Get your tweaked Jetway AGDMS & ECS RS480-M bioses here!

dderidex said:
Anyone know if the official A04 bios for the A210GDMS fixes or adds anything meaningful?

Should that be the basis for the modded A210 BIOSes, then?
The A04 bios was indeed evil. I modified it identically to the A03 bios and it fubared by bios. I did not want to totally give up so I hotflashed an A04 bios with a single mod. Did not work. Finally hotflashed back to the modded A03 bios and left it at that.

It's painful, but sometimes you just have to walk away... doubtful there was anything overclocking worthy in it, anyway.

Helo everybody!
I've found this topic by google.
Regards for the nice job really!
I have some troubles withe my RS480-M. I'm using the latest BIOS from the ECS site (1.1h) and it seems like the LDT options in the bios doesn't work at all. The LDT multiplier detected by A64Tweaker, Everest an so on... is 5x nomater what I've set in BIOS. I've disabled AMD Q&Q still the same. There is an option "LDT Configuration" = Enable/Disable but it does'n help neither. So I'm stucked on 230MHz.
I've tried to modify the bios with MODBIN like setting the LDT to 800Mhz by default... and still nothing it is 5x. :eek:
The modified bios in the first post was a sunbeam. I've flashed it, but it dooesn't do the job. The LDT multiplier is stil 5x nomater what I do. Now I'm back on the official 1.1h.
Is there any way to make this board work with lower LDT multiplier? I even don't need the RAM timings in the BIOS, just want this stupid LDT option working.

WOW
I would never gess that the first BIOS is the best.
It works just fine now. Thanks.

The best seems to be this tweaked one ;)
It's working good for overclocking (at least for me), but it disables the onboard video :(

Just wondering but with the modded bios what are people maxing out at generally?

Also, is the max as variable as the Biostar or more consistent like the Foxconn?

btw what are all the RAM ratio options with the modded bios?

I have the 1.1h bios and it won't let me change the LDT multiplier. It always defaults to 5x. As a result I can't overclock much because the HTT ends up being FSBx5 so at 220 or so the HTT is too fast and the system becomes unstable. I could go back to 1.0a but I don't if that would work with my X2 3800+. Probably not. I think they added support for that CPU in the later bios revisions ( and also broke LDT ).
Any ideas?

Thanks

diasper said:
Just wondering but with the modded bios what are people maxing out at generally?

Also, is the max as variable as the Biostar or more consistent like the Foxconn?

btw what are all the RAM ratio options with the modded bios?

(EDIT: Sorry, noticed after posting that question pertains to ECS board not Jetway w/naked Bios that I am posting about below)

Running 300MHz FSB with HTT at 600 (3x), which ends up being 900MHz HTT.

Onboard video and audio still work fine at those speeds.
Loses onboard NIC at those speeds, but cheap PCI NIC or USB NIC work fine.

At 300MHz, Bios shows memory settings of 200, 233, 266, and 300.
Mine set at 233, which post screen shows as 466MHz, but some windows apps see as 200/400MHz. Don't know which is correct. Cheap memory, so not complaining.

Onboard video clock up to 350MHz

(Have 6 Jetways, and all run Opteron's 144@300x9, 146@285x10, all now in use 24/7 at those speeds, most with stock HSF and 220w power supplies in mATX case. So yes, it is very consistant and overclocking depends more on CPU limits).

I flashed to A04 last night. No problems - running smoothly. I still can't get S3 suspend to work. It was broke in A03 and A04 seems to still be broken. If I set power management to wake form USB activity, the PC powers on as soon as I shut it down. Beyond these small problems its a great board.

Win XP users. Beware ULIRaid.exe. The lst several revisions from ULI has a memory leak that effects services.exe and slowly eats more and more cpu usage over time, as well as needing more and more ram.

Sorry if I'm jumping on this train as it has already left the station..... if you know what I mean. I have just gotten my A210GDMS-Pro system running, with a 3500+ E4 venice. I think I am in need of a BIOS flash and it's been a while since I've done one (PIII era). I have a couple questions:
1. The Jetway site is an abomination. Can someone walk me through the process?
2. I have rev. A03 now. Does rev. A04 address the core temp issues? What else?
3. Where is the HTT multiplier?
4. What happened to this forum? Has everyone abandoned this mobo????

Sorry for the rash of questions.
-eric :confused:

The revival of an old thread, okay here's the issue...
I have the tweaked Jetway bios, BUTTT there's a couple of issues, first RAM timings do NOT stick, and second when any type of RAM divider is used it defaults to 186mhz... on the boot screen it shows it with the proper divider, but in windows using CPU-Z and benchmarks it's confirmed to be at a much lower actual speed... so this limits overcocking quite a bit. Right now I'm running 234mhz fsb 1:1 with my ram, but my processor can do more. This is my RAM limit, and unfortunately, since the dividers don't really work, it just leaves me SOL =( Anyone else have this problem or have a solution to it? Thanks

I never had any of those issues. Use A64Info for all of your problems. Do a search on XS or EOCF for it.

We need to bring this back for the next generation. We need a hacked bios for RS485M-M and hopefully Jetway will release an AM2 board soon. This RS485 board is just like the RS480, I miss my Jetway.

tayunz said:
We need to bring this back for the next generation. We need a hacked bios for RS485M-M and hopefully Jetway will release an AM2 board soon. This RS485 board is just like the RS480, I miss my Jetway.

Jetway was my first matx 939 board for which i will always felt was very good . it was the most stable board i have had since owning this dfi rs482 .

hugs

Jen

Back