Geforce 320.49 Drivers

oshia86

Gawd
Looks like a new set are up on Nvidia's website.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

Release Summary
This is the launch driver for the newly released GeForce GTX 760.

GeForce 320.49 drivers include several fixes for issues reported with 320.18 drivers. Refer to the release notes for a full list of fixed issues.

New in GeForce R320 Drivers

Performance Boost – Increases performance by up to 20% for GeForce 400/500/600 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 314.22 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here is one example of measured gains:

GeForce GTX 660:
Up to 20% in Dirt: Showdown
Up to 18% in Tomb Raider
Up to 10% in Metro: Last Light
Up to 10% in Sleeping Dogs
Up to 8% in StarCraft II
Up to 6% in Sniper Elite V2
Up to 6% in Metro 2033
Up to 6% in Far Cry 3
Up to 6% in Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Up to 5% in F1 2012

GeForce GTX 660 SLI:
Up to 17% in Dirt: Showdown
Up to 18% in Tomb Raider
Up to 9% in Metro: Last Light
Up to 9% in Assassin’s Creed III
Up to 7% in StarCraft II
Up to 6% in Far Cry 3
Up to 6% in Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Up to 6% in Battlefield 3
Up to 5% in BioShock: Infinite
Up to 5% in F1 2012

SLI Technology
Added SLI profile for Alien Fear
Added SLI profile for Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
Added SLI profile for Dead Island: Riptide
Added SLI profile for Dragon Sword
Added SLI profile for Neverwinter
Added SLI profile for Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Added SLI profile for GRID 2
Added SLI profile for Human Head 2
Added SLI profile for Remember Me
Added SLI profile for The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Updated SLI profile for Natural Selection 2
Updated SLI profile for Resident Evil 6
Updated SLI profile for Trackmania 2: Canyon

Additional Details

Installs PhysX System Software 9.13.0604.
Installs HD Audio v1.3.24.2
Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5.5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit. More information at http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit
Supports OpenGL 4.3 for GeForce 400-series and later GPUs.
Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs.
Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.

Going to wait and see how others are faring with this driver. 320.18 was a bit buggy on my GTX 570 (graphics corruption) and GTX 770 (TDRs, occasional stuttering). Had to roll back to 314.22 drivers.

These are simply a must for me, as BF3 had weird blocky boxes showing up everywhere and these drivers have fixed them.

Also performance in Company of Heroes 2 is up over 320.18.

Going to wait and see how others are faring with this driver. 320.18 was a bit buggy on my GTX 570 (graphics corruption) and GTX 770 (TDRs, occasional stuttering). Had to roll back to 314.22 drivers.
I ran the 320.39 beta drivers (the drivers all the reviews for the 760 are based on) for a few days and played 6-7 hours of Max Payne 3 and never had a problem. These should be solid. I've got them installed now and no issues thus far.

Are .39 and .49 essentially the same? I have .39 installed now.

The .49's bring in new fixes and such. I guess I was the only one who had zero issues with the 320.18's.

Last edited:
Hmm.

I installed them and I just ran 3dmark11. The final test crashed to desktop. I'll restart and try it again.

EDIT:

It completed this time. Yes, these are more recent. nVidia Inspector shows these as ending in 220, I believe .39's end number was 203.

320.18 weren't stable for me. I got random BSODs.

I suppose I'll go try some games now.

Last edited:
why do they rate performance improvements over the 314.22 drivers? why not rate these against the 320.18 drivers?

I have been getting occasional artifacting and crashing in BF3 with the 314.22 drivers. Can anyone confirm if this solves these issues?

I have been getting occasional artifacting and crashing in BF3 with the 314.22 drivers. Can anyone confirm if this solves these issues?

I wasn't getting crashing, but I was getting artifacts. This driver has fixed it for me.

Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.

Wait.

There are SLI motherboards for AMD? I thought that was not the case in the last 5-7 years?

Im sticking with 314.22 as they have been flawless for me...might stick with them until the next major game is released that requires optimized drivers

Hmmm. Considerably updated PhysX version over the 320 WHQLs - first time that's changed in a few releases.

Wonder if it fixes the Planetside 2 crashes?

Not realy the 39 is some kinda leak and not official reccoment geting 49 since alot have sean glichis whit the 39
320.39 is the test driver for the 760, it was sent to reviewers and journalists for the 760 release ([H] used it for their 760 review). The 320.49 is just a newer driver that NVIDIA officially released as a beta.

Yay z87 surround! Also booo, no Win8 surround maximized application/taskbar fixes.

Meh, the regular old 320.00 driver is smoother running around outdoors in Skyrim than .39 or .49.

BY THE WAY-- there are nVIDIA GeForce 325.71 WHQL drivers aswell!

found on guru3d

(http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379843 )

I've no doubt that 320.18 worked well for many people. I didn't have problems with them besides an occasional BSOD. If it happened it was when I would start windows media center to use my tv tuner card or when I was on YouTube viewing videos.

BTW I've Skyrim running fine outdoors again with 320.49. I deleted the skyrim, skyrim perfs and rendererinfo in the skyrim folder under documents mygames. Making it rebuild them seems to have smoothed things out.

BY THE WAY-- there are nVIDIA GeForce 325.71 WHQL drivers aswell!

found on guru3d

(http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379843 )
They're not showing up on nvidia's website =\. I guess it's another leak.

320.18 had an issue with not saving custom color settings (I used a lower gamma level) sometimes on reboot (windows 7 x64), and this release (320.49) appears to have alleviated that. Woo. :) Wasn't a big deal as it only required 1-2 clicks to fix, but more of an annoyance.

only issue I had with 320.18 with a 780 was the driver would crash and recover every once and a while.
It was always while on desktop doing nothing too.

So far I'm seeing some pretty significant problems with suspend and presumably pci-e power state stuff at idle. The machine keeps freaking out and hard locking when trying to suspend, or coming back from suspend (stuff like only some of the monitors will power back up before it locks). Pretty sure it's a problem related to some of the compat issues they've had with z87 so far, don't see this happening on my z77 machines.

I just installed the new windows 8.1 preview and now my nvidia drivers are 325.71, anyone else have this version?

Previously had 320.18 installed which had no crashes but about one of every 4 gaming sessions or so gave me heavy artifacting in BF3, and just fine with all other games tested.
So far after installing 320.49 I've only been playing BF3 MP and have crashed after 10 minutes or so on every map. Not going to try any other games for now...
Going to give 325.71 a shot right now, the ones from the link above. Will post back here after playing BF3 and another game or two.

Did another clean install, PC has crashed twice when I've left it alone. I think it's down for surround, going to leave it disabled for a while.

well I tried these for a couple of days .. about oh 30min ago brought up evga precision x and was surprised to find my cards temp at 50. It has never been at 50 even full load. So, uninstalled these put back the latest official drivers temp is now 38.
Inconsideration its 105 out right now in southern missouri cant complain about that temp too much.

so, 12 degree drop just for changing drivers.
just looked its now 34..

Raised a bug report for the surround crashes, will see how that goes.

The only issue I've had with these drivers was they locked my gpu clock at 575mhz until I rebooted. Since the reboot everything seems to be working well, although I did notice a small temp increase of 2-3degrees on load.

Tried the 325 drivers and had no problems running one GTX 660 playing BF3, Alice Madness Returns and CS:GO.
My crashes with these BETA version of 320.49 drivers stopped after playing BF3 for many more hours.
Installed 660 SLi and WQHL 320.49 and after several crashes to desktop and system hangs, I did a second clean install of drivers and everything works great. Don't really see a perf difference from 318.xx but I have no artifacts in BF3 as I did with 318 and earlier.

Just got the new driver today on gtx 680m 320.49, was playing Dota 2 and all of a sudden it crashes... Wonder if its the new update or just my game lol.

well I tried these for a couple of days .. about oh 30min ago brought up evga precision x and was surprised to find my cards temp at 50. It has never been at 50 even full load. So, uninstalled these put back the latest official drivers temp is now 38.
Inconsideration its 105 out right now in southern missouri cant complain about that temp too much.

so, 12 degree drop just for changing drivers.
just looked its now 34..

Damn, that's scary to hear

Anyone using a 770 with these drivers? When I installed 320.18 I got awful artifacting and crashing in BF3 and a few other games were crashing on me as well. I'm running 314.22 with an edited ini right now and it seems fairly stable but am curious if these new ones solved the issues.

Thanks.

The Windows 8.1 preview drivers are top notch. The ones delivered via Windows Update were quirky at best, but I've been happy with the installer-based versions from Nvidia.

Back