GF8800GTX on sell

pettybone said:
Is that what that means! Who knew! Came from the second post on that link the OP gave us. Don't be mad. I love you. No I don't. Yes I do. No I don't.

lol you're welcome.
it does look like two different cards... hrm...

Man, I just couldn't get past the fingernails. What were we talking about? :eek: He would make a great back scratcher though. :)

gman said:
Man, I just couldn't get past the fingernails. What were we talking about? :eek: He would make a great back scratcher though. :)
I think it's for kung fu fighting.... "girly style"

Nicepants42 said:
Maybe I've missed this little tidbit in the tidal wave of hype and speculation, but does anyone know why there are two SLI connections?

4 way SLi? or PPU on a 3rd card?

Elios said:
4 way SLi? or PPU on a 3rd card?

could be physics then again sending the data through the x8 PCI-E slot is enough, unless it needs a direct connection to the PPU.

factory81 said:
Yes....before I buy my case I must know how long that sucker is....
Looks like your average monster....
The German info said 260mm. That's 10 1/4", btw an ATX board is 9 1/2" wide.

FORNOWAGAIN said:
The German info said 260mm. That's 10 1/4", btw an ATX board is 9 1/2" wide.

basically allow an extra inch after the mobo, needed to know as I have a 120mm fan mounted on the motherboard tray.

Some of these have already been stated... but:

hmmrevised3.jpg

**Edit** christ Paint's JPG compression is aweful! What's with that!

I don't see anything on that page except for a bunch of asian characters...

SpeedRunner said:
I don't see anything on that page except for a bunch of asian characters...
me too. I think it's saying "I got pwnz0r3d by nvidia for reproducing leaked images of an unreleased card"

Arcygenical said:
Some of these have already been stated... but:

hmmrevised3.jpg

**Edit** christ Paint's JPG compression is aweful! What's with that!
It is definitely two different cards in the pictures. The general speculation around the intarweb is that the bottom card in the image is the "GTO" version of the card, while the top version is the "GTX"
Unconfirmed, though, AFAIK

digitalxdna said:
lol you're welcome.
it does look like two different cards... hrm...
My guess is Nvidia really didn't like the 6800 GT cannibalizing the 6800 U, and to a lesser degree 7900 GT/7900 GTX. So, this time around they're really trying to differentiate the 2 products.

Cutting pipelines seems to be the better business proposition.

I think he was using those nails of his as a way to give us an idea of the size of the card :eek:

wee96 said:
WTF that dude has long ass nails, disgusting.

I assume he is malaysian. Having long fingernails is a custom. People that were royalty long ago grew them out to show they did not have to work / labor.

On another note, no way I'm buying a G80. Not enough power, not enough money.

ep1taph said:
I assume he is malaysian. Having long fingernails is a custom. People that were royalty long ago grew them out to show they did not have to work / labor.

On another note, no way I'm buying a G80. Not enough power, not enough money.

According to your sig, you have a 550W PSU. It's more than enough, if the 450W rumor for the G80, is true.
You can only complain about the money now :)

According to the pic shown above... i think the top cards the GTX version and the bottom is the GTS... cos' i heard the GTS will only use one power connector rather than two which the GTX version has.

好东西来了,真快啊 protect my balls!
Let's fighting love!

Silus said:
According to your sig, you have a 550W PSU. It's more than enough, if the 450W rumor for the G80, is true.
You can only complain about the money now :)

I guess that's true. I just got caught up in how many people kept complaining about their SLI needs. Should have read more.

All in all, I'll definitely wait for the mid-range products to debut. Hopefully something in the $200 price point. Might be awhile.

3D mark '05...20K+ with single GTX and 3.8Ghz X6800 ;) ....FYI only to anyone who care about 3D benchs.

I can now get one card which has the performance of my currrent two cards but also the same power reqs, about.. crazy. it sort of shows how much power it costs on the video subsystem to get certain bench scores.. ~300W = ~20k on 3dmark05 very roughly.. lol. (yes, I know there are many other factors - just thinking abstractly a little)

so judging by the new pics. any experts here tell me if my dangerden low profile block will fit it?

Viper87227 said:
That explains absolutely nothing. I've seen these boards and know the third PCI-E slot is for physics. That does not answer why there are two SLI connectors on the GTX and only one on the GS.

My best guse is so it can move more bandwith between the two cards. I also noticed that on the new ATi x1950 there are two ribon attachments as well.

-Proxy

Proxy said:
My best guse is so it can move more bandwith between the two cards. I also noticed that on the new ATi x1950 there are two ribon attachments as well.

-Proxy
1950 Pro yes, but not 1950XTX/CF.

I think $540 is the wholesale price, not the MSRP. A top-end, non-refresh card hasn't debuted at under $600 since the GeForce 4, to my knowledge (and it's predecessor the GF3 did cost $600).

Back