• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
I didn't check the links this time, but Steve from Hardware Unboxed said in his review that the RPM number didn't match the acoustics he heard, so it could be that the RPM value or any other reported value is incorrect. The FE model is a small card anyway, so I don't see much reason to choose it over the AIB models for a regular case, even if it looks neat.
 
Last edited:
Looks like they reduced the amount of fins. On top of +10% more power.
Also the extra shrouds they put all over the card reduce ventilation.

5070FE.png
4070SFE.png

5070FE_2.png
4070SFE_2.png
 
Last edited:
First 5070 at MSRP I’ve seen in the wild. I’ve been looking for 9070 restocks mostly..

IMG_6837.jpeg
 
Just came in.
I'll put off opening it for now just to be sure I actually want to use it.

Serial number starts with 2508 which I think means the manufacture week is Feb 17th.

20250311_193859~01.jpg
 
Better make sure everything works before the 30 day refund period ends. But congrats on getting a new video card.
I don't think anyone who got an MSRP card recently wants a refund lol. You lose the inflated value of your card, plus thrown back into this fucked up GPU market.
I doubt Zotac is even making any more of these models, on RMA they would be forced to upgrade me to a higher SKU or refund anyway.

The card's from the Zotac store so dealing with the retailer isn't an option.
 
Last edited:
For those interested Best Buy has a queue system up for a few models of 5070s and 5070tis online. I was able to get in the line but backed out. $700 and $1000 for the 5070 and 5070ti. Not going to pay $1000 for 5070ti, so I will pass myself.
 
For those interested Best Buy has a queue system up for a few models of 5070s and 5070tis online. I was able to get in the line but backed out. $700 and $1000 for the 5070 and 5070ti. Not going to pay $1000 for 5070ti, so I will pass myself.
ASUS has restocked this MSRP 5070 yesterday and today, it lasts about 5 minutes each time. Easily doable if you have alerts.
Both restocks were around 9 AM EST.

https://shop.asus.com/us/90yv0m11-m0aa00-asus-prime-geforce-rtxtm-5070-12gb-gddr7.html
 
About availability in Finland:

It seems stock availability has stabilized for a few MSRP models. You can get the very much adequate Asus Prime model for 20 € more (699 €). The MSRP ones are two fan models (Inno3D X2, MSI Ventus 2X), so it seems people deem them too little for the money, RTX 5070 already being an expensive buy, while the stellar results of RX 9070 XT, that was available only for 40 € more at launch here (720 €), is worth a further wait. For now, the Radeon is not available for the MSRP; there's hardly any XT models available.
 
Was the 5070 originally planned to be 16 GB? Two empty vram spots on these.


View attachment 717572

View attachment 717573
Eh, theoretically you could add in 4GB more. But Nvidia decided to go cheap on memory. Probably because DDR7 costs a bit more than DDR6.

All the cards in the 5000 series launch feels subpar outside of the 5090 and the 5070 Ti which are both pricey but at least feel they are somewhat worth the value if you can find them at MSRP.
 
Isn't it just the same board as for a 5070 Ti and 5080, except with less memory?
Those pics are the MSI Trio and Zotac, I already checked both cards vs the same model 5070 Ti and they are different PCBs. I also checked the Ventus 5070 Ti, it's also different.
My 2nd thought was maybe it's a (high-end) 5060 Ti PCB. No way MSI would do that with the Trio though.

Both are low phase count, 9 or 10. the 5070 FE is also 9 phase.
 
Can anyone help me figure out how long exactly, preferably in millimetres, is the Asus support bracket in it's shortest position, that likely comes with any of their recent TUF models, though I'm particularly concerned about the one that comes with RTX 5070. Here are two pictures (#1, #2) of the one that comes with RTX 4080 TUF (the other one has a ROG logo though) from a Reddit thread, and even when the thinner part of the bracket has some dimensions printed on it, it is still hard to figure out exactly how long the bracket is in total. Can anyone help? I find it cumbersome that the brackets might not even be shown in product pages nor described in any way, which is rather essential since the bracket protects the card, but customer needs to know if he can fit it in his PC or get a different one.
 
the segments look to be about 1" based on other pics ive seen, so its ~5"
 
the segments look to be about 1" based on other pics ive seen, so its ~5"
5 inches is 127 mm, which sounds too high, but perhaps when fully extended it might be. My question was about the minimum height, because there is not much room in my case. The most regular similar stand sold on Amazon can be set between 74 and 120 mm (the L variant).

Amazon product page
 
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
maybe the marks are mm, thought they looked too big though.
asus has a chat thing on their site, could ask that.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I got the TUF model today and I measured the supporting stand which doubles as a small screwdriver: length is 61-93 mm, so it's shorter than many other options. I'm glad though they offer a low enough height for certain cases.

What comes to the experience with the RTX 5070, to which I moved due to driver issues on Radeon, in the spoiler is my first observations:

In short, I have three games I wished to play which all malfunctioned, while also experiencing microstuttering or more pronounced stuttering depending on the driver version, usually in every game on the bad driver. Also, on desktop some versions introduced occasional artifacting and mouse cursor was practically invisible on a white background sometimes, which is a real issue for me since I write documents - the cursor also had other strange behavior in LibreOffice Writer (shortly discussed here). In Warcraft 3: Reforged there was a major hitch every five seconds or so, which makes the game unplayable. Unfortunately, it remains on Geforce, since the issue is likely related to some Ryzen related lack of instructing (dedicating load unnecessarily on multiple cores), while some Intel owners report issues too, though I'm not sure if their problem(s) are exactly the same. Then in The Quarry, I had slight artifacting in about 30 mins running the game, with hitching on top - this game I yet have to try out throughoutly on Geforce since producing the issue requires time. In Alien: Isolation depth of field was completely broken, but my real issue was it too presented artifacting during a longer session. Fortunately, on Geforce DoF works as it should. This DoF issue is likely related to legacy code the Radeon Group is for some reason unwilling to fix, or at least prioritize (I have reported it); it has remained for at least two years now, one other game affected is Dead Space (2008), where I experienced it on my RX 5700 XT a long time ago.

The artifacts might relate to unintendedly hiking GPU boost clock, which is often reported even by the fresh owners of RX 9000 series (this thread offers as a common solution limiting boost clock value), though I never managed to check if my GPU actually did that.

Yet on the drivers, using my PC about a month via the iGPU on the Ryzen 7600X worked without issues. I don't recall any real issue that prevented or affected my usage in any way, though worth mentioning is that 4K Youtube videos load a tad slow and once strangely the Noise Suppression panel missed options. The experience on the iGPU was in the month's period satisfactory I'd say, I even played a light 3D game on it. Important is to note that the Ryzen CPUs (both 7000 and 9000) include an RDNA2 based GPU rather than RDNA3, which on desktop is the RX 7000 series (I come from RX 7800 XT).

I'll update this post when I have tested The Quarry...

UPDATE1. I forgot to mention that joyously, in Rocket League on Geforce there is an FPS limit option of 142 instead of the exact Hz of the display (like 144 Hz). This prevents tearing in combination with Freesync. On Radeon this option is not there, though I guess it's rather easy to just tweak some config file regarding this particular title. Though on many drivers the RX 7800 XT introduced a slight hitch, rather rarely, when 2D elements popped up, usually only once per session, in this game. This might be related to the boost clock thingy, but I recall my only major game related issue on RX 5700 XT was also 2D element related in Resident Evil 2 Remake, but that was aknowledged and rather quickly fixed. I mention this simply because I'm curious how the different vendors actually manage the 2D elements in their pipelines.
 
Last edited:
Looks like 5070 stock is improving at least. I've been looking for a 5090 and thus checking various online stores. The MSI store has had an MSRP 5070 (Shadow 2x OC) in stock since at least yesterday afternoon and at the moment Newegg has the MSI Ventus 2X OC for MSRP.
 
Looks like 5070 stock is improving at least. I've been looking for a 5090 and thus checking various online stores. The MSI store has had an MSRP 5070 (Shadow 2x OC) in stock since at least yesterday afternoon and at the moment Newegg has the MSI Ventus 2X OC for MSRP.
It is good to discern the models like you did, since much above MSRP RTX 5070 is not a desired release and even for MSRP I bet in many regions the two fan models will not move quick - they cross the limit. For AIBs it would have been wiser perhaps to send the smallest cards to reviewers, since if they show to be stellar, then more people would be less afraid to buy them. Hard to say if they are noisy, but why risk anything, especially when for the price you realistically should and might get a better package (like Asus Prime, Zotac Solid, Gigabyte offerings). It is curious to witness though where the lines are drawn and the RTX 5070 in the current day showcases this.

EDIT. addition
 
Last edited:
It is good to discern the models like you did, since much above MSRP RTX 5070 is not a desired release and even for MSRP I bet in many regions the two fan models will not move quick - they cross the limit. For AIBs it would have been wiser perhaps to send the smallest cards to reviewers, since if they show to be stellar, then more people would be less afraid to buy them. Hard to say if they are noisy, but why risk anything, especially when for the price you realistically should and might get a better package (like Asus Prime, Zotac Solid, Gigabyte offerings). It is curious to witness though where the lines are drawn and the RTX 5070 in the current day showcases this.

EDIT. addition
Good point about the 2 fans. I wouldn't personally be afraid of one. It's a ~2.5 slot 250W card with a flow-through cooler. I've had 200W 2-fan cards 2 slot cards without a flow-through cooler that weren't loud, and my 3090 is 350W with 3 fans and no flow-through is a similar thickness and seems fine. All that said the 3 fans models should be quieter. At any rate, 2 fan MSRP models staying in stock means we're getting close to 3 fan MSRP models staying in stock.

Funny thing is in the long run the 2 fan MSRP models may end up being more desirable than the 3 fan MSRP versions. Once supply catches up OC models and pretty cooler models won't cost so much more, but people will want the 2 fan MSRP models for SFF builds.
 

Just put the card in this morning and been tinkering for a few hours.
Running around AC Shadows, my GPU temps are down 15C and CPU temps down 10C, compared to the 3090. This is even with all my case/CPU fans ramped down by about 200 RPM. FPS is up about 20% but the game also runs badly on Ampere.
 
Last edited:
Just put the card in this morning and been tinkering for a few hours.
Running around AC Shadows, my GPU temps are down 15C and CPU temps down 10C, compared to the 3090. This is even with all my case/CPU fans ramped down by about 200 RPM. FPS is up about 20% but the game also runs badly on Ampere.
Ampere runs hot and dumping all that hot air into the CPU cooler wreaks havoc on CPU temps. The GDDR6x memory definitely didn't help either as it ran quite hot. Afaik the 5070 runs at 150w less than a 3090 which will work wonders for both your case air temps and your room temps. My experience is that around 300w is the limit before the heat starts to become hard manage inside the case.

GPUs don't care that much if you heat up the air 2-4 degrees, as long as you have one with a good cooler, so I prefer to run my CPU radiators as intake and oversize them as well. The CPU coolers are much more sensitive and also have much less capacity for cooling as they are generally not direct die and the dies are much much smaller for the wattage they use (spot heat).
 
Ampere runs hot and dumping all that hot air into the CPU cooler wreaks havoc on CPU temps. The GDDR6x memory definitely didn't help either as it ran quite hot. Afaik the 5070 runs at 150w less than a 3090 which will work wonders for both your case air temps and your room temps. My experience is that around 300w is the limit before the heat starts to become hard manage inside the case.

GPUs don't care that much if you heat up the air 2-4 degrees, as long as you have one with a good cooler, so I prefer to run my CPU radiators as intake and oversize them as well. The CPU coolers are much more sensitive and also have much less capacity for cooling as they are generally not direct die and the dies are much much smaller for the wattage they use (spot heat).
I had the card undervolted to pull about 250W in non-RT and 300W in RT. Still had to add more fans to my case just to barely keep the temps in check.
I knew the temps would be lower on the 5070 but it is mind blowing. I was actually worried the smaller cooler on the 5070 wouldn't be much of an improvement.

Even after exiting games, my temps return to idle in about 5 minutes as opposed to 1+ hour on the 3090. It's been so long I forgot what a normal-power GPU was like.

Also seems like FG works okay on 60 Hz with the right settings, which is a pleasant surprise.
 
33% more 5070's over the Ti.
I was of course right about the supply being split.

No 9070 or XT listed. This means there are likely more of each 50 series on the market than 9070/XT combined. What happened to AMD's huge supply?

View attachment 727355
Sad-- In better news- Very happy that I got my B580 when I did. My biggest and really, only complaints are driver overhead and the inability to use it on anything that old, when combined with rebar and 4g decoding requirements
 
5070 really needs those 3GB GDDR7 modules. $500+ card with 12GB is just sad. It would be a different story if it had 18GB GDDR7. The current version is as easy to break as my 12GB ARC B580. Just run it out of vram. Ok, so it's not nearly as bad as an 8GB RTX 5060Ti, but it's still at least as vulnerable to running out of vram as an Intel budget card. Perhaps more vulnerable in a way, since a 5070 has the power to run much higher settings than an ARC B580.
 
5070 really needs those 3GB GDDR7 modules. $500+ card with 12GB is just sad. It would be a different story if it had 18GB GDDR7. The current version is as easy to break as my 12GB ARC B580. Just run it out of vram. Ok, so it's not nearly as bad as an 8GB RTX 5060Ti, but it's still at least as vulnerable to running out of vram as an Intel budget card. Perhaps more vulnerable in a way, since a 5070 has the power to run much higher settings than an ARC B580.
thats the story with the 5060/ti as well. 8gb would be fine... on like a 40/50 tier card, where it is not going to run into the capacity limitation in the first place.
 
thats the story with the 5060/ti as well. 8gb would be fine... on like a 40/50 tier card, where it is not going to run into the capacity limitation in the first place.
Preaching to the choir. I won't be a bit surprised if a 12GB 5060 or 5060 Super shows up at some point. 12GB 5060Ti is more doubtful... 8GB version might just slowly disappear in favor of the 16GB version. 8GB 50 card? Sure, why not.
 
Back
Top