Ghostwire: Tokyo

Ghostwire: Tokyo Launches on Xbox in April, Update to Add New Mode and Expand the World

Tango Gameworks’ supernatural action-adventure game Ghostwire: Tokyo is coming to Xbox Series X and Microsoft’s Game Pass subscription service on April 12th publisher Bethesda Softworks announced Wednesday...Ghostwire: Tokyo will be available for both Xbox and Windows PC through Game Pass

Coinciding with Ghostwire: Tokyo’s Xbox Series X release is a free update for the original game on PlayStation 5 and PC...the “Spider’s Thread” update, as Tango and Bethesda call it, will add new locations throughout Tokyo, which include new missions and additional mysteries to solve...the game’s core storyline will also be updated with “extended cutscenes, granting players a deeper look into the plot,” according to the developer...

https://www.polygon.com/23640152/ghostwire-tokyo-xbox-game-pass-release-date

Not interested enough to play it again, sounds like a tacked on game mode. Additional cutscenes would have been nice back when I played it. Probably amounts to 2-3 minutes of extras without any real noteworthy content though.

Not interested enough to play it again, sounds like a tacked on game mode. Additional cutscenes would have been nice back when I played it. Probably amounts to 2-3 minutes of extras without any real noteworthy content though.

what would you grade the game?...it has a unique look and style to it but the gameplay seems a little dull

what would you grade the game?...it has a unique look and style to it but the gameplay seems a little dull

Somewhere around a 6 to 6.5.

It does get repetitive, enemy types are not fun enough or that diverse and some of your attacks aren't really worth using because others are simply better.

I fired this up on my oled monitor holy shit does it look nice then I didn't have it at 1440P was playing on a 1080P before wow this one of the better looking games out there.

I fired this up on my oled monitor holy shit does it look nice then I didn't have it at 1440P was playing on a 1080P before wow this one of the better looking games out there.
It really is a very visually appearling game imho. Not to mention, it's setting really lends it self well to displays with a better handling of blacks and dark tones.

In an awkward twist, they have added Denuvo around a year after the game was released. What an odd decision. I wonder why they are doing it now. To protect DLC sales? Makes no sense to do it so late.

In an awkward twist, they have added Denuvo around a year after the game was released. What an odd decision. I wonder why they are doing it now. To protect DLC sales? Makes no sense to do it so late.
Doing it within days of RE:Village having it removed due to performance issues it was causing makes it a particularly bad look.

Doing it within days of RE:Village having it removed due to performance issues it was causing makes it a particularly bad look.
The performance issues in RE8 were caused by Capcom's own DRM, not Denuvo. Their DRM was apparently checking every single pixel each frame, which is why FPS tanked during a certain boss fight.

The performance issues in RE8 were caused by Capcom's own DRM, not Denuvo. Their DRM was apparently checking every single pixel each frame, which is why FPS tanked during a certain boss fight.
Do you have a source on that because the best info I've seen is in this video:

They do mention that it's a blend of DRM but they don't specify which is causing the problem, they do mention about entry points specifically being involved but that's something that is handled by denuvo in other games. Not that it really matters because they removed denuvo which means it was either part of the problem or denuvo was worthless without the extra code which seems unlikely since it generally includes a couple base levels of copy protection beyond whatever extra stuff gets added.

It also illustrates that denuvo is bad since it's constantly getting extra layers of crap added to it so you never know exactly how bad an implementation of it is going to be. Honestly it kind of bothers me that in the video they dismiss a steady ~7% decrease in performance in another denuvo title as acceptable but I don't see how anyone could dismiss the stutterfest illustrated in the video as acceptable and it's not the first denuvo title to have frametime issues that weren't present on the console versions.

Attachments

• Ghostwire.jpg
    Ghostwire.jpg
    686 KB · Views: 1
I'm tinkering around with this now that it's on Gamepass. As a game, it's pretty bad. Coming from someone who just played through ALL of Redfall, it's way worse than that. As a visual and audio showcase it's absolutely incredible though. I have no idea if I'll be able to stomach the game itself, but it's worth downloading and firing up just to see how good a PC game can look.

I'm tinkering around with this now that it's on Gamepass. As a game, it's pretty bad. Coming from someone who just played through ALL of Redfall, it's way worse than that. As a visual and audio showcase it's absolutely incredible though. I have no idea if I'll be able to stomach the game itself, but it's worth downloading and firing up just to see how good a PC game can look.
Gets better as you get more powers,weapons and progress further in the game.

I played this for a bit and it was terrible. Gave up on it just like Atomic Heart as well. Ain't nobody got time for below average garbage.

I didn't find it anywhere near terrible. Just repetitive and shallow gameplay with few enemy types. And one type of power tree was largely useless. Graphically the textures aren't that good, but the city design itself is well done.

No clue how long it is, but 5-6 hours in I feel like it's pretty bad. If it wasn't between major release (and on Gamepass), I would have already bailed. I really like the lighting effects and look to everything, but as a game I think it's boring as hell.

I'm continuing to play through this game (nothing better to do), and it's interesting how much effort they put into some of the side stories. Quests that are buried deep in the final chapters of the game that probably 99% of players will never experience. In general, it's clear a lot of work went into this game. The catch is that you're still doing the same things over and over and over. What a weird game. It's like a 10/10 for presentation and a 4/10 in gameplay.

People give this a lot of praise for graphics, I don't think it looks that great. Looks very average. Gameplay is average but repetitive. The city design is the best part. I'd probably give it a 6/10 overall. It was decent enough, just a generic action adventure type of game that has too few enemy types and abilities.

I finished it. Decent game. Has typical open world stuff. It's repetitive, very similar to the newer AC games. It's all night based and raining half the time. Tokyo at night is cool but also boring due to zero change in environment. Random side missions are great and take a hour + to complete. Most are simple.

On the plus, no humans, just ghosts and animals to interact with. It was a, turn off my brain and play type game most of the time. Some enemies are tricky most are not.

Runs great max settings at 4k, 60 fps with a 3070.

I didn't like the first half of it, but the last half was pretty solid. They saved a lot of the better content (both stories and battles) for the end. That kinda sucks considering the early sections are bad enough that I almost bailed on the game more than once. I think the graphics and lighting effects are the main reasons I didn't. It's a really good looking game even if the gameplay gets kinda tired. If you don't totally hate it, try to stick it out.

I got this for free from one of Epic’s earlier giveaways…still haven’t played it yet

I hear the ray-tracing is impressive

Back