German Group Plans Killer Game Drive

Germans are a bit strange, although I can sometimes understand why. Some of them, especially among the German 'educated elite' seriously overcompensate for past actions, without realising this shows the flip side of the same coin.

Knee-jerk politically correct actions always aimed at convenient (but slightly deluded) scapegoats to take the blame has been happening for decades. And it's not just talk - these guys actually go ahead and do it! External observers (and their own minorities watch this with some concern), but these guys don't. These well-off but deluded 'do-gooders' really really don't.

But Americans shouldn't be so smug. It's moving in this direction as well.

Nah... just why not just ignore them? That is the country where you have to get a baby's name approved before it's official...

If it ever get to that point in America, I'm just gonna pray Russia or China gets really ticked one day.

Not to defend the Germans but we do do something similar here in the US. A lot of counties have guns for cash programs. Guns kill just as much as video games do - not at all. It's people that kill.

Not to defend the Germans but we do do something similar here in the US. A lot of counties have guns for cash programs. Guns kill just as much as video games do - not at all. It's people that kill.

People kill!? NOOO. Only video games...

??

Yeah, I forgot about that.

I think it was something on the scale of 10000 gun 'homicides' every year in the USA compared to 400 (I don't remember, but it was from a very liberal documentary) in Deutschland...

Dear Germany:
I will humbly offer my residence as a storage facility for the game you are attempting to destroy. I am making this sacrifice so that you do not have to handle the games any more than needed. Again, this is a selfless sacrifice on my behalf for the people of Germany.

Dear Germany:
I will humbly offer my residence as a storage facility for the game you are attempting to destroy. I am making this sacrifice so that you do not have to handle the games any more than needed. Again, this is a selfless sacrifice on my behalf for the people of Germany.

Please, donator covers shipping costs.

Not to defend the Germans but we do do something similar here in the US. A lot of counties have guns for cash programs.

At least that's encouraging people to voluntarily turn in means of killing. What are people going to do with a video game? Try to stab someone with a broken jewel case?

At least that's encouraging people to voluntarily turn in means of killing. What are people going to do with a video game? Try to stab someone with a broken jewel case?

lol, did you just see BlameTruth's video on that?

I definitely thought this was going to be an article about German's wanting to get "killer" (awesome) games to kids that couldn't afford them. Too bad.

I don't see what all the fuss is about. We need these games so we can be ready to deal with the hordes of Zombies, aliens and radioactive WW2 Nazi soldiers! This stuff is real man! Every digital zombie you kill is one less pounding on your door!

You watch, Germany is going to be overrun with Zombies and alien mercenaries now. You guys are freakin' doomed over there!

:eek:

awww where is the shoot the knee-jerk reaction / politcally correct douchebag / i will not take the blame for my shit parenting in the face day?

I agree with the person who mentioned overcompensation, I've been living here for 3 years (and love it, tbh), yet I've seen it all over. Germans are indoctrinated to feel guilty and shame for what happened as their grandparents were children.

While I agree its no laughing matter, and that it shouldn't be forgotten for the lessons it taught the world, people need to get over it.

Its only in recent years that germans have actually done stuff like hang flags ont heir cars during the soccer world championships and stuff. This was also considered taboo before (Patriotism was considered bad-evil road to nazism kind of stuff).

German here,
pretty much was Canadian in Berlin wrote...
We are obliged to feel personally guilty and ashamed. (even the phrase "our country" doesn't really work here without an odd aftertaste)
...at least that's what I learned in the school history lessons. (somewhat like the slavery stigma in the US)
It's slowly getting less extreme with the WWII generation dying out and the teachers that got exposed to the original US/Allied Forces "Psychological Warfare Division"'s "collective guilt campaign" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denazification#Collective_guilt_campaign as children going into pension.

Traditional german behavior pretty much follows the path of being highly suspicious towards everything that could be considered a step towards evil: patriotism, racism, political symbols, nuclear energy, gen-tec, changes to the environment, non mainstream religious groups (from historically amish to recently scientology), movie and game violence, greedy managers, ect... difference to the US being a uniquely german inclination to create bureaucracy to regulate everything.

Back in the 30s after the Great Depression it was directed against people expected to be often involved in the financial business (as well as the intellectual left wing/communist media)... and we know how that ended up...

On videogame burnings... It's the same as in every country, stupid parents trying to blame an outside source instead of themselves.
But it's still legal to go full throttle on the autobahn and own a 50bmg rifle... once you went through elaborate training and paperwork.
The larger partys had plans for weapon bans, speed limit and internet regulations, and then also jumped onto the game control bandwagon, fueling the craze to get a few more votes out of the recent school shootings for parliamentary election. Greens only stopped to be openly anti videogame (but not paintball...¬_¬; ) after they noticed it could hurt their young voters)
But the (anti regulation, pro capitalism, nuclear, gen-tec, weapon right, free-speech and videogame) liberals got their best result ever, getting back into the ruling coalition. making political regulatory action unlikely...

...so maybe there's still hope for the country. ^_^; (ikes, that post got longer than planned...)

We dont like wars, yet we invite them into our front rooms!

Killing in games is adjusting our minds to be used to killing.

Like in karate kid 2 or 3 where laruso is trained by the bad guy and ends up breaking someones nose. twitch reflexes / conditioning.

I really hope you lot get a good dose of zombi / post apocalyptic war. then maybe you will want to come to the oasis.

What does heaven look like? design one yourself. pcs are good for that too!

It amazes me how smart and how stupid humans can be at the same time. I think most people grow up believing that the world is a much nicer place than it really is. Bad shit happens and it is the fault of the trigger man not some stupid video game.

The country that destroyed Europe twice in the past century, and was directly responsible for the deaths of more than 20 million people. German's are nut jobs. I don't want them even thinking about killing, even abstractly.

The country that destroyed Europe twice in the past century, and was directly responsible for the deaths of more than 20 million people. German's are nut jobs. I don't want them even thinking about killing, even abstractly.

Every country has its moments of darkness. Perhaps you've forgotten America's? The past is the past. :rolleyes:

The country of Germany didn't do these things, it was the occupying political party.
Not every German in WWII was a Nazi you know...

The country of Germany didn't do these things, it was the occupying political party.
Not every German in WWII was a Nazi you know...

But of course he is driving a Benz or a Beamer...
Dr_b_, what a retarded post: I am German, and not a nut-job, well, maybe a little...

And did you hear about those 5 teens setting the boy on fire?
Yes, that makes all Americans nut-jobs too, right? :rolleyes:

Think, read, rethink, then post...

But of course he is driving a Benz or a Beamer...
Dr_b_, what a retarded post: I am German, and not a nut-job, well, maybe a little...

And did you hear about those 5 teens setting the boy on fire?
Yes, that makes all Americans nut-jobs too, right? :rolleyes:

Think, read, rethink, then post...

Yeah, people tend to go with Ready > Fire > Aim. I know plenty of German people, all nice.

The US does the same crazy things, we have PETA for god sakes

For god sakes, we have Jack Thompson, the RIAA, and the MPAA.

Germany did produce Uwe Boll though...

For god sakes, we have Jack Thompson, the RIAA, and the MPAA.

Germany did produce Uwe Boll though...

You know what. Both countries should be nuked back to the stone age for those offenses alone. ;)

You know what. Both countries should be nuked back to the stone age for those offenses alone. ;)

You want to kill even more people now? Are you German too? Do you play violent video games?

Oh and i love that "occupying political party" joke. You were only following orders right?

Those self-righteous morons fail worse than a blind kid with a box of crayons and a coloring book. I hope they're dumb enough to burn the games they do get and die from the plastic fumes.

I hate to break it to you, but people all across the world at one point or another have done bad things.

screw you, I don't want to move again;)
Besides, where else can I pay 50usd a month for 1.5mbits/s? (don't bring Peru up...)

Ach... we still have the ELF.

Hello this is my first posting on this forum. I am a longtime reader of hardocp.

I would like to corrct some misperceptions that have arisen in this thread.
99,99% of the gamers in Germany don´t want a games ban.
In Germany were is a group of federal interior ministers , people working for televion, an ex justice minister....who have tried hard to enforce a games ban on so called klller games.
Some earily legislation drafts included 2 years prision time for people who make such games...to date luckily these drafts have not been turned into a law. Instead we had a law regarding age classification...(larger age symbols on the box etc...).

As you may know very violent games are already banned in germany
Still there is a witchhunt going on in the media , gamers are cast in a very bad light compared to perverse criminals and so on....

Maybe you don´t care about Germany , maybe you have a laugh and say they are crazy(in this case you are right about the people who want to do this.)

But do you think it stops with us?
Those People knowing full well that you can order and bring in games from abroad wanna make the efort and also try to estabilsh this in Europe. And then what?

How long will you enjoy Freedom?

I don´r want to anger you , i just want to play with my friends.
I know some American and British people and i am very happy to call them freimds and being able to play a game with them.

So lets us not become distracted by our differences in history but rather let us be united by the love for freedom, by our respect for one antoher, by our passion for games.

Best wishes to you all

A German advocacy group is asking people to bring their “killer games” down to a local event and throw them away. The group is partially made up of parents of the children killed in the school shootings earlier this year.

I can see how distressed parents would want to do this. Must be incredibly hard to deal with the loss of their children. :(

Personally i see video games as entertinment. Nothing else.

Hello this is my first posting on this forum. I am a longtime reader of hardocp.

I would like to corrct some misperceptions that have arisen in this thread.
99,99% of the gamers in Germany don´t want a games ban.
In Germany were is a group of federal interior ministers , people working for televion, an ex justice minister....who have tried hard to enforce a games ban on so called klller games.
Some earily legislation drafts included 2 years prision time for people who make such games...to date luckily these drafts have not been turned into a law. Instead we had a law regarding age classification...(larger age symbols on the box etc...).

As you may know very violent games are already banned in germany
Still there is a witchhunt going on in the media , gamers are cast in a very bad light compared to perverse criminals and so on....

Maybe you don´t care about Germany , maybe you have a laugh and say they are crazy(in this case you are right about the people who want to do this.)

But do you think it stops with us?
Those People knowing full well that you can order and bring in games from abroad wanna make the efort and also try to estabilsh this in Europe. And then what?

How long will you enjoy Freedom?

I don´r want to anger you , i just want to play with my friends.
I know some American and British people and i am very happy to call them freimds and being able to play a game with them.

So lets us not become distracted by our differences in history but rather let us be united by the love for freedom, by our respect for one antoher, by our passion for games.

Best wishes to you all

It's not all that different. This country was very close to having German as the official language a long time ago. Among whites in the US, German is the largest ancestry.

It's not all that different. This country was very close to having German as the official language a long time ago. Among whites in the US, German is the largest ancestry.

the most recent event of strong german influence coming to mind being "project paperclip" ...mass transfer of patents and scientists from nazi germany to the US.
Helping it to achieve it's current technologically and hereby economically leading status,
as well creating the basis for various military projects, with the moon landing and NASA being most noticeable (and official) project lead by nazi-scientists.

Another historically interesting event being german and dutch settlers creating the first american movement to abolish slavery, and the influence of german settlers on the process.

Sometimes it seems to me that both populations share very strong similarities, even larger than those with some of their direct neighbors, with the only real difference being that those that moved to the new world seem to have a stronger tendency to seek freedom from government control, whereas those that stayed in the old one often don't really seem mind if the government tells them exactly what to do... (unless its enforcing speedlimits...)

... still, comments on german news-sites also mainly express concerns similar tho those mentioned in this thread, as well as remarks on the organizers obvious lack of neural capacity... :D

lol, some one give me a hand, those look like perfectly good games! WTF, empty boxes!

Haha that's funny. What did they expect people spent their hard earned money on those, they aren't going to just throw them away.

Back