per request)
Disable Audio (Per request)
"ROM Image update" (Being worked on with AMI, no ETA)
Cold boot / Wont boot. Have to re-flash BIOS. (people have referred to this as "soft brick")
*AGESA 1006 - improve memory (Got high hopes for this one. Going to enable 20+ memory register)

(Edit) P-State overclocking / downclocking while overclocked.

* Should be included in next round of BETA BIOS - but no promises, just the latest I heard from our BIOS guys.

Reactions: Nobu
like this
http://forum.gigabyte.us/post/4419

Agesa 1006 among other great fixes

Just to recap these are the issue being worked on:

*For those looking for IOMMU fixes we are hopefully going to have an option to force boot off a specific PCIe slot. Its not the grouping fix, but a work around for now.
*Disable LAN (Per request)
Disable Audio (Per request)
"ROM Image update" (Being worked on with AMI, no ETA)
Cold boot / Wont boot. Have to re-flash BIOS. (people have referred to this as "soft brick")
*AGESA 1006 - improve memory (Got high hopes for this one. Going to enable 20+ memory register)

(Edit) P-State overclocking / downclocking while overclocked.

* Should be included in next round of BETA BIOS - but no promises, just the latest I heard from our BIOS guys.
Hurry and work out the bugs so us k5'ers can get an F3 soon! We don't get the beta candy like you guys. :(

I think these are fixes for a wide range of boards. not just the K7.
Yeah, but they'll be in the next beta bios, of which the k5 has yet to receive. I'm going to assume the trend continues, which means no love until a stable release with those changes, which could be a couple weeks after the stable release for the k7, which will probably be a couple weeks or more after the beta is released. So...yeah. :/

Back