Geforce 770 & 780 coming in May

Don't go outside, the world is going to get you!
yeah I can no longer function now that I have a .1% chance of something going wrong. :D

although on a serious note, I did have a girl at a gas station 2 nights ago say "get the fuck out of my hood because we dont like white people around here".

yeah I can no longer function now that I have a .1% chance of something going wrong. :D

although on a serious note, I did have a girl at a gas station 2 nights ago say "get the fuck out of my hood because we dont like white people around here".

Time to move...

I've noticed that I spend countless hours looking at GPUs yet I never actually play any games.

On the rare occasion that I do boot up a game I'm always thinking about other things I could be doing, like reading up on GPUs.

I've noticed that I spend countless hours looking at GPUs yet I never actually play any games.

On the rare occasion that I do boot up a game I'm always thinking about other things I could be doing, like reading up on GPUs.

This is how I am with a lot of things.

Riiiiiiight, and some would like to think Santa Claus still exists.

Must have thought I was talking about him, wonder why

Anyways, for $700 I'm sticking with titans.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see if AMD takes advantage of this or joins in the price raping with their 8000 series cards. I may just try to nab two proper 600 series cards as Amazon / Micro Center / Fry's tries to clear their shelves.

Time to move...
it was a rough area in Mobile AL and I live 250 miles away in Birmingham. I was just stopping there after making a delivery for my job.

on topic, the 780 will only interest me at 500 bucks and even then its hard to justify for what little I play. and Nvidia must be giddy selling all these GK110 gpus none of which are even fully functional. its hard to believe a $1000 gpu has parts disabled and a severally butchered gpu being a $600 gtx780 card.

Old news. It is preorder price gouging, and even then obviously placeholder prices as the versions are priced identically to the penny for superclock and reference. These vendors always have far higher than msrp pricing prelaunch. It will be 599 usd, or less, no questions asked. Hell, the last four generations have all been 499 ;)

I have never and probably will never touch Craigslist selling... with how crazy people act in this day and age just on forums oftentimes, let alone in-person just driving... I can't say I'm compelled to tell someone I'm going to meet them with a several-hundred-dollar item. Yeah, most transactions probably go fine, but that 0.1% that don't? You don't want to be that guy. Online if something goes wrong, at least you didn't get shot, robbed, or attacked (and I see news articles on this all the time online), and the worst that can happen generally is you are out the money if someone tries to scam you.

And regarding a public place, I've heard of people getting robbed inside of McDonald's before by someone walking up to them and leaning over their shoulder while holding a gun inside their jacket against said person's back, then walking out as though nothing happened (and no one really notices because it looks like it's a "friend" saying bye to someone and then walking out). I'm sure some of these people on craigslist have various ways down to a science.

This post is accurate. :(

Old news. It is preorder price gouging, and even then obviously placeholder prices as the versions are priced identically to the penny for superclock and reference. These vendors always have far higher than msrp pricing prelaunch. It will be 599 usd, or less, no questions asked. Hell, the last four generations have all been 499 ;)

$699 inbound, it's showing up now at those prices in euro on the overseas sites.

More huge gk110 rape is coming. who even believed there would be a card not much slower than titan for half the price.. :rolleyes: should be thankful for 699, it could of been worse. want a card for about $500 ? that will be the gtx680 rebrand as 770 for $449.

Hope so. The most I'm willing to pay is $599.99, unless it is a good custom model ($610-630).

I really hope that $720 is not the actual price of the 780.
I recently sent back my Sapphire 7950 for a refund, hoping the 780 would have a reasonable price.

If the $700+ price tag is true, I may just get a vanilla 7970 and overclock to GHz speeds.

I really wanted to try nVidia this upgrade, but the 2GB on 680/770 is a deciding factor against those cards.

Unfortunatly, its easer to start too high, then offer sales and discounts if its not selling, than start too low. Also, what do you expect when you got people buying Titans at over MSRP? Sadly, there's a lot of suckers with no money sense or self control.

Its only 3gb so highest should be is 500 bucks tops. It was 5gb of ram then I can see it being at that price.

One can hope, but my official prediction is that you won't see a 5GB 780 for anything under $600-650(reference models) unless AMD pulls a rabbit out of their hat to counter it..

I am now revising my estimate (which was made on the 2nd) to a 3GB 780 for under $600-650..I think anyone wishing for a $500 price point has a better chance of buying a unicorn at that price:(...

I really want to be wrong, but I just don't see it..

$699 inbound, it's showing up now at those prices in euro on the overseas sites.

More huge gk110 rape is coming. who even believed there would be a card not much slower than titan for half the price.. :rolleyes: should be thankful for 699, it could of been worse. want a card for about $500 ? that will be the gtx680 rebrand as 770 for $449.

Already saw 599 price on a European site. That is therefore probably the highest it will be. Please don't spread fud.

EDIT: Linkage here, Zotac 780 (someone on OCN called to confirm) http://www.redcoon.es/B467555-Zotac-Its-Coming_NVIDIA
zotac780promo.png

Last edited:
Unfortunately you obviously cannot read Spanish (I can) You also don't understand how Euro pricing translates to what you see here in USD pricing. 599 Euro = $770 USD. Now they do pay more for nvidia cards in Europe, so knock off the $70 and you're at $700USD. Thank you for confirming the pricing for me though ;) That is one of the many sites turning up in Europe confirming the $699USD MSRP.

For reference here is a Titan on the same site http://www.redcoon.es/B446633-Zotac-GeForce-GTX-Titan_NVIDIA?xtmc=gtx titan&xtcr=1 $899 Euro = $1150USD. Again, per usual the additional price paid in Europe for nvidia cards.

Enjoy, GTX 780 is $699USD MSRP.

Not sure why you find it so unacceptable, considering titan is $1000 it's still a deal. Hilarious you would believe it would sell cheaper than $700 given the card's performance.

come thursday the $699 gtx780 will be home to roost on a newegg shelf. enjoy

Unfortunately you obviously cannot read Spanish (I can) You also don't understand how Euro pricing translates to what you see here in USD pricing. 599 Euro = $770 USD. Now they do pay more for nvidia cards in Europe, so knock off the $70 and you're at $700USD. Thank you for confirming the pricing for me though ;) That is one of the many sites turning up in Europe confirming the $699USD MSRP.

For reference here is a Titan on the same site http://www.redcoon.es/B446633-Zotac-GeForce-GTX-Titan_NVIDIA?xtmc=gtx titan&xtcr=1 $899 Euro = $1150USD. Again, per usual the additional price paid in Europe for nvidia cards.

Not sure why you find it so unacceptable, considering titan is $1000 it's still a deal. Hilarious you would believe it would sell cheaper than $700 given the card's performance.

You clearly haven't watched many hardware launches... USD<---->Euro is 1:1 for pre-orders always. But I'll be sure to quote you on Thursday :). 699 MSRP is simply not happening. A pre-order in Europe for 599 euro means a $599 USD price over here in the USA, virtually always. You don't convert it, because it includes a large tax already, so the 1:1 rule is spot-on generally.

As I said, you're just spreading fear-mongering FUD... have fun, but it won't affect what I pay as it arrives at amazon ;).

Oh, and other launches were far larger performance bumps, yet were all $499 (GTX 280 through 680) at launch (280 was 649 but got price-dropped within 7 days to 499, if you want to be a stickler about it).

Last edited:
You clearly haven't watched many hardware launches... USD<---->Euro is 1:1 for pre-orders always. But I'll be sure to quote you on Thursday :). 699 MSRP is simply not happening. A pre-order in Europe for 599 euro means a $599 USD price over here in the USA, virtually always. You don't convert it, because it includes a large tax already, so the 1:1 rule is spot-on generally.

As I said, you're just spreading fear-mongering FUD... have fun, but it won't affect what I pay as it arrives at amazon ;).

Oh, and other launches were far larger performance bumps, yet were all $499 (GTX 280 through 680) at launch (280 was 649 but got price-dropped within 7 days to 499, if you want to be a stickler about it).

Cards will be much cheaper in US than in Europe - we got VAT, customs and then there is also currency exchange rates. Usually, as GoldenTiger say, it's simple 1:1, so if it's 600 euro, it will be 600 dollars.

Still, 600 euro is way, way too expensive for me. I think 670 was about 400 euro, and 680 was about 500. I will not pay that much for a hardware, that will waste most of it potential in PC. I think I grew up from upgrading PC every year. I prefer having nice holidays instead of having a card :)

Its probably been said a million times, euro is usually 1:1 (usd) when it comes to hardware prices.

2 more days left, ladies and gentleman ;).

Last edited:
Just finished building my new gaming rig and I'm waiting for these new cards to be released. I haven't been an early adopter of a new top of the line card since 2002 (Geforce 4 Ti 4600). I'm probably crazy, but if the 780 is $600 I might go for it.

going to be some thorough butthurt on thursday when the 780 launches at $699. thread has a few with a wild dream they will get near titan performance on the cheap... dream on ;) should be thankful it's only $700 considering it's close to titan which is $1000

keep dreaming and enjoy the 700 price

try to help some out who are thinking of buying a 780 and end up with people wanting to attack and be delusional about pricing thinking they have a welfare titan coming for them on the 23rd. no free rides on 28nm, everything is expensive. enjoy the $700 price or get a 'cheap' $450 770. enjoy.

Last edited:
going to be some thorough butthurt on thursday when the 780 launches at $699. thread has a few with a wild dream they will get near titan performance on the cheap... dream on ;) should be thankful it's only $700 considering it's close to titan which is $1000

Who's going to be butthurt? I'm just going to buy something else

try to help some out who are thinking of buying a 780 and end up with people wanting to attack and be delusional about pricing thinking they have a welfare titan coming for them on the 23rd. no free rides on 28nm, everything is expensive. enjoy the $700 price or get a 'cheap' $450 770. enjoy.
And if it isn't? You know as much as me, when it comes to what this card will be priced at.
Who's going to be butthurt? I'm just going to buy something else
Exactly.

Back