Ghost of Tsushima (PS4 exclusive)

T4rd

Fully [H]
I am looking forward to playing this again on PS5, so I am hoping they add some enhancements for it. I would be happy with 1440@60 and take advantage of VRR. I don't think the PS5 will have enough power to run at true 4K/60.

I would think the PS5 would most definitely have enough power to run any PS4 game at 4k/60, as I think the main thing holding PS4 (and Xbone) games back from 60 FPS is the CPU bottleneck that I've seen referenced a few times from developers. And the new Zen 2 CPU is a much bigger leap from the old Jaguar than the GPU upgrade was. But I'm sure they will have to patch in 60 FPS support for any resolution and can't completely rely on the BC tech to increase frame rate like that and with a 2.5x TFLOP power increase and the devs optimizing the game a bit for PS5, 4k/60 should be achievable esp. with any form of dynamic res scaling that consoles love to use. But I'm hoping the next gen consoles and devs on them really start leveraging VRR and start unlocking frame rates given that I got my C9 OLED mainly for HDMI 2.1 and its VRR support up to 120 Hz.

I've had time to ramp up play time on this over the past two weeks. Finished it last night - really enjoyed this game. I even got 100% trophy which is extremely rare for me.

I can agree with criticisms of repetition but for some reason I never really got tired of it. There was decent pacing of exploration and combat that balanced everything out pretty well. The gorgeous environments really helped in that aspect as well. Plenty of amazing views.

Like many others my backlog is very long so it's rare that I get to replay a game but I could totally see myself playing through this again on the PS5 if it supported higher frame rates.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this

polonyc2

Fully [H]
A new Ghost of Tsushima update is releasing next week, introducing the Legends co-op multiplayer mode, New Game +, and much more...Sucker Punch Senior Game Designer Darren Bridges confirmed today on the Official PlayStation Blog that the 1.1 update will be released for free on October 16th...

kirbyrj

Fully [H]
I'll pick this up to play on the PS5 with the assumption that it will be one of the "boosted" titles with better performance.

Nolan7689

[H]ard|Gawd

SkillUp has a nice little review of the Legends mode that I find to be spot on.
Mostly he just shames all the shitty live service games that have the audacity to be $60 and release in horrible states. And even after multiple patches still don’t match the quality of this free update.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this

Q-BZ

Fully [H]
My personal GOTY crown is Ghosts' to lose and handily. I dare Cyberpunk and Assassin's Creed Valhalla to step to it. I'd love to a triple threat quandry at the end of the year.

Nolan7689

[H]ard|Gawd
Unless Assassins Creed drops their pseudo RPG bullshit it can’t come close for me.
Call me simple but I enjoyed the games for the stupid story and the city scape parkour.

The ship combat is fun as well but I really feel they lost something. Of course I never got around to rogue/syndicate/unity and skipped 3 and Origin.

In essence I think Ghost of Tsushima is a better Assassins Creed game than Assassins Creed is at this point.