Gearing Up for Threadripper 2990WX Cooling

looks like a fun project! Im curious if you get some achieve some world record overclocks!

is that ice in the cooler? or what?
Yessir! I doubt it will get below ambient. A good thing if you aren't prepared to keep the frost off your cpu & haven't greased your socket (not sure how that last would work with a threadripper lga type chip& socket). Won't get quite as cold as the chiller Intel used to demo it's 28-core chip at 5Ghz, but it will get nice and ... chilly :)

Yessir! I doubt it will get below ambient. A good thing if you aren't prepared to keep the frost off your cpu & haven't greased your socket (not sure how that last would work with a threadripper lga type chip& socket). Won't get quite as cold as the chiller Intel used to demo it's 28-core chip at 5Ghz, but it will get nice and ... chilly :)
It'll get below ambient, just lookit that res.

Just doing some fun stuff with it to see how Precision Boost Overdrive works.

Knocking out three Noctua TR4 coolers today.

IMG_20181001_184615.jpg

Wow. 3 new air coolers tested. 2 fan speeds, 2 clock profiles, 2 processors. Retested two more with 100% fan profiles on 2 clock profiles and 2 processors. My finger is sore from putting down that thick PK-1 TIM. lulz. Glad that only took 9 hours to do right.

Since the rgb cable controller of the wraith is sandwiched between the gpu and cooler, when using a gpu with no back plate, can the tip of the cable(which doesn't seem protected) or something from there melt over the years?Or damage the sticking pins of the pcb of the gpu?
Possible. But you would also have more room there with no back plate.

Back