• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Get your PC Resident Evil 5 benchmark program!

I like the graphics, but the gameplay seems really poor. I obviously cannot say much, as it is just a rolling demo; however, it seems to me that the AI is absolutely pathetic (even for zombies). Also, the guy playing either sucks horribly or the controls are poor. Perhaps a combination of the two.

The 'guy' playing is also AI. If you watch closely, the variable demo is slightly different each time.
 
DX9 does give more favorable results with ati cards compared to dx10.

2dluloj.jpg


i7 @ 4.0, xfx 4890 950/1100,
everything max, 8xaa

ur frames are high i have about the same set up

e8400 at 4ghz, xfx 4890, 4 gigs of ram, running xp

at 1920x1200 everything max 4xaa motion blur on vsynce off i get avg of 49fps at the end of the test seems way lower then yours. I jus got my 4890 im dissapointed now.
 
How is the W7 64bit DX10 benchmarking going for everyone?

Doesn't work very well for me.
 
ur frames are high i have about the same set up

e8400 at 4ghz, xfx 4890, 4 gigs of ram, running xp

at 1920x1200 everything max 4xaa motion blur on vsynce off i get avg of 49fps at the end of the test seems way lower then yours. I jus got my 4890 im dissapointed now.

The i7 is quad core, and apparently Resident Evil 5 is highly threaded. I'm trying not to be lazy, let me find the article that illustrates the difference...

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,...Evil-5-Core-i7-reigns-Phenom-strong/Practice/

There we go, have a look. I'm not saying that's the only reason, but it's part of the reason.
 
The i7 is quad core, and apparently Resident Evil 5 is highly threaded. I'm trying not to be lazy, let me find the article that illustrates the difference...

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,...Evil-5-Core-i7-reigns-Phenom-strong/Practice/

There we go, have a look. I'm not saying that's the only reason, but it's part of the reason.

well what even more strange is that my bros amd 5050e @ 2.9 ghz with a 4870 adn 2 gigs of ram same setting he gets 67 frames avg higher then mine. dunno whats goin on. tried other games and alot of the the games my bros 4870 preforms better the my 4890 dunno whats goin on.
 
1080p 8xaa max details my 4850 CF/phenom 2 X4 setup pulls ~45 fps. Kinda lame...
 
ur frames are high i have about the same set up

e8400 at 4ghz, xfx 4890, 4 gigs of ram, running xp

at 1920x1200 everything max 4xaa motion blur on vsynce off i get avg of 49fps at the end of the test seems way lower then yours. I jus got my 4890 im dissapointed now.

Maybe your aa settings in ccc are on edge-detect rather than box, which could hinder performance (i'm not sure as i've uninstalled the benchmark already).

Other than that, I don't really know whats up. But dont be bummed out, its just a bench for a game that isn't even out yet. Your other games run fine right?

Try the latest 9.8 w/ hotfix drivers to see if that helps any too.
 
I have an update to my performance. I reloaded windows 7 and put on the latest drivers. The rig is in my signature. Not too bad with everything maxed out but AA.



Edit: I forgot to mention that the AA setting was 4xAA with TR SSAA forced from the nvidia control panel. I could tell some of the fences had improved AA with the TR SSAA turned on.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top