Ghost of Tsushima (Confirmed)

Well that kinda sucks. Not that I care about the multiplayer mode as I won't use it, but because of having that requirement for multiplayer means this game will not show up on GoG (most likely). As long as I don't need to login or link my PSN account to Steam account just to play the game in Single Player I am still willing to buy it.

Safe to say all online Sony games will require it. SP games should be fine.

why are people making a big deal about linking PSN accounts to Steam?...I used to have a PS4 (sold it a few years back) so I wonder if my old PSN account is still active?...I don't have any issues linking them...is there some downside to it that I'm not understanding?...I think I have my Steam account linked to Ubisoft Connect and maybe EA as well

why are people making a big deal about linking PSN accounts to Steam?...I used to have a PS4 (sold it a few years back) so I wonder if my old PSN account is still active?...I don't have any issues linking them...is there some downside to it that I'm not understanding?...I think I have my Steam account linked to Ubisoft Connect and maybe EA as well
It has something to do with how often Sony gets hacked, people don't want their personal information on their servers. https://firewalltimes.com/sony-data-breach-timeline/

PSN isn’t available in several countries, multiple countries require you to use a console to sign up for an account. Helldivers 2 had to be pulled from sale in over 100 countries because of this. It’s a pretty big deal.

Can't speak for anyone else but myself, but I hate having accounts linked or extra logins to other game clients for a single reason, I don't want Sony getting any bright ideas that they can not only add an extra DRM check via PSN on single player games in the future by slow rolling in the PSN account stuff via it's only for multiplayer (at the moment) and eventually land to become their own "store and client" app like MS, Blizzard, Ubisoft and Rockstar currently do.

PSN isn’t available in several countries, multiple countries require you to use a console to sign up for an account. Helldivers 2 had to be pulled from sale in over 100 countries because of this. It’s a pretty big deal.

that would be idiotic if Sony required people on PC to use a console to sign up...I just checked and logged into my PSN account from 8 years ago and everything worked fine...it's still active and all my digital PS4 games are still available

Can't speak for anyone else but myself, but I hate having accounts linked or extra logins to other game clients for a single reason, I don't want Sony getting any bright ideas that they can not only add an extra DRM check via PSN on single player games in the future by slow rolling in the PSN account stuff via it's only for multiplayer (at the moment) and eventually land to become their own "store and client" app like MS, Blizzard, Ubisoft and Rockstar currently do.
You don't need the Xbox app to play Halo on Steam, but you still need to link to a Microsoft account. Once you link your PSN account you never have to log into it separately again.

There are many games on Steam that require a third-party account to play some or all of their features while not requiring a separate client to be installed or run alongside the game.

So linking to a PSN account, isn't that intrusive other than sharing personal information and data collected while playing the game? No launcher running? Also where do I make a PSN account? I just want to read the privacy policy prior to doing so.

38% done with the Main Quest a new feature if you mouse over the game on your PS5 it shows how far you are on the bottom right side must of been a software update. The thing I like about this game it looks good and feels fun to play. Alot of game are so grim and gritty. I love the partial effect with the blown leaves in this game and wind flow quest thingy.

Haptic feedback for riding the horse is also nice it's in sync with the galloping horse

I want to play this game, but there don’t seem to be any digital codes for it out there?

I want to snag one for cheap from someone but it seems like disc is the only option for second hand.

I bought this for my PS4 Pro for $20 (the last time I turned my PS4 Pro on was 4yrs previously) and got pretty far but when I heard a PC version was coming I stopped.

I'm looking forward to playing it on my PC.

I saw this but while $40 is pretty cheap, it’s still more than I want to pay. Currently playing Spiderman 2 which I got for $20. That’s my target, once I finish Spiderman I will start looking for one I can get for $20

Game comes out in around a week. So you'll be waiting a year or so, maybe more, for that $20 price.

What the game comes out in a week! Someone slow down time please!

The sooner it releases the better. If you don't have time to play it more power to you, wait for a sale and get it when you actually have time to play it. :D

1 point to you for giving him 10 points. And how about 1 point to me for giving you 1 point. What’s the point of this post? There is no point. Zero point, in fact.
100% agree there is no point. Just returning the passive agressive energy. Clearly they didn’t read the exchange, missed the context and felt the need to insert themselves in the conversation.

I expressed a desire to play the game and someone replied that it’s on sale at GS for PS5. I replied with it’s not cheap enough for me. The end.

100% agree there is no point. Just returning the passive agressive energy. Clearly they didn’t read the exchange, missed the context and felt the need to insert themselves in the conversation.

I expressed a desire to play the game and someone replied that it’s on sale at GS for PS5. I replied with it’s not cheap enough for me. The end.
I posted a link to the PS5 version since "disc" and "second hand" was mentioned. The PC version isn't even out yet and there will be no disc version, which is what led me to the PS5 version.

i knew this game would suffer from the fake drama over helldivers 2... sad times we live in..

Fake drama? What, exactly, is fake about making the game unplayable to people you sold it? What is fake about denying refunds to those people (the only reason refunds were issued is because Valve stepped in)? What is fake about removing the game from sale in the vast majority of countries it was previously sold in?

Fake drama? What, exactly, is fake about making the game unplayable to people you sold it? What is fake about denying refunds to those people (the only reason refunds were issued is because Valve stepped in)? What is fake about removing the game from sale in the vast majority of countries it was previously sold in?
Dev's said in discord people that live in counties that can't make PSN accounts wouldn't be affected and not required to make one ( helldivers2)... This was literally fake drama over NOTHING.. and sadly this game will suffer from it..

Dev's said in discord people that live in counties that can't make PSN accounts wouldn't be affected and not required to make one ( helldivers2)... This was literally fake drama over NOTHING.. and sadly this game will suffer from it..

And yet Sony removed the game from all those countries and refused to offer refunds. Why the fuck are you sucking Sony's cock so much over this?

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2215430/view/4188987871078331985

Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut PC launch details
Hey everyone,

Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut is releasing on PC soon. We're excited for you to experience Jin's journey, the Iki Island expansion, and Legends co-op multiplayer!

You can now pre-load the game on Steam. By doing so, you can download the game ahead of its release on May 16. Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut launches on May 16 at 8:00 AM PDT / 5:00 PM CEST / 7:00 PM GST. Check out the infographic below for more time zones (click to enlarge).

a9bab1949c71722a72f59c03e9a971aa1cc8fc53.jpg

Legends co-operative multiplayer
As previously announced, Legends co-op multiplayer mode will include cross-play between players on PS4 consoles, PS5 consoles and PC. Legends will be functional on PC at launch, but you won't be automatically matched with players on different platforms. Cross-play will launch in beta, meaning you can try it out by inviting your PlayStation Network friends. We would love your feedback as we continue to make adjustments in the weeks following launch!
Steam Deck support
We know many of you are eager to play Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut on handheld gaming devices like the Steam Deck. We're happy to share that the single player experience, including the Iki Island expansion, can be enjoyed on Steam Deck and similar handheld gaming PCs as we’ve worked extensively to optimize performance and deliver the best possible experience on these devices.

You may notice that Steam marks the game as 'Unsupported' for Steam Deck. This is due to the Legends co-op multiplayer mode requiring Windows to access PlayStation Network integrated features.

On behalf of everyone at Nixxes and Sucker Punch, we can't wait for PC players to start their adventure and fight for the freedom of Tsushima!

15e4f805652435ef83ab26cd0ad67dbb31b4ce26.jpg

Game has been de-listed on Steam in the same 100 or so countries that Helldivers2 were in the whole PSN network connection drama from last week. Perhaps Valve is doing this to avoid refund issues. I know last weekend the devs at Ghosts said the multiplayer would requires PSN but not single player.

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/271597/ghost-of-tsushima-director_s-cut-steam-delistings

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/1cov0pk/sony_hates_us/
Sony is the one who removed the game from sale in those countries, not Valve. The person or entity that publishes a game on Steam is the one that has control over that. Which is why it was a fuckup on Sony's part for selling it globally to begin with.
And yet Sony removed the game from all those countries and refused to offer refunds. Why the fuck are you sucking Sony's cock so much over this?
They didn't remove it from the libraries of people who already bought it, you just can't buy new copies from those countries.

It's Sony's fault for listing the game for sale in countries that don't support PSN, and it's people's fault for not acknowledging the PSN account requirement when they bought the game. The requirement that was always listed in the third-party notification section in the sidebar, highlighted in bright gold. And you can't say people don't look there when the internet always spergs out when a game has Denuvo Anti-Tamper listed.

1715775656643.png

Dont other games require a 3rd account for multiplayer like rockstar / GTA games /call of duty etc? Is the PSN account absolutely necessary to play the single player? I have it on ps4/ps5 and its a great game. i wouldn't mind picking it up again on PC for another play through (if time permits, my backlog already too dang big!) .

PC gamers are a picky bunch, but i get it, my steam account should be sufficient enough to play anything thats on it without having to create or have an additional account

Dont other games require a 3rd account for multiplayer like rockstar / GTA games /call of duty etc? Is the PSN account absolutely necessary to play the single player? I have it on ps4/ps5 and its a great game. i wouldn't mind picking it up again on PC for another play through (if time permits, my backlog already too dang big!) .

PC gamers are a picky bunch, but i get it, my steam account should be sufficient enough to play anything thats on it without having to create or have an additional account
No, you don't need a PSN account to play the single player.

Is this yet another typical ubi-esque open world formula game?

Kind of. It doesn’t quite have the “content” barf of most Ubi titles, but it’s still very obviously inspired by the AC games. I’d say it’s better than most of the recent AC games though.

Back